Thread: gonna bolt a blower

fdrymas Guest

gonna bolt a blower

The screw blower on the SVT cobra will bolt up to our 4.6 4 valve. The alt. needs to move. but this looks easy to me. The cobra has a cast iron block and builds 390 hp. Any ideas on how our lower end will hold up?
    Dennis: I have your perfomance package in my car. What do you think? Will your chip support the blower okay?
    Last edited by fdrymas; 10-15-2002 at 01:55 PM.

Yea it will "fit" but the inlet is on the wroung side.
    Thats the most ovious difference,I think the heads are different too so the manifold won't fit.

I "think" the engine in our cars is closer to the 96-99 Mustang Cobra than too the 2000-2002 Cobra.

Does anybody know if we have the variable inlet valves like the early Cobras?

fdrymas Guest
    No we don't have the variable inlet. The heads are the same. The only motor with a change in the 4V head is the Mach 1. It gets the 5.4 intake cams. Most of the aftermarket high flow air conversions use a cone type filter anyway, so the stock air box will just go away. Move some switches, small stuff. I am worried about the rods and pistons. This motor is the 02 cobra with the change to the upper intake, drop in compression and a weaker tune. Our motors also are built on the low volume line at Romeo engine not on the "nitch" line like the cobra.
    Last edited by fdrymas; 10-15-2002 at 06:21 PM.

Thread Information