Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-point, 5-point seat belt harness?

4-point, 5-point seat belt harness?

A little out of the box thinking for me and my Marauder. With the next Driving School scheduled for July I am thinking that a 4-point harness would be a lot better than the stock lap/shoulder belt to keeping my butt planted in the seat.

Any leads on what would work on our cars without a roll bar or hacking up the interior?

Thanks in advance,
    jeremy

No clue Jeremy with our cars, not sure if a harness would fit. My friend has 5 point Simpson harnesses in his '00 Subie RS. Those freakin' things keep you planted through the worst of turns. I'm not quite sure how he got his to fit though with his stock seats. I bet it could be done with ours, but I don't know how.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

That's an interesting proposition. I believe it would be possible if cost is not an issue. Reason being that for a four point or five point (submarine belt) harness you need to go through the seat and mount the shoulder harness to a bar that runs about shoulder level behind the seat. It is strongly advised to NOT mount the shoulder harness to the floor or OVER the back of the seat... that would be dangerous. The lap belts also are recommended to go through the seat. Moreover, it is NOT recommended to mount the harness to the floor, as it may rip out. It is advised to mount the harness to the frame via an extension base that is mounted to the frame. As you well know, our seats have a hole on the inside where the seat belt comes through but not on the outside. You would need to customize the seats to allow the harness to pass through the seat for both shoulders and the outside lap. I would imagine that costs $$$. The only option I see is to use a racing type seat to accomodate the harness and mount a harness bar behind the seats...But now you would eliminate the (power) seat controls, and, of coarse change the look. Hope this helps ...ALOHA

'03 A Build Date 8/02
    F.I.T. #6 ***RESURRECTED***
    *444 RWHP / 401 RWTQ
    *10 lbs. Boost
    *P1SC1 ProCharger
    *SCT Tuned *SCT Big Air 2400 MAF *BAP *GT 40 Fuel Pump *Modified FPDM *SSW Headers *MMX Drive Shaft *Metco Drive Shaft Loop *Metco Control Arms *T/A Stud Girdle w/ Diff Cover *Addco Sway Bars 3,500 Stall B/C Auto. Torque Converter *J-Mod *Wilwood 13" Big Brake Kit *Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors (Rear) *Widened Rims w/ 295 Nitto 555 *Autometer Wide Band A/F

When I turn on my car...It returns the favor

I think for crash worthiness, LocalBoy is right. However, for butt plantage, I have seen several harnesses designed to go over the seat shoulder and mount to the floor. I believe a 4-point mounted to the rear seat bolts would provide butt plantage, but should be used IN ADDITION to the regulat lap/shoulder belt for crash worthiness.

I posted a link to one some time back. I'll look around.
    Magindat: (majin-dat) Imagine That.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Lemonade - living with Fruit Punch - in Blackmobile's Garage...
    FIT Procharger Kit #31 - 3.7 pulley - 9 PSI
    World's first BLOW THRU ProCharged Marauder - Reinhart Tuned

boi

Cheer ya go, jeremy. read up. I think one of these will do ya.

Perhaps the ASM 3. Pull up the back seat bottom and bolt the extension strap to one of the seat belt bolts for the back seat?

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/s...t-legal/rallye

http://www.schrothracing.com/products/streetlegal

Good luck!
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

boi

This may sound a little silly, but could you attach the belt that Rich linked to your child safety thingy in the back. I tried downloading the instructions, but I could not open them.
    2003 300A Black MM
    3.73's, 3500 PI, T64e at 9.5 PSI
    Belts are for washing machines.
    Theme song (s) : Back in Black & Thunderstruck!!

Ride it like a Ford.!!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I'm not a gynecologist....but I'll take a look at it.

The web site that Magindat refered to advises NOT to use the child saftey latch to connect the harness...ALOHA

'03 A Build Date 8/02
    F.I.T. #6 ***RESURRECTED***
    *444 RWHP / 401 RWTQ
    *10 lbs. Boost
    *P1SC1 ProCharger
    *SCT Tuned *SCT Big Air 2400 MAF *BAP *GT 40 Fuel Pump *Modified FPDM *SSW Headers *MMX Drive Shaft *Metco Drive Shaft Loop *Metco Control Arms *T/A Stud Girdle w/ Diff Cover *Addco Sway Bars 3,500 Stall B/C Auto. Torque Converter *J-Mod *Wilwood 13" Big Brake Kit *Brembo Drilled/Slotted Rotors (Rear) *Widened Rims w/ 295 Nitto 555 *Autometer Wide Band A/F

When I turn on my car...It returns the favor

Yeah, I learned some things about harnesses from that site. Mostly that other than factory attachment point can rip out of the sheet steel.

Jay, they say attach to the factory seat belt bolts in the back seat. Looks pretty easy and the tail piece could be tucked under the back seat when not in use.

It looks like for us, we'd put a side piece over the factory attachment on the inside. We'd put the other on the lower bolt on the outside. We'd put a tail piece to the passenger side lower bolt (which also hold the back seat). And in the case of the 4way another tail piece on the bolt for the latch for the left seat.

Looks like after install, the seat bottom can stay in the car.

This is now on my list.
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

boi

Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    This may sound a little silly, but could you attach the belt that Rich linked to your child safety thingy in the back. I tried downloading the instructions, but I could not open them.
    Go to the mfg's web site. The link on that motorsport reseller site doesn't work.http://www.schrothracing.com/products/streetlegal
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO

boi

Hey Gang;

I emailed soloracer regarding the Schroth products and they said there is not a belt system suitable for the Marauder. They suggested this

http://soloracerdotcom.stores.yahoo.net/cglock.html

based upon my desired to "keep the butt planted during occasional driving schools".

I think this is one of those areas were a poorly fitted or incorrectly designed system is worse than the stock system.

jeremy

Instead of a new seat belt, have you considered having a "pad" made to hold you more securely into the stock seat?? I know there is not much side support in the MM's stock seats.... especially for a wee man, such as yourself.

KillJoy

You can try a C-G Lock. It's a little device that attaches to the seabelt clip that cinches down the belt and locks it tight. It's a cheap and quick solution. It only costs about $40.
    2001 Grand Marquis w/HPP
    BC4E Dead Pedal - Ford Billet Fuel Door - Mufflex custom 2.5" Manifold-back exhaust w/X-Pipe - Meg's 4" Marauder Tips - Metco Rear Control Arms & Watts Link - Reinhart Fuel Filter Mod - Quickor Swaybars - PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft - Dyno Pro Panther Door Sills - BF Goodrich KDW-2 245/40/19 Fronts & 285/35/19 Rears - H&R Spacers 30mm & 35MM - HP Design EVO 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 Wheels - Zexel Torsen T2-R Differential - Ford 3.73 Gears - DG Motorsports Radiator Cover - PSP tuned Excal 2 - Ford Silicone Coolant Hoses - QA1 Dual Adjustable Shocks - Car Motorsports Panther Logo UH & TL Liners - TA Performance Differential Cover - Magnaflow Cats & Mufflers - Accufab 75mm Plenum & Throttle Body - 1" Throttle Body & 1/2" Intake Spacers - AP Racing 6 Piston/13.5" Rotors Front Brake Kit - 4" CAI - Typhoon Intake Manifold - EMP Stewart Water Pump
    SuperMotors Page
    CJMF
    MotorSports North East
    15.195 @ 89.79 - 2.207 60' - 4458 lbs.

You guys should ask MARTYO what he did to his Marauder interior...
    Pete...

2k04 BLACK Mercury Marauder 300A #810 of 3223
    DOB 10/31/2003
    DOP 1/2/2004
    2k19 AGATE FORD Edge ST with Performance Brakes
    DOB 12/11/2018
    DOP 6/19/2019

Water Wetter, K&N AirCharger/Drycharger, SS Inserts,
    SilverStar 9007SU, WeatherTech WeatherFlectors, Steering Wheel Badge,
    AutoMeter Gauges (Oil Press, Voltmeter, and Trans Oil Temp),
    ASC 840 VSS Sunroof, Kenwood KFC-C6879ie x4, COBRA Fender Badges,
    Z&M Rear Control Arms, FORD GT Coil Covers,
    Gorilla Lock Lugs all around, Decklid Designs Trunk Lid Liner,
    SCT Xcalibrator2 (Innovative Interceptors) w/Lidio's (Alternative Automotive) Marauder 3.55 tuning,
    4R75W by Fred Brown's Performance Transmission, tuned to match Lidio's tune,
    DG Motorsports Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover, Zack's Badgeless Grille,
    Accel 140034-8 Coil Packs, Granatelli Motorsports Coil-On-Plug wires
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice,
    I will fear no turbo for displacement is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by MENINBLK View Post
    You guys should ask MARTYO what he did to his Marauder interior...
    Yeah but he had a roll cage and cut his seats for his harness.
    2001 Grand Marquis w/HPP
    BC4E Dead Pedal - Ford Billet Fuel Door - Mufflex custom 2.5" Manifold-back exhaust w/X-Pipe - Meg's 4" Marauder Tips - Metco Rear Control Arms & Watts Link - Reinhart Fuel Filter Mod - Quickor Swaybars - PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft - Dyno Pro Panther Door Sills - BF Goodrich KDW-2 245/40/19 Fronts & 285/35/19 Rears - H&R Spacers 30mm & 35MM - HP Design EVO 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 Wheels - Zexel Torsen T2-R Differential - Ford 3.73 Gears - DG Motorsports Radiator Cover - PSP tuned Excal 2 - Ford Silicone Coolant Hoses - QA1 Dual Adjustable Shocks - Car Motorsports Panther Logo UH & TL Liners - TA Performance Differential Cover - Magnaflow Cats & Mufflers - Accufab 75mm Plenum & Throttle Body - 1" Throttle Body & 1/2" Intake Spacers - AP Racing 6 Piston/13.5" Rotors Front Brake Kit - 4" CAI - Typhoon Intake Manifold - EMP Stewart Water Pump
    SuperMotors Page
    CJMF
    MotorSports North East
    15.195 @ 89.79 - 2.207 60' - 4458 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BK_GrandMarquis View Post
    Yeah but he had a roll cage and cut his seats for his harness.
    From Marty's website

That is the way to go, but I do not want to add a roll bar and cut my seats.

jeremy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information