Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update please....

Update please....

To Jerry and others at Trilogy. Many are waiting in anticipation for your kit. Were midway through July now which means we're halfway there to the release? Like I asked before, I want to know when anything (parts, info) has been made available. Please keep us abreast of the situation.

You like that last line, don't ya?

Trilogy Response to Update Question

Hey folks,

The current situation is that we are still anticipating parts to start arriving from all parts of the globe by the last week of July and the first week of August.

Just had a meeting this morning with the Chinese and they are on track for end of July shipment.

Just spoke to the Brazilian suppliers and they are on track for the first week of August.

Just spoke to Eaton about the M112 supercharger and they are on track for the first week of August.

We have had some changes in suppliers due to them being unable to meet our timing. But, we have made some adjustments and we are optimistic that we are getting there!

Remember, if you want to be one of the first guys to get your supercharger, please speak to Lidio, since he will be doing the initial installations as part of our quality check. We are planning for August installations

We are busy working on the next car that Ford wants us to to take to SEMA this year.

We just got back from Fun Ford Days in Norwalk, Ohio and the car ran great. It was my first experience drag racing (legally) and I really enjoyed it! I am now working on the cars next big improvement, the driver's response time to the timing lights! Best time was 13.1 at 105 mph.

The only other Marauder I saw running was a stock Marauder owned by Leonard and raced by his brother John. There were several other Marauders, but they were just unloaded from the trailers and not run? By the way, I really want to thank Tom Kuznicki, Leonard Buell and John Buell for all of the help and support they gave me at the Norwalk event. Without them I would have been really lost.

I will be bringing the car to Columbus, Ohio in two weeks to participate in that event. I hope to see some of you there.

I just spoke to Bob Mathus about the Texas National Meet in September. We are sponsors and are working on getting everyone the T-Shirt for the event. Bob is really working his butt off to get this thing pulled together.

That's my update. I hope everything is going well with everyone!

Talk to you soon!

Jerry

looking97233 Guest
    Chineese???

I know Im a pain in the butt, but what do you know this week? When the last part comes in, will it be as simple as throwing it in the box where the rest of the parts are neatly packaged and tape it up? I hope so. Were all excited and dont want to see extended lengths of corporate hooplah when the parts are ready to go. Let me ask you this... Will I be able to drive to Ennis, Tx with your kit on my car? Answer truthfully please, Im holding you to this one!!!

Update from Jerry

Hey folks,

Here is the latest. We have been receiving parts from the suppliers and they look very good. Most of the parts we have received so far are powder coated black and quality looks excellent. I will send you some pictures of the components next week, but everything is progressing well.

I am continually asked to visit L/M Dealers in the area for demo rides and the raction is always the same.

I went by the Ford R&D Center today with Wayne Moy from Ford Racing to show the car to Ken Noon(?). Ken is responsible for all of the chassis and suspension development for the Panther Platform which includes the Marauder. Ken has asked for our car to be at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Ferndale with the Panther Team. I volunteered our car. Then I got a call from Steve Babcock and Eric Lidieux with Ford Marketing representing the L/M Dealers Association to bring our car to Duggin's at 13 mile and Woodward. I told them that if I could get another car completed by the Dream Cruise I would let them have it. Ford is working on giving us another car for SEMA. We may have it in a week.

Back to the Ford R&D Test Track discussion. I met Ken, who is a 25 year Ford veteran. Wayne Moy ask that I let him drive the car and when he took the car on the Ford Test Track in Dearborn he was pulled over by Test Track Police and they took his Track authorization away from him because he was doing 125 mph on the test oval and they said he was also doing burn outs with our car!!!!! Ken said he had never had his track authorization taken away before. His comment when he returned from the track and got out of the car, "Outstanding!!!". This thing is addictive. I told him, welcome to the junky club.

I am taking the car to Columbus, Ohio this weekend for the Ford Modular Shootout. If anyone is there plase stop by.

That's the update for now. I will send out another update next week.

I showed my slip when you where talking to Jim owner of JDM Performance on the Spectator side Saturday. That was my best time orderd a few parts off of Jim. If my TT setup does not look good then I well keep in contact. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be at National Trails on Sunday.
    Accufab 65mm Throttlebody, 4.10 gears, and JDM Flipchip. Finally here.

In the future: total custom Twin Turbo at 15-18 PSI
    with Intercooler and 2003 Cobra Mustang lower end with Crank,Manley Rods, and 8.5 over1 Pistons.

14.976 @ 94.8 MPH 03 Marauder stock
    13.028 @ 104.6 MPH 02 Lightning JDM Flipchip,4# lower pulley, and Borla Catback. JLP Ramair, Oilbreather, JLP power pipe
    More to come

Jerry...I'd just like to say that whether I ever do business with you, or not...I REALLY appreciate your obvious passion that you share with me for this certain automobile. It's truely apparent that you love this Mercury Marauder as much as the rest of us.

Hey Jerry, you ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait till we get you up to Ubly for a test, tune, and learn session. By the time we're finished with you, you will be cutting double O's, kicking ass and taking names and then, and only then will I be able to RACE MYSELF, ( nudge, nudge ) Hope you had fun at Columbus, talk to you soon. Tom
    Never Rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut !!!!!

Menace Guest
    HELLO...................

Menace's confusion

Hey Menace, Kind of confusing huh?. I will explain if I may. I've been Drag Racing for the better part of 30 years, and, in that I have been pretty successful. I've won 4 or 5 track championships at the now gone Detroit Dragway. I had also set 2 National records when I tried my hand in IHRA pure stock class racing. What I am trying to do is to take Jerry Barnes to the level I had achieved so , ( in effect, I can Race myself. ) He is a very quick learner and very willing to listen, He's a real stand up guy. I just hope he doesn't surpass me, but, maybe I won't tell him eeeeeverything.

First week of August.....???

Menace Guest

First June, then July now August. and if that is bad enough parts from China?!?

I'm sorry but i can't stand it anymore. I'm sure TMS are working as hard as they can - and they are all certainly stand up guys with integretty and professionalism. they have answered each of my person emails in a timely fashion but always with the message just a little longer - another few weeks - just a bit more...

but that isn't putting the SC any closer to my MM. i can't take this torque challenged 4200lb'er the way she is any more. I know the available bolt ons just won't add up to my expectations for performance. (this is not a jab at the folks whom are happy with stage 1+). Having had other SC'ed cars, i know the MM will always "feel" lacking if it doesn't get the SC perfromance. i look forward to my s-trim vortec next week from Dennis. Sorry Trilogy!

MI2QWK4U Guest
    Chuck,
    If you really want the roots style, then give it a week or so. I will be having mine installed the week after the Woodward Dream Cruise, kit should be done before then, I already have my appointment with Lidio set up. Its killing me to drive my stock Marauder after driving the Trilogy car on so many occasions! Personally, I am glad that Trilogy took a little more time to get things right. For example, the powdercoating of brackets and other parts wasn't part of the original plan, but I think most will agree that the effort to get that done will be appreciated by all that get the kit. I will see the kit laid out tomorrow as they do a quality control check on everything. I can't wait...they may have to frisk me on the way out! I think everyone agrees that the Marauder needs the torque right off the line, and in a hurry, and a lot of it. This Eaton delivers this, with eye opening results. So again, you either wait for the perfection of the Eaton roots blower, or settle for whats out there just because its available now, at least thats the way I looked at it...and I am not a patient person! At least I was fortunate enough to put some miles on the Trilogy Marauder over the last few months, and with that experience, I was pretty much sold. I will post tomorrow any new information from Trilogy about the release of the blower.
    Think about it....
    Last edited by MI2QWK4U; 08-05-2003 at 03:05 PM.

Menace Guest

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information