Thread: Traction Control Disable...

Traction Control Disable...

I'm sure that it's been discussed here before but... If there is anyone here that could help me figure this out, that would be great. I want to reverse the TC Off button so that the TC is only on when I hit the button, on demand. I want the light on only when it is engaged, not when disengaged like it is now. Any easy fixes?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2004 Mercury Marauder DTR:
    #320 of 982 & #1036 of 3213
    NOVI 1200-SL *Supercharged*
    492.6 HP / 430.0 ft-lbs - 09/25/08
    -Full Stainless Exhaust by Exotic (!!!LOUD!!!)
    -Flowmaster Super 44s & 4" Delete Tips - Wes
    -Richmond 4.10's
    -Ford Racing M-4033-G1 Aluminum Axle Girdle
    -Tuned by ZACK
    -Pro-Guard
    -KDW2 Tires
    1998 P-71 POLICE INTERCEPTOR "Embassy Edition"
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 HO 4bb (my first car)
    1982 Ford Clubwagon XLT 5.0 - "Ol' Blue 82"
    1973 Ford Bronco - w/ a Fuel Injected 5.0
    --------------------------------------------------

60' ... 1.927
    1/8 ... 7.932
    MPH ... 92.08
    1/4 ... 12.231
    MPH ... 116.29

I don't think you can do it on a Marauder.....Mustang boys can and some have tried whatever they have with no luck!!!

My Diablo tuner has a disable TC function but the dash lights up like Christmas and CEL stays on.....I couldn't get it to work at all??

Good Luck and let us know if ya figger it out!!

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

Jack;

I do not remember a Marauder owner buying and installing one of these

http://www.ponyexpressperformance.co...oncontrol.html

since the last time this was discussed.

Did we get a definitive "no, this does not work on Marauders"?

jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jdando View Post
    Jack;

I do not remember a Marauder owner buying and installing one of these

http://www.ponyexpressperformance.co...oncontrol.html

since the last time this was discussed.

Did we get a definitive "no, this does not work on Marauders"?

jeremy

Wouldn't hurt to call them but I think someone tried one awhile back and it didn't work!!??

Marauderjack
    No Marauder

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    I thought we did get a definitive no.
    there was a long discussion.

That switch on the dash works well to turn it off, and it won't just suddenly turn itself back on like it does in cars from some other manufacturers.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by High-C View Post
    I'm sure that it's been discussed here before but... If there is anyone here that could help me figure this out, that would be great. I want to reverse the TC Off button so that the TC is only on when I hit the button, on demand. I want the light on only when it is engaged, not when disengaged like it is now. Any easy fixes?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    I have it.

My dealer did it for me. About two years ago I talked to him and he wouldn't divilge the procedure.

See my car bio below.

2003 Dark Blue Pearl 300B (Canadian) w/Light Flint (reversed traction control, mini spare, trunked 6 disc CD changer, clock-in-the-radio, heated front seats/mirrors, hood light), Born 12/10/02; converted new then used 2/28/03
    ENGINE: Kenny Brown: 6th “Signature Series” conversion, Vortech supercharger (5 to 7 psig boost; 3.48 pulley), 400 RWHP/377 RWTQ, 8.8lbs/BHP; Dennis Reinhart Cobra engine cooling kit TRANSMISSION: Stock transmission upgraded with Performance Automatic "Super Streeter" transmission version, stub shaft (defective metal) failed at 30k miles; upgraded internals (except for torque converter) to Reinhart's design; Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3, later upgraded to 3500 rpm stall speed); Ford Racing transmission aluminum pan SUSPENSION: Metco control arms (black powdered coated), coil from each front stock spring removed to produce the “same” effect as an Eibach spring DRIVETRAIN 4.10 gears, MMX Driveshaft, Ford Racing Stud and Girdle BRAKES:14 in. BaerClaw front, (two piston, slotted rotors), TIRES: Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico (front 255/45ZR18 99Y, rear (widened rims)285/45ZR18 102Y), ACCESSORIES: Wheel locks (Ford), godshead valve stem caps, Dead pedal, Badgeless front grille by “Zack”; Zaino waxing; RainX; Autobhanded, FordChip, Ground clearance: 5 in.; 54,000 miles MISCELLANEOUS 18.5 mpg at a steady speed of 80 mph, one tank of gas
    ______________________________ ___________________________
    1961 Ford Galaxie, 2 dr. Club Victoria, 390CID, 375hp, 4 barrel (gone)
    BlueWaterMan

If the dealer did it, it must be easy.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    If the dealer did it, it must be easy.
    Especially if he didn't charge for it.
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

You can do it with Sniper tuning software too

11.90 @ 117.5mph on 93 octane
    324 shortblock, Novi 2000, Now with optional axle removing tires
    Igziabeher

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    Especially if he didn't charge for it.
    He charged me about a couple of hundred of dollars.
    BlueWaterMan

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Russo View Post
    He charged me about a couple of hundred of dollars.
    Ok, well, for that much i think i'll just try to remember to push the button
    Member Number 32

I have just made a habit of pressing the button if I am driving alone on dry, sunny days. Expecially in cooler weather.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

You can either reflash the ABS module, or you can easily reverse the switch's function using a relay (but not the indicator, it still works as before, light on = t/c off) It also defaults the switch to 't/c off' on start up.

I've helped a few CVN guys with this. If you don't mind having the light on,
    I'll post up a diagram for you
    -My Homepage and Panther tech-

My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis Supercharged LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Thread Information