Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: intake for marauder?

amerikan Guest

intake for marauder?

does anyone know of any recent forums, and if there is an intake available.. what are the expected gains to the wheels? THANKS GUYS

I thought I would try a March ram air system for a Mustang. Got a used one off ebay. I don't see an easy way to duct it to the MM air box. May not be possible. Will post an update if I can figure out a way without butchering anything.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Marauder57 Guest
    I thought that Logan had some kind of Mustang intake on his MM....Serge now runs with the Big Dogs.....no he is above intake and minor MM improvements.....old lead foot....

Originally posted by SergntMac
    Oh my...Logan never mentioned any mods involving intake. I thought I had his car down on paper. If he did that mod, it would be news to me, K?
    Actually, Sarge...he DID replace the factory box with as cone filter (I think he posted as pic).

I also saw this recently in Charlotte with "mrmark" on his Blue one, that has been modded by Mark Rae at Zeus Automotive. It was a nice setup. (and I FORGOT to take a pic of it)

OK, so maybe there's some ambiguity here as to what "intake" means.

If the original question means "intake manifold", the only upgrades I know of are the intake manifold for a supercharger installation. There was some discussion about trying the Aviator intake on a MM but as far as I know nobody has tried it.

If the question is referring to "cold air intake system", there is nothing available for that yet either. Hence my reply commenting about the March ram air system.

Logan's car had a cone-type air filter and a home-built box around it to isolate it from engine compartment heat. It did not have any sort of scoop to bring in cooler outside air.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

I stand corrected...

You are right Fordnut...I got "thrown" by the reference to K&N.

My bad.

Hey Mac what's with the occasional eh? I see in your verbage is there a little Canadian in you?

ghost Guest
    There's always the option of making your own intake pipe and cold-air box.

Cost breakdown:

3" chrome Pep Boys exhaust tip: $25
    2 sheets of Plexiglass: $10
    Gloss black spray paint: $2.50
    Foam seal: $7
    Labor: Free

You guys are smart, you can do it too. Think and fabricate.

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

ghost Guest
    Cold air box in the raw:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    It's all that time Mac spent working with Constable Fraser of the RCMP.
    You did watch the TV show?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Crown Vic Guest
    I have an intake like that in my car from Angry Duck Racing. From their testing, it knocks 0.7 of your quarter mile with a chip. This is from a Crown vic...may do the same in a Marauder.

Marauder57 Guest
    FROM Sarge,
    Well, you think wrong, pal!

Logan never mentioned any mods involving intake. I thought I had his car down on paper. If he did that mod, it would be news to me, K?

Meanwhile, I am not "running" with anything, or, anyone. And, I am not "above" any question posted here, "minor improvements" included.

The question posted used the word "intake," and suggested a path to better performance that none of us have yet explored.

Do you know what "intake" means is on this engine?

Maybe I missed something in reading the original post, but I assure YOU that I have not missed reading anything in YOUR post. WWRROONNGG SIR!!!!

Thank you...I needed to know what it was going to cost me to step up to the MM forever plate.

I'm sorry I did YOU such a disfavor in stepping up...

Hey now, why don't you back off the accelerator there.....I was siimply making a sarcastic joke....witness the eye wink about the fact you had the Kenny Brown S. Cruz said "spoiled" under you post and I was intimating that you had "THE" MM and that getting a K&N filter charger was not a big deal when you have such a hot car....nothing more....simply paying tribute to your new acquistion.....nothing else....I don't hold any ill will towards you for getting the "S" great job.

And when I saw "intake" to me that meant air....I have seen the K&N ads and information talking about increasing Air Intake and I saw pictures of Logans car and asked him what he did to his MM. I am not capt. mechanic just a fan of my MM.

Crap what does a guy with a sense of humor have to do leave a NO FLAME ZONE post after every post or some stupid disclaimer?

Disclaimer: Any person alive or dead or resembling either of the aforementioned who take any offense or defense to words or phrases coined or dollared in the above post should be advised that said post was meant in a "humourous" nature (see Humor in Webster's) and should neither derive or contrive any ill meaning in such. In the event of offense please proceed to the arbritration forum ( www.aclu.com ) where this subject and issue will be dragged on forever and a day.

While we're on this thread, I know that the consensus is that the K&N replacement filter won't actually give any added HP. What about the K&N (or other) conical filter? What improvent does that give, if any?
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

ghost Guest
    Not sure about your car, I haven't seen any tests, but the Impala SS will pick up 8-10 hp at the rear wheels with a K&N cone filter and straight pipe to the intake manifold.

Hot Rod TV (I think it was) reproduced those numbers recently on the program by doing just that.

The stock SS intake system sucks (no pun intended). If yours is better, expect less gains in hp. But any reduction in the restriction of the intake is a Good Thing. More air means you can add more fuel and we all know what that combination will do...

Eric

And I was thinking I might see some alternative to the $3000 FRPP 4V Mustang intake.
    Dave (1stMMGTCC)
    Dayton Ohio -- BIRTHPLACE of Aviation, the Automotive Self Starter, Cash Register and the highest per capita number of patents in the USA and home of the first MM with GT Coil Covers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information