Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Navigator

Lincoln Navigator

Anyone have one?

Are they any good?

I've been thinking aobut getting something that can tow the Marauder and or a boat, That can be slept in and with 4WD. I always liked sitting in the Navigators at the car shows. Well until they changed them in 2003.

Have been considering a 99-02 MY.

I thought about the Pontiac Aztek, I like it, the tent on the back is cool could tow a boat with it, and it has a partime AWD, but it can't tow the Marauder.

Also have looked at the Expedition but it is basically a Navigator under powered and for the $1000 difference in price why not get a Navigator.

Any reason not to get a Navigator?

anyone?.....

We have the smaller Aviator, with the 4.6 DOHC Cobra and a tune.

We're ditching it after the new year. Nothing wrong, in fact, over our 4 years of ownership, nothing has ever gone wrong. In fact, it just had a tail light bulb burn out last week and the dealer replaced it free.

It is a horrific gas guzzler.

Can no longer afford it.
    Last edited by CRUZTAKER; 11-02-2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: awefull spelling
    2017 Niro

I Have A Expedition 4x4 1998 And It Tows 6900 Lbs Like A Champ.up Hills No Problem At All.175k

n-cherok Guest
    couple of problems with that year nav, pcv tube usually breaks and causes a rough idle, rear air suspension bags and compressor. But those are the only problems I am aware of.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical1 CC View Post
    Anyone have one?

Are they any good?

I've been thinking aobut getting something that can tow the Marauder and or a boat, That can be slept in and with 4WD. I always liked sitting in the Navigators at the car shows. Well until they changed them in 2003.

Have been considering a 99-02 MY.

I thought about the Pontiac Aztek, I like it, the tent on the back is cool could tow a boat with it, and it has a partime AWD, but it can't tow the Marauder.

Also have looked at the Expedition but it is basically a Navigator under powered and for the $1000 difference in price why not get a Navigator.

Any reason not to get a Navigator?
    No reason not to get one. I have a 1998 (2valve, regular gas, 4wd) that we bought new. It now has 160,000 miles on it, does not leak, and does not use oil. We use it to tow our Baja ski boat. We can't even tell the boat is back there. The truck has been rock-solid and reliable. My wife refuses to let me sell it or trade it. It's been a really good vehicle.
    BUCKWHEAT 03 MM 300A-August, '02 mfgr, black w/ blue metallic clearcoat, 94,000 miles, Texid stroker 5.0, #15 Kool-Aide w/ SnakeBite porting, Venom cooling, and upgraded to M122, 3873 of 7839

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolical1 CC View Post
    ... something that can tow the Marauder and or a boat, That can be slept in and with 4WD.

Get a used Excursion. The market is not being good to them on resale value. You can find quite a few bargains out there.

With the 2nd seat folded forwards, and the 3rd row seat removed, plenty of room to stretch out and sleep on an air mattress.
    Last edited by SHERIFF; 11-03-2007 at 04:20 PM.

An Excursion does not fit in my Garage.

For 2008 they, Lincoln has released a Navigator L.

The normal Navigator will fit in my Garage though.

Thought about the aztek??

Did you ever think about how dog-**** ugly that thing is? And why don't you like the 2003-2006s? Big improvement from the 1st gen imo. And I love the newest ones, regardless of people hating on the "over chromed" front end...but whatever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Built and Eaton swapped - "MERCD"
    '21 F150 XLT 5.0 Sport
    '18 Chevy Malibu Redline
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '97 Lincoln Town Car (black on black)
    '10 Harley Ultra Limited
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R
    '03 Grand Marquis(sold)

Aztek was never all that ugly to me. Not nearly as bad as the Acura or Lexus or the (Medusa) Subaru Tribeca. The Aztek was a bit different looking but it was made for function and had all the bells and whistles. See through tailgate, air compressor, tent and air matress, removeable console with cooler. The material pattern takes some getting used to, or needs covering, but the Aztek is a pretty good vehicle all in all.

The 03+ Navigator has that huge square console and tiny seats. I just don't fit in the 03+ tiny seats. Reminds me of my friends HMMWV, huge truck, tiny seats.

subaru tribeca was ugly.but like i say theres people for every thing.

My family has gone though 3 of them though leases. We had a 98, 02 and now an 05. The 98 had the best A/C and the least problems.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Oh Yes Ice Cold A/c.

How well do the ventilated seats work?

On 1998 To 2002 No Ventilted Seats Only Heater.sorry But In 03 They Did My Brother Has An 04 Navigator And The A/c On Drivers Seat Just Went Out.at 80k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information