Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Law Enforcement Package with 302HP engine next year?

Question Law Enforcement Package with 302HP engine next year?

Small town USA so my cousin is the Sheriff in our county...His son is the head deputy and he loves my MM (die hard Chevy guy BTW) was talking to my son and says OBTW he was up for a new car this year but decided to wait after discovering that the LE package has the same engine as the MM next year...has any of our friendly LE buds on this site heard this??? If it has been addressed already (which I have not seen) let this thread die but very interesting...Sarge in a mock MM at work and play...way cool dude...
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    not for 2004, unless it comes later.

A DOHC4.6 Police Interceptor was at the 2003 MSP tests as an experimental car.

I posted a related article on it here a while back. must still be here, but I can't find it right now
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

I heard the nevada highway patrol was considering the high performance version of the police package crown vic for 04. But the higher ups told the troopers they did not need a police car with 300 h.p.

As for confirming anything, that is just a rumor. I havent heard anything in my dept. All i know is the new 03's we got have that lame "street appeareance package" on them.

We have nicknamed the new cars' "pimpmobiles".

So, cant confirm the rumor, i have just heard ramblings.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    The 04s do use the Marauder airbox and MAF, and are rated at 250 hp 287lbft torque. they are also available with a 3.55:1 rear ratio
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

I read the same as RC... we just drew up an order for 12 new cars, 7 marked, 2 stealth (no roof lights), 2 K9, and 1 unmarked. All will have the 3.55 traclok option.

BTW, I met up with a co-worker at about 3am last night one of our major business highways (completely empty, no cars ANYWHERE). We ran from light to light about five times and I spanked his a$$ hard. By the time I'd hit 85 I already had 3 car lengths on him... and he was in our quickest car (no equipment, lightweight). Afterwards, he couldn't stop smiling and raving about the 1-2 bark frommt he rear tires. He said he could hear it clear as day above both of our high revving motors.
    Last edited by Constable; 07-04-2003 at 11:27 AM.
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Originally posted by RCSignals
    The 04s do use the Marauder airbox and MAF, and are rated at 250 hp 287lbft torque. they are also available with a 3.55:1 rear ratio
    What...No K&N?

Originally posted by SergntMac
    What...No K&N?
    Real funny Mac.

I'm sure the local governments wouldn't have any problem spending the tax dollars to put them in after-market though.

And...to get the extra 10hp...

In all honesty, alot of my county's sheriff's cars have been outfitted with "Iceman" intakes. The guys in motorpool drew up some dimensions & designs and had a whole bunch of them made up to slap on the Sheriffs Dept. CVPI's. I was suprised to hear that... and even more suprised when I saw it sitting under the hood!
    '03 300b - all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '93 Mustang Notch - restored w/ all the bolt-ons (SOLD)
    '97 F350 Powerstroke 5 spd, 4" straight pipe, 5" stacks, Rockford system, 35" tires...(SOLD)
    '95 Lightning - bolt-ons and susp (Totalled)
    '93 Stang Notch - full resto with autocross susp (SOLD)
    '01 Lightning - 3"/4" drop and full bolt-ons... FAST.

Marauder57 Guest
    Originally posted by TAF
    Real funny Mac.

I'm sure the local governments wouldn't have any problem spending the tax dollars to put them in after-market though.

And...to get the extra 10hp...
    TAF....quite goofing around...you know K&N gets you 30HP....I know I have one and tested in on my Lego Dyno Kit.....

Originally posted by RCSignals
    where did you see/hear/read that?
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

The 2004 CVPI order guide.
    It only applies to the Police Interceptors, not the regular Crown Victoria line
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by SergntMac
    What...No K&N?
    Sorry Mac. We really don't want Police driving too fast now do we

link please
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

Originally posted by TAF
    Real funny Mac. I'm sure the local governments wouldn't have any problem spending the tax dollars to put them in after-market though. And...to get the extra 10hp...
    Wouldn't that be the day! *****, I can even get pencils and copy paper from Equipment and Supply. When I order pencils, I get pens. I ordered copy paper last week (not supposed to say Xerox) I get carbon paper. CARBON PAPER! WTF! I got a hundred computers with laserjet printers, and five Xerox copy centers on the floor, not one ******ing typewriter, and I get carbon paper! Who's working down there, Don Rickles?

Yeah, I can see this department ordering K&N filters alright, Motor Maintenence would probably end up with a case of A&W Root Beer decals

But the cars would be just as fast with them on it, as it would be with the K&N filter.

Ya know, TAF, for a guy who doesn't want to open the topic again...

Maintenence would probably end up with a case of A&W Root Beer decals
    I've heard Peter Pan smooth peanut butter lids work better
    Member Number 32

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information