Thread: Is crank a six or eight bolt

Is crank a six or eight bolt

Does anyone know if the crank that came in the Marauder is a six or eight bolt crank?

I was wonde3ring whether the cranks were forged or not, and if they were 8 bolts. I saw a picture of the crank, and to me looked like 6 bolt.... any idea?
    2 shoes and a nice pair of comfy socks

update

Looks like the Marauder motor may not have a stock cobra forged crank (which are 8 bolt). That's what I am hearing from my sources. I think this means that when you go to a forged shortblock you will need a 800 crank.... I wonder if the Mark VIII has a forged 8 bolt crank (Dennis?)

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    what are you planning?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

The Cobra, Mach 1 with manual trans, and trucks are the only forged cranks with 8 bolt flywheels.

Marauder has a cast 6 bolt crank as does MK VIII and Continental.

There is another thread on this subject:

Cast or Steel?
    Last edited by modular46; 06-30-2003 at 07:22 PM.
    Dave (1stMMGTCC)
    Dayton Ohio -- BIRTHPLACE of Aviation, the Automotive Self Starter, Cash Register and the highest per capita number of patents in the USA and home of the first MM with GT Coil Covers

thanks

Thanks I didn't see the other thread, the stangparts pic is what made me wonder. I was looking to do a 4V conversion in my mustang, ang thought the marauder motor would be a good place to start, although if you add a forged crank (575 from Kar Kraft) it started to equal a new 4V motor (OK not quite).

I don't think the crank is the weak leak in the modular set up, so it may nit be an issue, at least it wasn't in my old car (Sarge's new car).

Again thanks
    Last edited by mensrea; 07-01-2003 at 09:21 AM.

Thread Information