Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy............

Trilogy............

To Jerry and others, you now have many interested in your supercharger including myself. Instead of us calling you everyday asking when it will be ready for sale, I ask that you keep us updated, even the smallest detail. We'd like to feel 'in tune' with Trilogy and the supercharger before its release. Any 411 will be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

To all on the forum..........

Please back me up with this request. The only way to show interest is in NUMBERS!

Menace Guest
    ^^^^^YA, WHAT HE SAID^^^^^

I GOT YOUR BACK-ZACK

roots charger

Well they should know by know we have the interest, but I have a hard time chasing someone to give them my money. I'll give them the money but ill be damned if I have to run them down to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trilogy Response to a lot of questions

O.K. you guys. It takes a lot of time to answer all of the questions all of you have. I came back to work last night at 9:00PM, after spending my entire day in Jury duty, to address questions about the Open House and had some computer technical difficulties. I want to be as responsive as I can. So here goes:

KIT AVAILABILITY :

Right now are starting to get parts for the kits. We THINK that we will have kits assembled by the end of July. We are working our butts off to get our suppliers to meet our deadlines. But, you should also know some of the details. We have made some technical changes to improve the design and engineering of the components. We have also asked the suppliers to anodize or powder coat all components so they look like new, for a long time!
    I am a Hot Rodder and there is nothing I hate more then buying something that tarnishes in a couple of weeks. I want my cars to looks great for years with simple cleaning. Its a little thing, but I am pretty picky!

We are working with suppliers from the U.S. (including Ford), Brazil and China. We would like to have all of the components made in the U.S., I am a patriot too, but the cost would drvie you folkjs away and we would never hit our $5,000 kit price target. We have received some samples yesterday and they looked great, but we have others to test and inspect.

FORD's INVOLVEMENT :

Ford is our largest customer for engineering services. We know their operations well. We have many supporters inside of Ford, but this is not a Ford Project, this is a Trilogy Motorsports Projects and we will run it our way. We have recently been asked to ask to bring our car to the 2003 SEMA Show and be at the Lincoln/Mercury Display. They have looked at some of our sketches for body changes to the front fascia and want to include them on the SEMA car. We are waiting to hear back from Ford about next steps on body changes. We considered that a very positive sign from Ford. They asked us, we did not ask them.

Ford Racing recently approached us to offer our kit in their Racing Catalog. So we had several discussions and it looks like that might happen later this year. But, we are finalizing the deal right now. If that happens, and I say "IF", then you could purchase the kit directly from Trilogy Motorsports or through a Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealer. We still need to sign the agreement. It would be branded Ford Racing/Trilogy Motorsports if you bought it through a dealer and just Trilogy Motorsports if you bought it through us. The price would be the same. I have been working with a great bunch of people at Ford Racing and we think it would be a win for both of our companies. But, regardless of what happens with Ford, our plans will remain the same. Remember, they asked us, we did not ask them.

YOUR MONEY :

I do not want anyone's money until we have a kit to ship. We have made all of the investment in this project and not used anyone elses money. That is not the way we do business. I had a conversation a year ago with Vic Edelbrock about this project and Vic asked "Do you need me(Vic) to invest in this project?" my answer was no. When we have something to show you, I will give you a call.

That is why I am not taking deposits, which many people have offered. I don't want your money until I have something to sent you. I am just as impatient about this project as all of you, but I will not sacrifice quality for profit. Let's all be patient. I can say that since I already have this supoercharger on my car and I am loving it(smile)!

THE OPEN HOUSE :

We had a great time. Did I ever mention I love doing burn outs!!! Especially in front of prospective customers. It was fun, there was a ton of great information that was exchanged. Steve Babcock was here all day and really gave everyone an understanding of his struggle inside a big company to get this idea to market. He was fantastic! And if you ever want to send Steve a note his email address is sbabcock@ford.com. He is going to shoot me for giving that out. I have a lot of questions that need to be addressed about comments from the Open House but I will respond to "Billatpro's" email. It going to be very long and have to address many questions. So I will do it in another email later tonight after I have had something to eat.

I will say that we are already planning on doing another Open House in October to give those that could not make a chance to come in and meet us and drive the car, look at the parts, have a hot dog, etc. When we finalize the date I will send out a note to everyone.

Some people made a comment about the turn out at our Open House. I was puzzled by the comment that 60 people RSVP and 20 showed up. We don't know why. We bought plenty of hotdogs and pop, had plenty of staff on hand to address questions, allowed ample parking, etc. But, we did get 60 people saying they were coming, but it was a big Hot Rod weekend with St. Ignace and the Down River Dream Cruise. Who know? We did get several emails Monday morning expressing their regret for having other commitments and not be able to attend. It happens, that is why we will have another Open House in October.

Just a comment, we are car enthusiast also. We are not here to just sell superchargers, we enjoy cruising, exchanging ideas, just general BSing , etc. It was great meeting everyone. Let me say that I am a member of Harley Owners Group(HOG), SCCA, Viper Owners, Good Guys, Ducati Club, Jaguars Club of America, etc.
    I LOVE THIS STUFF!

We offered to help establish the Michigan Mercury Marauders Club and everyone, the 20 that were there, said they wanted to participate also, so stay tuned. We are contacting some real Marauder owners to run this with our support and assistance. There were guys from Illinios, Indiana and Ohio present and they asked if we could have a Mid-Western Mercury Marauder Owners Club. I don't have a problem with that. What does everyone else think?

O.K., its 9:00PM, I am hungry, its late and I will pick up this Q & A at home once I have had something to eat and rested for a minute.

So remember, hang on to your money, be patient, keep writing.

I used to work with Bob Lutz at Chrysler and he once told me, "you can never have too much money in the bank and too much horsepower in your car!" Sounds good to me!

Talk to you soon.

EXCELLENT!! appreciate the informative post

Jerry - Spoken like a true gentleman. Thanks
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Mad4Macs Guest
    It's nearly 9:30. You'll have to learn to eat "boot camp style", 'cause there's a LOT of us who aren't sleeping until we hear the rest of this saga J/K!!!
    Seriously though, this is some of the coolest news I've heard in a LOOONG time, and I'm beginning to drool on my valve covers.
    It ain't pretty....

Excellent..

Well so far I'm pleased. If Jerry lives up to his words he will make a lot of people happy. The power gain of this kit at the advertised price will revolutionize the way people look at muscle sedans. Gentleman and jrzygirl, we are riding a new wave into the future of American Muscle. A road we can fearlessly travel, a road where intimidation from F-bodys, Cobras and Vettes is non-existing. This might evolve into a love poem, so I will stop here.
    This car kicks AZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menace Guest
    Thanks Jerry, any chance of bringing the Trilogy car to FFW at Epping, NH on Aug. 16&17 ?

More Trilogy answers to a lot of questions

O.K., I'm home now. I am eating my dinner while I write this note. A funning thing happened on the way home. It's a beautiful night in Detroit and I was listening to the Rolling Stones playing "Start Me Up" and what do I see in front of me, an Impala SS. I love Impala SS's in a strange sort of way. They all know that stock Marauder's aren't as fast as they are.

Well, there is a lot of traffic and he gets way ahead of me. I get around the traffic and I let the whine begin, if you know what I mean! I noticed no Drvie Shaft wabble at 130 catching this guy.
    And then more traffic, he alluded me! Crap!

Let me share some other adventures in a Supercharged Marauder :

A couple of weeks ago I was coming home from work on a Saturday. I-275 to M5 in Novi, Michigan. A young gentleman pulls up next to me in a Mustang GT, 4 speed and proceeds to go from one side of the car, then the other. Checking it out. License plate was from Texas. We stop at a light and he is two lanes over and gives me the thumbs up. I return the gesture. I cannot manage to get next to him by the next light, but I get behind him. The lights changes and he goes for broke. I let him get about 50 yards in front of me and then I let that sinister whine begin. We get to about 80 mph and I start the rapid process of reeling him in. Somewhere around 110, I blow by him like he is a spectator. At the next light, he pulls up next to me with his window down and shouts 3 times "That's a Monster M%ther
    F#%ker!!!". He was saying, what I was thinking.

Last Saturday night on Woodward Ave. around Lone Pine Rd. I spotted another of my favorite Impala SS's. this car was prestine. He was following an older Pontiac. I pull up next to him, we slow down to about 50. He downshifts, I think aren't SS's automatics, and he hits the gas!

Did I mention I love Impala SS's!

I slam the pedal to the carpet, BYE, BYE! He turns into Cranbrook School Grounds and I turn around also. I discover that John Moss from GM Performance was holding a big meeting with some of the most beautiful Chevy's, Pontiac's and some new Cadillac XLR's on display. I stop and the guy in the SS comes over and says that the car he was driving was a Chevy Collectable owned by GM with a Corvette drivetrain and a 6 speed transmission. He said I knew something was up when I heard that whine and you disappeared.

Did I mention that I love Impala SS's!

So I did a little burn out for the Bow Tie crowd. The looks on everyone's faces was worth every penny we paid to develop this project.

I thought since we have been talking about business all night, I would discuss some of my religous experiences in my Supercharged Marauder. Keep the faith brothers and sisters!!! And go to services regularly.

August 16 & 17

Originally posted by Menace
    Thanks Jerry, any chance of bringing the Trilogy car to FFW at Epping, NH on Aug. 16&17 ?
    I would love to come along, but I will be at the Woodward Dream Cruise during that time. If you can make it to Michigan I would like to get together and let you drive the car. The Dream Cruise is great and I know you would have a good time. I may have the second car completed by then. Give it some thought. I'll buy lunch!

Something else from Trilogy

Lidio and me are planning on being in Norwalk, Ohio a week from this weekend for Ford Fun Days at the Dragstrip. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood please stop by. Lidio is bringing his Mustang and I will bring the Marauder.

Dang, dang, dang...I WANT A SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!

Ques. for Jerry

Jerry, can you please explain to us how you intend to supply replacement parts should they need replacing. Where will we order them from? Will the parts be on hand or need to be custom made. Do you intend on making say 20 kits at a time or manufacture them on a customer order basis? If for some reason your company goes under, will parts be available from someone else. (Im not implying anything, just covering all the bases) If we have questions during the install (for the do-it ourselfers) will a qualified technician that actually installed one himself be at the ready to answer our questions?
    I think you get my drift. Please provide the prospective buyers out here with answers to these questions and any other info we could use. Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information