Thread: BC4E Dead Pedal Installed

BC4E Dead Pedal Installed

Mercurymarauder.net member BigCars4Ever has produced a few small runs for a very, very comfortable dead pedal. Like many panther owners he found the lack of foot support to be annoying and did enough research/work to put together an incredible, easy to install pedal. The entire thing utilizes factory bolts and mounting locations, is very sturdy, and does not dramatically alter the appearance of our cars.

This link will take you to my motortopia.com album for the install of this dead pedal in my 2001 Crown Victoria LX. The product works in his wife's 2000 GM, my 2001 CVLX, 2003-2004 Marauders... I'm assuming that it will work in most panthers aero or newer... perhaps prior. If you look at the install in my album you will see the removal of a piece of trim, then a white plastic bracket. If your car has this white bracket like the one in my album then your car should be able to utilize this dead pedal.

Review: This was the best $65 I've spent on my car so far... BC4E makes these not for profit, but to help the Panther community. The pedal construction is VERY sturdy. I weight 175 and can easily put my full weight on it (this was prior to install) with very little, if any, flexing in the bracket. The pedal itself is the perfect size. I wear size 13 shoes and found that if I put my heel on the bottom of the pedal the tip of my foot will barely touch something under the dash (feels plastic... haven't looked to see what it is yet) but this is also not the most comfortable position. When I place my foot in a natural position my size 13 shoes touch nothing. It keeps my knee at a very comfortable position regardless of the location I put my driver's chair into. My thoughts are that it could have been moved about 1" to the left and been a better placement... but I cannot complain as this position is still very comfortable.

Tomorrow I am taking a long road trip (for the second time this week) and I should be able to give long-term impressions of this dead pedal. My last road trip this week left me with 6-7 hours of car travel and a sore left knee in addition to the fact that I kept finding that I could not place my left leg comfortably anywhere.

The only troubling part of the install is that I have weak knees and had to kneel on the pavement for about 20 minutes. The install would have been shorter but I chose to take many pictures/videos so that I could provide details/help to anyone else who does this in the future. Aside from this it was extremely simple to install.

Remove trim panel, remove bracket, cut bracket, install pedal, re-install trim.

After having done this once I believe I could do it in another car in about 10 minutes, maybe less. I highly suggest you guys get ask in this thread when BC4E will be making more. It takes him a few weeks to get the parts, it seems, but I received mine just a few days after ordering. It was packed very nicely and delivered via UPS (although I doubt anything could hurt this 9/16" steel bracket, pedal or baseplate)...
    Last edited by djbruce26; 03-07-2007 at 11:13 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Unnamed) 84,500
    Stock 3.55 Trac-Lok
    Stock 250 HP

2001 Crown Victoria LX HPP (Christine) 46,500 - Totalled 1/18/2008
    BigCars4Ever Dead Pedal

DJ,
    Nice write-up! Great review as well. I'm sure this is a great mod for those that need it!

Thanks again,

J
    Alex, you'll always be with us!
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport 230A
    Bone Stock (Really, would I lie?)
    I couldn't see destroying a Marauder as my daily driver!
    '03 Marauder 300B as in blue
    DOB 5/12/03 - adopted12/01/06
    1 of 328
    SS Inserts

Quote Originally Posted by JMan View Post
    DJ,
    Nice write-up! Great review as well. I'm sure this is a great mod for those that need it!

Thanks again,

J

+2 on the review, great photos

I agree. I just got mine this week from him. Excellent peice, easy install.
    Very good stuff!
    03 300A, Tint, FPN Tune
    Lower Grill Mod
    Flowmasters
    Delete Tips
    B&M deep pan
    BC4E Dead Pedal
    Larger than stock black Bullitts

Too easy! I may have to leave work early to go home and get this installed.

Now, who sold hose matching pedal covers?

John

Installed a Mustang dead pedal in my MM. Now I look for the dead pedal in every rental car I get when on business travel.

DynoPro's used to make a complete set of pedal covers.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thanks for all the glowing reviews! This design will work only on 98 and up vics and GM's (Marauder included). Town cars and pre-98's have a different floor pan. It's been a lot of fun designing and making these and I enjoy supporting fellow enthusiasts. I've been getting requests for more and I may end up making another run. Can't let my welding skills get rusty! Thanks all!
    Ron
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Quote Originally Posted by BigCars4Ever View Post
    Thanks for all the glowing reviews! This design will work only on 98 and up vics and GM's (Marauder included). Town cars and pre-98's have a different floor pan. It's been a lot of fun designing and making these and I enjoy supporting fellow enthusiasts. I've been getting requests for more and I may end up making another run. Can't let my welding skills get rusty! Thanks all!
    Ron
    Good job Ron!
    My left foot thinks of you every time I drive my car!
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Speaking of pedals, does anybody think the IUP pedals out of a Bullit, Mach1 or 03-04 Cobra will fit?
    2004 DTR Marauder
    K&N FIPK
    ADDCO Front and Rear Sway Bars
    Pro Guard

2003 DSG Cobra Vert

Pro 5.0/MGWLTD Handle
    Steeda CAI
    Bassani SS Catted X-pipe
    Bassani SS Cat-Back
    MMFLSFC

Stock SAE --> 348.8 HP 330.3 TQ
    Modded --> 427.4 HP 390.7 TQ

The link quit working... did you move the writeup?

John

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyFords View Post
    Too easy! I may have to leave work early to go home and get this installed.

Now, who sold hose matching pedal covers?

John

I covered mine in Black Leather. Not really a slip-on cover. I cut a rectangular peice of leather and glued it on, top and bottom, with rubber cement..... Looks good, feels good, and is holding up just fine.

Dead Peddle

Hi all,

Ron was running a show special at Marauderville IV. Free install with purchase of his dead peddle for $50. I was the lucky recepient! (My wife let me buy it as an early birthday present from her.) It felt great driving home to Pensacola (about an 8 hour drive.) That coupled with my Cruiser arm rest made it a great trip! Best mods I have made to my Marauder. (Dead stock mechanically. ) Remember the "Lucky 13!"
    http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3139&dateline=1166318856
    2003 300A #897 of 7839
    Larry W. Blum, Jr.
    Walnut Hill, FL.

I'm awaiting a response from Motortopia... I was browsing my car there then when I clicked on a photo album my car and its albums were all deleted... so I sent them a tech e-mail asking if it could be restored or if I have to go back and re-upload all of it. My supermotors page still contains all of the pictures at http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...ry/10483/55663.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Unnamed) 84,500
    Stock 3.55 Trac-Lok
    Stock 250 HP

2001 Crown Victoria LX HPP (Christine) 46,500 - Totalled 1/18/2008
    BigCars4Ever Dead Pedal

Thread Information