Thread: PCM Upgrade????

Question PCM Upgrade????

Took the Rauder in for the cold hesitation and oil change.

When I picked it up they said the ran all diagnostics and nothing shows up, plus I have the latest code. I said how, when my car was built at the end of May and delivered in June (I purchased in Dec). They showed no records of it being upgraded on the VIN number in the system.

Strange part, all the symptoms of hesitation, the lunge/surging or slipping feeling that most of us has complained about, shifting is better and overall driveability is much better. You know at first I thought it was just me, but I just drove almost 500 miles round trip between last night and today and I have not had the surging feeling come back when I take off from a stop.

Very strange. I am going to talk to the guy who did the work and see what procedure he did. Something has changed.

Any Ford technicians out there have any idea?????
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal
    Silencer Removed
    K&N Air Filter
    Amsoil Synthetic

My cold stumble was exacly as writen in the SM."within the first 2-3 mins of operation"
    If you pressed the go pedal NOTHING happened,them bam!off we go.
    I have BMDO they reflashed it now it's much better,not perfect,but not going to get me killed either.

Could it be possible that the calibration would be done without updating the PCM code? According to the technician, he ran it three times, but I can definitely tell the difference after this. Would this be someting that the computer would do without it reporting it?
    2003 Marauder 300A
    Kenny Brown Dead Pedal
    Silencer Removed
    K&N Air Filter
    Amsoil Synthetic

Thread Information