Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Trade My Immaculate Mustang Bullitt for 03/04 Marauder

Wanted: Trade My Immaculate Mustang Bullitt for 03/04 Marauder

Hi folks. I have a 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT in Dark Highland Green (one of about 3000 in this color) that I want to trade for a Mercury Marauder. I love my Bullitt (more about it in a second), but I have two kids (one being a newborn boy) and the Mustang just doesn't have enough room. The Marauder is a nice compromise between the performance of the Mustang and the practicality of a Marquis. I would be willing to trade (we can negotiate whether some additional cash on my part needs to change hands - i.e. the Bullitt plus some cash for a Marauder) for any 2003 or 2004 Marauder with less than 45,000 miles that has been cared for by a enthusiast. The closer to stock the better and I would entertain all colors.

Now, more about the Bullitt. As most of you, being car enthusiasts, probably know, the Bullitt edition Mustang GT was a limited edition tribute to the 1968 Mustang GT driven by Steve McQueen in the classic car chase movie Bullitt. Ford produced 5800 of these, only in 2001. Most are in the more desirable Dark Highland Green (the same color as the McQueen car), though a few are in True Blue (about 800 units) and Black (about 1200 units). Only Dark Highland Green was unique to the Bullitt and no other Mustang has been available in that color since. The Bullitt edition is more than a set of emblems, it is a substantially different car from a Mustang GT. Ford consulted with Jack Roush to design a car that had both increased power and handling prowess over the standard GT. The Bullitt is lowered by 1 inch (with improved spring rates) compared to the GT and includes several specific suspension modifications including bigger sway bars unique to the Bullitt, revalved Tokico adjustable gas shocks, wider tires, subframe connectors (frame rail connectors). The brakes are 13 inch rotors clamped by Brembo calipers (with a unique Cardinal red color and Mustang pony emblems). The car has increased hp and torq ratings over the standard GT of 275hp/315ft-lbs respectively. The exhausts are unique to the Bullitt GT which are specially tuned to acheive the notorious "Bullitt sound" with rolled exhaust tips. An upgraded Tremec 5-speed was the only tranny available. Though mine has never been to the drag strip, Car Enthusiast magazines have gotten a range of quarter mile times from 13.56 to 14.10 from brand new bone stock Bullitts depending on the driver. The exterior has several features that are unique to the Bullitt including a unique C-pillar, unique quarter window glass, unique side-scoops, unique rocker moldings, brushed aluminum fuel filler door, Bullitt badgng, blacked out grilled coral, clearcoat paint under the hood and a delete of the rear spoiler. Like the Marauder, the interior is a throwback to 60's musclecars with a "heritage instrument cluster" (unique to the Bullitt), brushed aluminum accents (pedals, shifter ball, shifter ring, door lock soldiers, sill plates (that say Bullitt), uniquely stitched charcoal leather seats, serialized special edition identification. Overall, the package was a $3,700 addition to the standard GT (most were sold at a premium over MSRP). There was only one option, the Mach 460 sound system with 6 CD changer (which mine has).

My Bullitt is number 4026 and has 41,000 miles. I am the second owner. The original owner bought it in western NC and had it serviced entirely at the dealer with all records. It has been garaged its entire life. I am a Professor in Eastern North Carolina and keep the car garaged driving it once or twice a week. The paint is immaculate and absent of dings and scratches. The car is basically stock with performance modifications limited to a Hurst Pro-billet Plus shifter mechanism, a hurst shifter stalk and classic musclecar white shifter ball (the original shifter stalk and brushed alumininum ball will be provided to the new owner). Cosmetically, the only changes that have been made include tasteful billet aluminum touches on the interior (HVAC controls, wiper stalk, headlight knob & radio knob). Modifications to the exterior are limited to a chin spoiler from the Mach 1 edition of the Mustang and brushed aluminum bumper inserts on the rear bumper. The interior is immaculate with no rips or tears or obvious signs of wear. I do not eat or drink in the car and it is a non-smoker of a car. The car is tight with no squeaks or rattles and runs like new. It gets only synthetic oil and 93 octane Amoco fuel. Though I have ran the car at WOT a handful of times, I usually shift at around 2000 to 2500 rpms in all gears. Just listening to her unique grumble is enough for me.

I looked all over the country for this car and saw cars with far less mileage that weren't in half as good of shape. If I told you that it had only 10,000 miles on it, you would believe it in a heart beat. I love this car and hate to get rid of it. The wife is just not amenable to getting a third car for no more miles than I drive and the Mustang just isn't comfortable for my 7 year old daughter and newborn boy.

Contact me via e-mail and I'll entertain all reasonable trade proposals (Marauder for Bullitt ... not interested in other vehicles or trade property). I am partial to silver Marauders, but also like the other colors. Lower mileage is more appealing for obvious reasons. Not interested in highly modified (i.e. supercharged) Marauders though have no problem with most bolt ons (e.g., gears, CAI, exhausts, etc.).

Pictures of my Stang follow (and they don't do the car justice)-More higher resolution images are available via e-mail:

Last edited by MM03MOK; 05-10-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Fixed wide pics.

I might be interested....I've always wanted a Bullitt. I can't see the pics since I'm at work. Could you email them to me? raudermasterdohc@gmail.com
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

Man that is a nice car!! If I was stock, I'd be considering....
    Last edited by MM03MOK; 05-10-2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Deleted quote because of sizing.

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

I'm surprised...

An 11 second supercharged Marauder? Dude that is radical! And silver!! That would be tempting if it were low mileage. I'd just have to convince my wife that it came from the factory that radical.

If you want a little info on my car, it only has 23k miles on it, and the previous owner were a mid 50's couple that I know here in my town and cared for it very well. All I have on the car right now is a JLT intake, Xcal2, mufflers/non resonated tips. It's in immaculate condition.
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold

Tell me more...

Quote Originally Posted by Raudermaster View Post
    If you want a little info on my car, it only has 23k miles on it, and the previous owner were a mid 50's couple that I know here in my town and cared for it very well. All I have on the car right now is a JLT intake, Xcal2, mufflers/non resonated tips. It's in immaculate condition.
    What is Xcal2? Is that an X pipe? (I need to be able to pass NC emissions). How's the paint? Dents ... scratches?? Pictures? (BTW - Sent you an e-mail with more pictures of the Bullitt).

What is an "03A"?

Xcal2 is a tune. That's all. The paint is good, I use nothing but Zaino/Mother's/Meguiar's. No dents, or scratches. I'll e-mail you some pictures.
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold

The '03 stands for 2003, A stands for the first version of the Marauder. The A's are different from the B's. The A's have a full size spare, map pockets, dash clock, locking fuel door. (Am I forgetting anything guys?)
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    (I need to be able to pass NC emissions)
    Where in NC are you located? I'm in the Triangle area.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Where in NC are you located? I'm in the Triangle area.
    I'm in Greenville, about an hour from the Triangle.

Don't forget

The '03 stands for 2003, A stands for the first version of the Marauder. The A's are different from the B's. The A's have a full size spare, map pockets, dash clock, locking fuel door. (Am I forgetting anything guys?)
    Don't forget the CD player.
    sleeper

A little FYI for those interested ...

I am not in a big hurry on this one. So we can discuss how this would occur. Everything is subject to the wife's approval (sorry guys). I've never swapped cars before, but I thought it made sense to go through an enthusiast site (with the theory that people who post here care more about their cars) than go directly to a dealer.

Well, count me as #1. I gotta talk it over with my father and see if he approves, as he loves the MM just as much as I do. Did you get my last email?
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold

Well, count me as #1. I gotta talk it over with my father and see if he approves, as he loves the MM just as much as I do. Did you get my last email?
    Yep. Sure did. Replied to it. Unless a silver one with less than 30,000 shows up to the party, you have first dibs. I won't work any deals without letting you know first.

Will do thanks. You have mail again.
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information