Thread: Options pricing

Question Options pricing

Has anyone received any information on the pricing of the new upcoming MM options? I was told today that the new "standard" traction control would eliminate the Posi, and adding a 6 disc changer and heated seats would add approx. $2500 - $3000 to the price of the Marauder. I think this guy is blowing smoke up my tail pipe, if anyone has any pricing info, I would appreciate your help. He also told me that I wouldn't see the car until March or April, I was under the impression that these options would be available starting in early Dec.

Thanks,
    Tim

Heated seats and a CD changer should add about $700 to the MSRP of the car. Don't expect the price to be much higher than it is now.. The dealers in my area are not moving these cars.....
    JohnnyB

2004 Mach 1 - Torch Red 5 Speed

2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A, RPC Chip, 4.10's, K&N Aircharger

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

The dealer that I was at yesterday has 10 Marauders on the lot, that's why I think he told me the updated MM's will be $2500 - $3000 more. He needs to unload the ones he has, and he told me that he has at least two more of the non-traction controlled models coming in soon.

Smoke in the tailpipe regarding the pricing. New options become available for ordering on December 2nd. Delivery would be in January sometime...

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Will trac-loc still bea vailable, or does traction control completely replace it?

I find it odd how eastern dealers have so many Marauders. Out here a dealer is lucky if they have one. Ford's distribution is quite odd
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Traction Control does NOT eliminate the posi.

scooter Guest
    Logan,

When you say that the options can be ordered starting Dec 2, and delivery in Jan sometime, can I presume then that we won't be seeing any Marauders with these options until January?

Or do you mean if someone puts in a specific/custom order in Dec that it would take to Jan to receive the vehicle, but some, pre-configured Marauders may be available at the dealers sooner than January with some of these new options already installed?

Thanks, I enjoy this forum.

Scott
    Last edited by scooter; 10-19-2002 at 01:37 AM.

scooter Guest

Thumbs down

Mercury rushed this vehicle out without traction control, and people in areas that receive any amount of snow are very concerned about this car.

The absence of traction control, and no strategy on Mercury's part to deal with people's concerns about this muscle car in snow with regard to tires that could be swapped out for the slicks that come standard is stopping people from buying. The car is just too expensive to use in good driving weather and not year round for most people.

I believe why Canada does not have the Marauder yet is that Mercury is waiting for traction control for models sent to that country because of its snowy climate.

The way that Mercury and various dealers have dealt with my inquiries regarding this snow/traction/tire issue is terrible. They lie or don't answer at all they just want to sell the existing Marauders on the lots.

Really stupid on Mercury's part in my opinion.

All this talk about snow tires and traction control is getting to me. Yeah, traction control is nice, and allows cars to drive closer to their normal range in bad weather the with out it. Cars for decades didn't have traction control, and they were driven in snow and ice and other forms of nasty weather. Where I live, winter is about as unpridictable as it comes. I drove pick-ups for years, and not only did they hve no traction control, and no snow tires, they had only about 1/2 the weight. And they had a lot of torque at the wheels with no weight over them. Just take it easy, don't rush, and be carfull. And worse comes to worse learn how to drive your car in the snow/ice.

Sorry for the tiraid. If the forcast here says "flurrys", 1/4 of the people abandon their cars right then and their, and the rest get out the SUV's and think, "Hey I have 4 wheel drive, I can drive like I always do." Bunch of idiots.
    Last edited by MAD-3R; 10-21-2002 at 11:49 AM.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

jpatricktaylor Guest
    I agree with MAD-3R. I was waiting for the traction control option, but then realized that I've never had it on any car, so I bought my MM off the lot from a local dealer last Tuesday. Sometimes common sense is the best option!

lshultz Guest
    MAD-3R

I feel your pain...I live in Chesapeake, Va, and the dolts around here act the same way except I imagine you can magnify the traffic around here by the tens of thousands...

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Unless I'm just not seeing it, I read that new Order Guide and can't find the option for trac-loc. I'd think most people would want that on this car than traction control, despite that you apparently can't drive in snow anymore with out it.

If its anything like the traction control in the Town Car- its no great shakes. The car still sucked in the snow.
    TommyT
    2003 MERCURY MARAUDER
    2000 EXPEDITION
    2002 HONDA ACCORD V6 CPE
    1969 YENKO SYC 427 CHEVELLE CLONE
    1970 CHEVELLE SS 454 LS6-ORIGINAL

trac control

hey guys, and girls, it,s a 4300 pound car! put some weight in the trunk, ease up on starts, and use your head. I drove mine in the snow, yes it needs REAL rims and tires, but it,s really not that bad. remember when the only front wheel drive cars were imports and the Tornado?.

scooter Guest
    Looking at the new ordering guide, it shows traction control as standard. Traction control is so you do not spin your wheels. It is useful, but not foolproof. I would want it on my car if it's available, and it is going to be on the next Marauders apparently.

I have read the posts about snow tires and I am totally confused as to what tires/rims can be put on for snow tires. Several people said Mercury/tire dealers had no recomendation or said some rims people had in mind would not work. Here I think Mercury should address this by letting people know if they need to switch out tires for winter, and what rim/tire sizes are acceptable.

Scott

Thread Information