Thread: Are crown vic mid pipes bigger than the 2" Marauder mid pipes?

Are crown vic mid pipes bigger than the 2" Marauder mid pipes?

Hi guys, I was talking to a member the other day who said he thought that the dual exhaust Crown Vic got 2.25" mid pipes, as opposed to our MM's stock tiny 2" mid pipes. Can anyone confirm this, and/or know what year dual exhaust Crown Vic this would apply to? I am looking to keep my MM very quiet in the exhaust dept. but 2" pinch bent stock pipes have got to be hurting power no matter what. If the Crown vic really does have 2.25" mid pipes I might as well make them fit, along with a super quiet 2.25" pass tube muffler (I have a few ideas, the Dynomax Thrush mufflers have 2.25" pass tubes and are Buick-quiet, which for most applications I hate, but on this car I think they would work well for me)
    Steve H., Charles County, MD www.carfap.com
    1994 Lincoln Town Car. 98-02 front brakes, P71 steering and sway bars, Eaton swap build underway using TorkTech 4.6 2v intake kit.
    2011 Infiniti M37x
    2004 F250, v10 6 speed manual. ex-US Forest Service truck
    2000 BMW M5
    1976 Jeep DJ5 (postal)

Wow, no one can tell me? Next time I'm at a U pull it junkyard I can go measure pipes on a taxi/cop CV but I don't know how long that will be ...
    Steve H., Charles County, MD www.carfap.com
    1994 Lincoln Town Car. 98-02 front brakes, P71 steering and sway bars, Eaton swap build underway using TorkTech 4.6 2v intake kit.
    2011 Infiniti M37x
    2004 F250, v10 6 speed manual. ex-US Forest Service truck
    2000 BMW M5
    1976 Jeep DJ5 (postal)

Quote Originally Posted by VicsEvilBrother View Post
    Hi guys, I was talking to a member the other day who said he thought that the dual exhaust Crown Vic got 2.25" mid pipes, as opposed to our MM's stock tiny 2" mid pipes. Can anyone confirm this, and/or know what year dual exhaust Crown Vic this would apply to? I am looking to keep my MM very quiet in the exhaust dept. but 2" pinch bent stock pipes have got to be hurting power no matter what. If the Crown vic really does have 2.25" mid pipes I might as well make them fit, along with a super quiet 2.25" pass tube muffler (I have a few ideas, the Dynomax Thrush mufflers have 2.25" pass tubes and are Buick-quiet, which for most applications I hate, but on this car I think they would work well for me)
    Your freind is wrong, they are 2", and at some of the crush points it as small as 1 7/8".

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Thread Information