Thread: Info & Advice needed.

Unhappy Info & Advice needed.

Today, on my way home from work on the Long Island Expressway, I got inot a fender bender. Basically the traffic in front of me stopped and I didn't. I hit a Chrysler 300 Limited. He had hardly any damage some scuffing and a small hole in the bumper cover. I need a new header panel, bumper cover, driver's side cornering light, and a license plate bracket. The grille and hood were spared. By the way, anti lock brakes suck. I should not have hit him, and would not have hit him if I didn't have the anti lock brakes.

Anyway, a good friend of mine owns an autobody shop, and to say he does excellent work is an understatement!

According to his online crash guide, a new bumper cover for my 04 CV Sport is the same price as one for an 04 Marauder, $348. I'm seriously considering the mod just because I'd like to have the fog lights. I think the MM cover will bolt right on. I'll use the CV header panel. The fog lights are $75 per assembly, not sure if that includes the bracket which could be had for $12 each. I don't know if the wiring for the fogs is already on the car, if not that harness is another $70. I was wondering where the switch for the fogs is located.
    Anyone have a nice undamaged bumper cover they'd like to sell?

Thanks, Phil
    My daily driver: '04 DTR Crown Vic Sport !

Wahr wahr My little DTR

I'm gonna turn it on
    Wind it up
    Blow it out
    D T R

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad your ok. I hate the friggin' L.I.E., and yes I agree anti-lock brakes suck when braking on straight and dry road. On wet, snowy roads or when turning they're good

I'm not sure if the header panel from a CV will go along with a Marauder cover. The headlamps are different widths, but I may be wrong. I would recommend to use a Marauder or Grand Marquis header and be sure of perfect fit.

The fog lamp switch is in the headlamp switch, you pull the knob out and to the left to turn on fog lamps. I'll bet you could make it work.
    Good luck and post pics.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Sorry about your incident.

Is his bumper cover price for a Ford part or aftermarket replacement?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

sorry to hear about the accident

You know the engine could have been damaged also, better pull it out and replace with a dohc engine. Better to be safe than sorry

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

Sorry to hear about your accident. Thats the LIE for ya. I think the Marauder bumper conversion would be great but Im not sure on how to make it work. A front bumper cover appears on ebay every so often.

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

RC, that price is for a Genuine Ford part. No Dorkus parts for my car !
    My daily driver: '04 DTR Crown Vic Sport !

Wahr wahr My little DTR

I'm gonna turn it on
    Wind it up
    Blow it out
    D T R

Thread Information