Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MV 5 Report

MV 5 Report

I got a phone call from Redster (Rod) this afternoon. Seems that a group of Marauders made quite an impression when they visited D. C. I'll let him fill you in on the details. They seem to be having a blast. They won't be flying home til Wednesday--doing some visiting. Some bad news---Pat had to return home early when Patricia became ill--they should be home tomorrow---keep them in your prayers for a quick recovery for Patricia and a safe journey home. There will be plenty of pics and videos posted as soon as everyone gets home---we will just have to be patient.. If you haven't attended a Marauderville-you have missed a great time with great people. Let's hope we can all make MV 6. Stay cool !!!!, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Smile Left Early....Left Late

Hi Ho fellow NTM members;

As Maury posted Patricia and I had to leave early, she had a bad episode with her gall bladder. Diet related. She will see the doctor Monday. I told her next year she will have to bring her own feed bag.

James79stang and I convoyed up to Maryland is fine shape. Stayed overnight in Knoxville. Weather was hot and dry.

The event was well organized and carried out, the two big highlights, until we left, were the car show/picnic at the park and the drag racing event.

Food was "oh, so good". Mary, MM03MOK, had her hands in everything, err.. let me rephrase that, she helped out in all areas of the food preparation.

There were 31 cars by my count, could have been more as the event unfolded. DTR's, Blue's, SB's and that other color.

The "left late" in the subject line refers to me sitting at the starting line thinking the other car had red lighted when in fact he was handicapped to leave earlier than me. First round too. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.

However, all was not lost, in the grudge matches I was better on the tree and the car was a beast. Cut a 13.5 @ 102 MPH. My nitrous system was spot on. Temps were hot, mid ninety's with humidity to boot.

James79stand was a winner. He took home a couple of trophies. Let him tell you. He's a terror off the tree. .0XX times, every time.

We drove home straight through, 1200 miles in 18 hours. Patricia was able to help drive and we spelled each other every two hours.

We had a wonderful time and of course met some old acquaintances and made some new friends. John Kuhn, a supporting vender, is a great guy to know.

We all know Motorhead 350 from his posts but in person he's a fun loving young man, 21, manager at a Resturant with a personality that you gotta love. He brings out the Parental instint in you. (don't be mad Dominic).

I'm waiting on the raffle results with baited breath.

Thanks to the CAM for a fine Marauderville.

Pat
    Last edited by Pat; 08-05-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Mvv

Pat.
    Very glad to see you guys made it home safe and sound. We alll hope Patricia is feeling better and all goes well with the doc. Great showing on the track!

For all... Pat was being modest. He was featured on the local NBC affiliate in Hagerstown letting everyone know about the Marauder Grin. Way to represent!
    Shaun
    2016 Ford Fusion SE Ecoboost - White
    2004 Mercury Marauder - Black - Now with Daughter in Michigan
    2000 Ford F150 Lightning - Red
    2014 Ford F150 FX4 - Ruby Red
    Member Capitol Area Marauders (CAM)

"The customer can have any color he wants.... as long as it's black"
    Henry Ford

DOB: 04/23/04
    #2702 of 3214
    #988 of 1237 Black

Who won?

Can someone post a list of the winners, as I have been searching and do not see it if it is here.

Drag Race Day

How about the Drag Race results?
    former owner - Extreme Procharger Marauder
    2004 Silver Birch - Built 01-08-04 - Pur. 07-03-04
    "Proud Member of Sunshine State Marauder's"

Extreme Procharger Bullitt Completed - still on the hunt for another 04 Marauder to build

Patricia:
    Glad to hear you are feeling better! Good luck at the doctor tomorrow.

Pat: Good to know you guys made that trip home safely. That was an average of 66.66 mph. That ain't too shabby for a 1200 mile trip!
    Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
    Bill
    Haven't had this much fun since my '63 T-Bird!
    Proud Member of Walker Racing
    Black 2003 300B - Adopted 5/20/03-Left home 4/6/04

Silver Birch 2004
    Born 01/07/04-Adopted 04/06/04
    Texas Legal Window Tint
    SS Inserts
    GOD'S HEAD GRILL Badge by Daniel
    GOD'S HEAD REAR Badge by Daniel
    Custom Coil Covers w/Button Caps by Daniel
    Oil, Brake Fluid, Power Steering, and
    Coolant Caps - all by Daniel
    Fender Badges
    K & N FIP Kit
    Pro-Guard
    KDW2 Tires
    Cruzer's Arm Rest
    ScanGaugeII with Upgrade
    SCT Tuner program by D/R

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderTJA View Post
    How about the Drag Race results?
    Tom,

N/A cars took home all the trophies. PA cars didn't even make the final round (no kidding!).

SCCH

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead View Post
    Tom,

N/A cars took home all the trophies. PA cars didn't even make the final round (no kidding!).

SCCH
    that sounds like they were bracket racing
    Pro Charger #25
    Sold 1/7/16

That's right, the N/A cars stole the show. I personally lost my first round with a transmision problem. The OD light flashed on and off and would not shift correctly. I ended up with a painful 14.38 1/4 mile time at 103 MPH. Sherman red lighted in the first round. He had a thing for the red light because he found it 4 out of five times that day. I posted a .009 reaction time that day, but John pasted me with a .005 light. The top E/T and MPH was own by Sherman and Chris is son was a couple of steps behind.

James Brown #140 "Say It Loud" Except in Bristol
    Merc's Garage
    MagnaFuel ProTuner Series 750 MP-1403
    Stainless Steel Works full exhaust
    SCT Advantage III Ford Pro Racer Software
    600.59 rwhp 559.91 Torque @ 20 lbs Boost
    2.3 Whipple Intercooled Supercharger
    BC Automotive Stage4 transmission
    03 Terminator built by Chris Vining

Glad everything is OK

Pat, great to hear you folks made it home O K. Tell Patricia to have the surgery, if all conditions are right---had my gall bladder out at 9 AM Friday---did a couple pulls at the track on Monday nite. I wish I had done it after the first attack--would have saved a lot of pain. Then watch the diet for a while and you'll forget all about your gall bladder. Can't wait to meet with you folks and hear and see all the MV 5 activities. keep us informed, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Home

Well I am home.. left sunday after breakfast.. got home @ 11:30pm monday night... I was one of the the ones giving havock in the drag racing.. both N/A and P/A... I got 2nd in N/A... and 3rd in P/A... i got the longest drive going with including caravaning with Pat.. 1,682miles.. total there around and back was 3,502miles.. will type more soon.. James

Pat, Chris and I will keep Patricia in our prayers. It was good meeting you and glad they showed your 15mins of fame instead of mine.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

James you have my respect for your drag racing reaction times. Thanks for the tips you gave me on the high end as I plan on using them. I had a lot of fun racing you and the others and look forward to racing you guys again. For those of you who were not there it was brutal at the track. Thanks again to everyone who made MMV a sucess!

John
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer View Post
    I got a phone call from Redster (Rod) this afternoon. Seems that a group of Marauders made quite an impression when they visited D. C. I'll let him fill you in on the details. They seem to be having a blast.
    Oooo Brian and I opted not to do the DC tour... wish we had gone now but, I can't wait to hear how people reacted when yall came through there!!

Pat, good to hear you're home again safe and sound. Like Maury said, do the surgery. I gritted it out macho style for a long time and then went with laparoscopy and in 24 hours I was a new person. She deserves better.

Nice run! 13.5 is gettin it done! Congrats!

Barb and I hope to see you both at Chucks yet this year. Can't wait to hear the tales,
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information