Thread: Ins comany: Marauder not collectible

Ins comany: Marauder not collectible

I sold both my Riviera and my Adam-12 wagon, so I called the insurance company to cancel the policies on them. During the conversation, it came up that I am replacing both those cars with an '07 Mustang, and the lady on the phone offered to quote me on the Mustang. I told her that I didn't realize that her company insured newer cars, only collector cars. She replied that the Mustang (even a new one) is considered a collector car. So while she was figuring up the quote, I asked her about insuring my Marauder as a collector car as well, since I put less than 3000 miles a year on it. She told me that they didn't consider the Marauder a collector car.

So, a car that they built about 11,000 of over a two-year production run is not collectible, but a car that they build 150,000+ of EVERY YEAR is, simply because of the name. Interesting.

Oh, and insuring the Mustang as a collector car would have cost more than the standard insurance that I have on it now.

That there is sofa king we todd it.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    What is the company?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Can't believe and won't believe the Marauder is not a collectors car. Have you tried Grundys. Someone on here has their Marauder under them as a collectors car, (with no mileage restrictions, so I've read).

Lumping the Marauder in with the Grand Marquis just means that we get cheaper insurance. Nothing wrong with that.

My 2004 Subaru L Legacy Sedan Regatta Red insurance was 39% more than my 2004 Mercury Marauder Sedan DTR.

Same insurance same company for the same person.

I get a better safer more expensive car and it costs me 39% less each month.
    Last edited by Aren Jay; 08-18-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Thread Information