Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A 2003 300a With Traction control????

A 2003 300a With Traction control????

I didn't think they made these?!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercu...33825016QQrdZ1

It can't be a true 300A with TC. The button is there in the pics. It has to be one of the transition models. Someone should run the VIN and get the build date.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Yea, it has to be one of the "Fluke" MM's. Unless maybe he broke that piece, and had to get one from a junkyard and it had the T/C button in it?
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

It is one of the "pre-decontented" 300Bs.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Could it be a Canadian car that made it's way here? Weren't all 2003 Canadian market Marauders essentially US 300Bs but designated 300A's?

More likely it's a first series 300B pre decontent
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSignals View Post
    Could it be a Canadian car that made it's way here? Weren't all 2003 Canadian market Marauders essentially US 300Bs but designated 300A's?

More likely it's a first series 300B pre decontent
    That's what I'm thinking. Any of our Canadian brethern care to chime in?

SCCH

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

It's possible

It could have had the TC installed. I did on mine which has a built date of August 2002 (300A). The wiring is prexisting and the TC light is already on the display console. All you need to add is the TC/ABS module (replacing the ABS module) and the dash trim with the TC button and you're good to go.
    Without Change, There can be no Victory.

I believe all Canadian market cars had TC.

The 300B's didn't have the gas cap button and the front seat pockets and other things like the 03 with TC, I looked at before getting my DTR.

A carfax would tell you.

Remember that the 300B or Job2 as Ford would call it, was literally only the exchange of the full size spare for the traction control... All of the decontenting was Panther wide (all GMs, and CVs) and was applied as supplies ran out...It is unfortunate that this all happened seemingly from A to B, but in reality it was not the case..The VIN of this car would indicate that it is a B, and probably early enough so that most of the decontenting was not done as yet...

It's a 300B, built 11/11/02. I believe our friend Logan was the high bidder.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Looks like 'bidder 9' and 'bidder 13' were either shills, or hadn't bid on eBay in over 30 days.
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    It's a 300B, built 11/11/02. I believe our friend Logan was the high bidder.
    Yes, because that buyer buys Trixie Beldon books, and sold this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3D50%26fvi%3D1

Nice buy on the Marauder. Way to go Logan!
    Member Number 32

Thanks... Single owner, 63 yr old gent, pristine condition inside and out. I'll be in Indy next Friday picking it up. Then the fun starts... for the third time.

PS - My wife made me buy those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Thanks... Single owner, 63 yr old gent, pristine condition inside and out. I'll be in Indy next Friday picking it up. Then the fun starts... for the third time.
    Hopefully you'll keep this one awhile The pre-decontented 300Bs are pretty rare, and just what the Marauder was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    PS - My wife made me buy those books.
    OK
    Member Number 32

I have one just like it

My 300B was built 11/14/02 and has seat pockets, gas cap release, "A" windshield, clock in panel, traction control and a small tire--there were somewhere around 10 of these transition models--Marty has one, I know. My window sticker shows traction control as Standard Equipment---not a part of the 300B package. Now has over 80,000 miles on it and can still pull under 15 sec at 96+ mp ----stock w/ DR chip flash. Yes , they did make some of these, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information