Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: zex install?

Talking zex install?

Just what the title says. I just recieved my kit and will install it soon. I am wondering what wire to hook up to for tps sensor. I know its the white wire on the box but dont know which wire on the tps. And I know one of you guys would know. Thanks again. Would love to see some pics of how and where you mounted the stuff under the hood. sabtaj1@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks ahead of time. Jason
    missing my baby!

PM Pat as he is helping me with my install. He is very knowledgeable and helpful.
    '03 A #1801 - Tuned By Outlaw Dyno
    445rwhp/408rwtq - 12.6/110mph
    DR Vortech NOIC #5
    Sold
    '88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, built 8.8"
    '11 F250 Powerstroke - 476hp/1208tq

Smile Zex Install Info

Sabtaj1;

Check Reinhart's Automotive Forum, look for Zex Install thread and there is most of the info you will need. Read all the posts, I put a step by step install procedure in that thread.

The wire you need is the #2 or middle wire on the TPS harness.

I'll post more pictures in the next days, there are some already on the North Texas Marauder photo section.

The installation does not need to be hard if you have settled the issue of where your going to tap off for power (+12V), I used the console cigarette lighter fuse connection in the main fuse box under the dash and I put my arming switch in the dummy button next to the trunk release button in the drivers door panel.

I would like to advise you to buy the Traction Control device from Zex and you will be able to better control when the system fires from a WOT position (some can build their own).

You see, from a standing start, firing the Zex at WOT throttle doesn't account for the engine having to build RPM's and be ready to take this added power.

You first determine, by testing, when your tires hook up and thus set your controller to fire at or above that RPM. Your engine is then ready for the nitrous shot. In my case it was 4K. So that's where I programmed the controller to fire the Zex system, keep in mind you ARE WOT, not just driving around at 4K. The controller is fully progammable to any RPM.

At MV-V My car, without the nitrous, ran a 14.4 ET @ 93 MPH and with the nitrous ran a 13.5 @ 103 MPH on a mid ninty degree day with high humidity.

Good luck, PM me if you have more questions.

Pat
    Last edited by Pat; 08-06-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks, that helps alot. I will be intouch soon! Jason
    missing my baby!

I just finished my Zex dry kit, its the gray wire with white trace (the middle wire). I can't wait to try mine out!
    #1724 of 3214 Built 02/13/2004
    2004 Marauder black/moonroof
    SCT flip chip, 4:10's, lowered, big brake kit
    Kenwood KDC-X790 & 4 Kenwood speakers, 10" Sub
    Addco tube sway bars & performance shocks, Metco's
    Zex dry nitrous kit, Full SW Exhaust Kit, PI 3000 Stall
    5.0L Stroker assembly, Self installed!
    E.T. on drag radial tires: 12.270 @ 111.16 & 1.66 60'
    One off custom Hood all steel too.
    SOON TO BE Vortech supercharged

Ryan Schmuki
    2003 Marauder, black with 4.10s n tune (sold)
    1968 Fairlane 347 built stroker(fast)
    1963 Galaxie 390 auto
    2010 Mercury Milan
    2019 Taurus Limited

Pat also had the power adder car that beat me me at MMV. It was not hard to tell when the juice started flowing. That was a good run Pat and I had fun!
    [SIGPIC]

Well, I mounted the bottle in the trunk today and ran the main nitrous line. I have the kit with the shorter main line. Let me tell you. I am glad I didnt have the kit with the longer line in it. from the trunk I ran it in the frame rail to the front all on the drivers side. I ended up putting more line back into the trunk becouse the line was comming out of the engine bay and over the front bumper. I dont know if its becouse the way I ran it or what but it was not short by any means. I am waiting on the nozzle bung to arrive to mount the nozzle into the intake tube. And I did take your advise and I bought the zex traction control device. I am waiting for that to arrive so I can figure out how everything is supposed to wire up. I am trying to do a really clean install. Nothing worse than seeing a big rats nest of a nitrous kit under a hood. I will keep ya posted. Also, fairlane 347, how is that dry kit workin for ya? Please let me know. Thanks, Jason.
    missing my baby!

Quote Originally Posted by sabtaj1 View Post
    Well, I mounted the bottle in the trunk today and ran the main nitrous line. I have the kit with the shorter main line. Let me tell you. I am glad I didnt have the kit with the longer line in it. from the trunk I ran it in the frame rail to the front all on the drivers side. I ended up putting more line back into the trunk becouse the line was comming out of the engine bay and over the front bumper. I dont know if its becouse the way I ran it or what but it was not short by any means. I am waiting on the nozzle bung to arrive to mount the nozzle into the intake tube. And I did take your advise and I bought the zex traction control device. I am waiting for that to arrive so I can figure out how everything is supposed to wire up. I am trying to do a really clean install. Nothing worse than seeing a big rats nest of a nitrous kit under a hood. I will keep ya posted. Also, fairlane 347, how is that dry kit workin for ya? Please let me know. Thanks, Jason.

Had a flip chip burned by Lidio at Alternative Auto, the car is awsome, blows the tires off if I want. Got 348hp and 482 ft. lbs. on the 125 shot LOVE it. Get a proper tune so it lives forever!
    ps PM me if you want more details.
    Last edited by fairlane347; 08-24-2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: addy
    #1724 of 3214 Built 02/13/2004
    2004 Marauder black/moonroof
    SCT flip chip, 4:10's, lowered, big brake kit
    Kenwood KDC-X790 & 4 Kenwood speakers, 10" Sub
    Addco tube sway bars & performance shocks, Metco's
    Zex dry nitrous kit, Full SW Exhaust Kit, PI 3000 Stall
    5.0L Stroker assembly, Self installed!
    E.T. on drag radial tires: 12.270 @ 111.16 & 1.66 60'
    One off custom Hood all steel too.
    SOON TO BE Vortech supercharged

Ryan Schmuki
    2003 Marauder, black with 4.10s n tune (sold)
    1968 Fairlane 347 built stroker(fast)
    1963 Galaxie 390 auto
    2010 Mercury Milan
    2019 Taurus Limited

Smile

Well, I mounted the bottle in the trunk today and ran the main nitrous line. I have the kit with the shorter main line. Let me tell you. I am glad I didnt have the kit with the longer line in it. from the trunk I ran it in the frame rail to the front all on the drivers side. I ended up putting more line back into the trunk becouse the line was comming out of the engine bay and over the front bumper. Jason.
    Jason, you got a kit with a line for a truck. No sweat I guess. My "long" Line was a perfect length, not 6 inches to spare and I ran it just like you did.

That Zex company is getting too loose.

The short line we speak of is for a Mustang/Camaro/firebird type vehicle.

Oh well, as they say in France "better over than under".

Well, I have installed the nozzle. I made a mounting plate out of aluminum and poilshed it. This instals like toomanyfords mount that he made. This is to mount the zex unit and it sits inbetween the top of fender well and brake master cylinder. Mounts to the exsisting bolts for the cruis control. Looks pretty slick. Thanks for the idea! I am waiting on the traction control to arrive tomarrow so I can try to figure out how everything is to be wired. I am gonna be useing the 125hp jets and dont plan on going over that. as for this is my everyday car. I will keep ya posted on the progress and I will try to put some pics up after all is done.
    missing my baby!

you will love the hit you get ,i put my window switch at 3,000 rpm untill i learned how the car reacted ,then went to 2,600 and it was perfect

Hey super was that with a stock stall? I have the 3500 and not really sure where to start. I would assume higher than 3500 becouse of the stall. Was the TC unit easy to wire up? Also where did you put the TC unit? Thanks!
    missing my baby!

I have posted a pic with the brain box mounted to the polished aluminum bracket that I made. Its in my gallery pics. Sorry its a big picture, dont know how to resize it.
    missing my baby!

I have posted a pic with the brain box mounted to the polished aluminum bracket that I made. Its in my gallery pics. Sorry its a big picture, dont know how to resize it.
    www.picresize.com

cool thank you Zack.
    missing my baby!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information