Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Improvement of the North East Marauders

Improvement of the North East Marauders

Sorry guys but Im sad to say that our group of Marauder owners is falling way behind the organization of the other groups.
    If you look at the meets of the other groups you see at least 20 cars showing up. They have their own group T-shirts and things planned for there meets. We organize a hooters meet and 5 members show up. At least we had 5, I been to a NE meet where it was just me!
    At MV-V, I was the only member representing the NE Marauders.
    Last weekend we saw the Impala SS club and they took up the entire parking lot. I seen Mustang and Vette clubs show up there and they take up most of the parking lot. Even the Viper club where the cars cost over $80K have a bigger turn out then we do. We have all these members but yet we cant even fill up a single row in the lot.

Im open to suggestions and taking the time and effort as to what we can do to improve our group and possibly make it one of the biggest most organized groups on MM.net

Possibly our fearless leader 03silverstreak could chime in and give us some suggestions?

MERCURY MARAUDER 300A

Build Date
    5/31/02
    Sequence#
    #363 of 7839 Black Marauders
    Dyno tested power
    450 RWHP & 405 RWTQ on 93 octane
    Best 1/4 mile time to date
    12.456@109mph
    Visit my Garage
    Blackened300a's Garage

Mutiny!!
    2003 300A Black Mercury Marauder 4334 of 7839
    Trilogy #150 installed by Carfixer & Tallboy 4/21/2007
    (brute's garage)

Spell Check?

I wonder where everyone went??

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Perhaps you need to match the events to what your people want, e.g.; if the majority are family types perhaps Hooters is sending the wrong meeting message.

I'm interested in your experiences since we are starting a St. Louis area MM group. We can learn from you what works & what doesn't.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Exclamation Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DEFYANT View Post
    I wonder where everyone went??
    Charlie the Northeast group has always been tuff to get out and do a meet

But no they did not go where you think
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Exclamation Almost......

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    Sorry guys but Im sad to say that our group of Marauder owners is falling way behind the organization of the other groups.
    If you look at the meets of the other groups you see at least 20 cars showing up. They have their own group T-shirts and things planned for there meets. We organize a hooters meet and 5 members show up. At least we had 5, I been to a NE meet where it was just me!
    At MV-V, I was the only member representing the NE Marauders.I was there?
    Last weekend we saw the Impala SS club and they took up the entire parking lot.Lot more SS were built! I seen Mustang and Vette clubs show up there and they take up most of the parking lot. Even the Viper club where the cars cost over $80K have a bigger turn out then we do. We have all these members but yet we cant even fill up a single row in the lot.

Im open to suggestions and taking the time and effort as to what we can do to improve our group and possibly make it one of the biggest most organized groups on MM.net

Possibly our fearless leader 03silverstreak could chime in and give us some suggestions?
    Well where are you guy from NY when there is an event in Phila?

Long Island is tuff due to traffic. Try meeting in North Jersey and watch the trunout.

Most time someone will start a thread and not put a date up? Then a few chime in with what they want, you need to pick a day and time and post it.
    IMHO.
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogjim View Post
    Charlie the Northeast group has always been tuff to get out and do a meet

But no they did not go where you think

whacutalkin'bout?

11.98 @ 115 mph
    "Comfort, Class and Hair on Fire Performance."

Thumbs up North East Marauders

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened300a View Post
    At MV-V, I was the only member representing the NE Marauders.
    Last weekend we saw the Impala SS club and they took up the entire parking lot. I seen Mustang and Vette clubs show up there and they take up most of the parking lot. Even the Viper club where the cars cost over $80K have a bigger turn out then we do. We have all these members but yet we cant even fill up a single row in the lot.

Sorry to disapoint you paul but im no ones leader . as a member like you , I can only sugguest or make a request as to a get together , but also you take into account that most folks out there prioritize other things in there lives . on not too many ocassions i've have put together get togethers in U.S.N.Y. and i've have gone as far as the ends of long island on long island get togethers , but if you want monthly meets , then you have to post the 1st monthly meet at least a month ahead so as folks can plan for that day . another thing with my 4X2 Chart I don't get sundays off all the time , so that just may be difficult for me to attend from time to time . Then there is what location everyone is able to go too . if this so-called leadership requires someone to be off on week ends for a monthly meet , then I request that the moderators change the title North East Leader from myself and request that you Paul take the spot since you brought this out in the open , its only fair that run with it .
    I'll keep my Freedom, my Money, my Religion, my Guns & you can keep the " Change ".

This should be an interesting thread...

However, i feel that we do lack alot of organization. Furthermore, everyone here has to remember you are a part of an organization.

Follow??

I feel that with an englishtown meet proposal/TRACK RENTAL, we should be able to EASILY see numbers increase. Meet and greet some new faces, hopefully lure in the "lurking" crowd of MM.net

As a member of MM.net, i feel we represent the Marauder and a large part of the panther community. CVN on the other hand (the WORLDS LARGEST ONLINE PANTHER COMMUNITY), lacks the same type of organization we desperatly need here (speaking for the NE).

Our Sunshine state brethren have their own shirts, and organize MANY SUCCESSFUL MEETS! (ala' Tower shops).

NE members, please speak up!

--Len
    2004 Marauder - #354 of 1237 made in black
    10,800 Original miles
    Acquired 8-3-12

Something needs to be said about the number of these cars made and still around. And the type/number of individules that loves these cars! Its all in the numbers. That is one reason we love them so much!

I think one of the obstacles is trying find as close to an equal travel distance for everyone involved. Then trying to find a fairly mutual date and time for everyone. Having worked in a hospital for fourteen years with rotating shifts and nonstable weeks it can be a bear to make all meets/gatherings. Then you have to try to accomadate the likes of, i guess the majority, especially those with young children who may or have to come along.

It is always difficult to get a routine established. Maybe some of the other established large groups can chime in with suggestions.
    Also we must remember the vettes, mustang and viper groups have been at this a lot longer.
    The dedicated will come.
    Last edited by 1stMerc; 09-14-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    Born 03/04
    Adopted on 01/03/05

2084 of 3213 & 691 of 983____Moonroof 185 of 335 of 1213

Now Procharger boosted #04

I can tell you that I despise driving to Long Island or NY City... and not just because of the Yankees!
    I went there last week for a convention/show At the Javits and once again it was almost 4 hours till I got there! From Allentown, PA!!!
    Most of the time if I gotta head that way I take the bus... less stressful.
    If I drove the Marauder.... I'd really be stressed out.
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

4 hours from Allentown ?!?! Holy Moly !

It only takes me 3 -3 1/2 hours to get to Carlisle or Hershey from Long Island. It should take you 2-2 1/2 hours to make it to Manhattan. Without traffic that is.
    My daily driver: '04 DTR Crown Vic Sport !

Wahr wahr My little DTR

I'm gonna turn it on
    Wind it up
    Blow it out
    D T R

Quote Originally Posted by PhastPhil View Post
    4 hours from Allentown ?!?! Holy Moly !

It only takes me 3 -3 1/2 hours to get to Carlisle or Hershey from Long Island. It should take you 2-2 1/2 hours to make it to Manhattan. Without traffic that is.
    Traffic is always the problem. Once I left my office in Allentown at 7 am and arrived at the Hotel across from LaGuardia at 1 pm....and I did not get lost!
    It can be a hit or miss thing I have done the 2 hour drive also...
    Same thing seems to happen every time I try to catch a game in Philly...2 hours plus to get there... all due to traffic.
    04 Crown Victoria Sport

2008 Harley Davidson Nightrain- sold....

2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide - Olive Gold

1995 F150 4x2 4.9 5spd

1995 Schwinn High Plains 21 speed, custom gearing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information