Thread: MAF wiring extension

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)

MAF wiring extension

I'd like to find a wiring extehsion, that has a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other.

Seems nothing quite like that exists. You'd think one might because there are 'power adder' kits ot there that require the cutting of the IAC wires. Such an extension would allow leaving ht original wiring intact.

A pig tale is available. I'm wondering if the connector thet is on a MAF (it is removable) could be wired to a pigtail, then used as an extension.

Diablo also has a device they call the Maf -ia.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?modul...splay&pid=4

This would work, although I'm not sure it's actual function would be necessary, and it costs between $150 - $200.

One of these Diablo Sport devises that is defective might be able to be reworked as a simple extension, but where would you find one of those?

Any ideas on how I might make an extension? <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_7855-->
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Here's a thought. It appears you wish to keep the factory set-up. If you were to buy a socket and pigtail for the MAF, you could also purchase six male pin connectors for soldering to it. Then all you'd have to do is remove the original connector from the engine harness, get some heat-shrink tubing, plug and play. That would give you about 8 or 9 extra inches to work with and would be totally reversible. A little corrugated conduit and nobody would be the wiser!

Food for thought,

J
    Alex, you'll always be with us!
    '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport 230A
    Bone Stock (Really, would I lie?)
    I couldn't see destroying a Marauder as my daily driver!
    '03 Marauder 300B as in blue
    DOB 5/12/03 - adopted12/01/06
    1 of 328
    SS Inserts

Umm, Since I'm not sure if I'm alowed to link it - but I know a guy can make you any MAF harness converison/extension you need.
    I PMed you the link.
    -My Homepage and Panther tech-

My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis Supercharged LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

I'd just cut the wires (one-at-a-time) add the necessary length (solder and use heat shrink tube on the connections) then add the corrugated tubing.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information