Thread: Tri-State Area Marauder Owners

Tri-State Area Marauder Owners

Tri-State Marauder Owners,

Is there anybody out there?

I purchased my Marauder in August. Since then I’ve only seen another one on the road once. Though I like the Idea that I have a rare car, I was wondering if anyone on this site lives near the Philadelphia area. I would love to start a club but being the only member might get a little boring.

That lack of Marauders in my area is also a sign that the car is not selling. Does anyone in the group know any sales numbers. I was told when I purchased my car that the next model, (blue, traction control, sunroof, heated seats) would be out sometime in October, They couldn’t guarantee it and were right not to. Do you think if sales were better that they would have released it by now? I do. At what point does a car company pull the plug? Why did Chevy kill the Impala SS (the cool one not the new one)?

Please let know if you’re out there. If there is anybody out there.

Thanks,
    2003-300A
    Trilogy #8 with Custom Pulley Produces 12.4psi of Boost
    407 RWHP and 384 RWT
    Best 1/4 Mile 12.028 @ 117.01mph
    From Lidio: Trilogy #8 install & Custom Tune, Custom Pulley, Chip, Accufab Throttle Body, Baer Claw Front Calipers with Crossdrilled & Slotted Rotors All Around, Custom 2¼ X-Pipe, 3 Chamber Flomaster Mufflers, Widened Rear Rims with 305 Nitto NT-555R Extreme Drag Radials, Auburn High Performance Posi.
    From Reinhart: 4.10 Rear Gear, 180 Degree Thermostat, Motorcraft Plugs, Metal Matrix Driveshaft, Rear Sway Bar.
    From Metco: Carbon Fiber Intake Tube, Control Arms & Watts Link.
    From Others: Kenny Brown Braided Brake Lines & Dead Pedal

Mercury is trying to change it's image so I think the Marauder will remain in the line up for a few years. (I read until 2007). I think a company pulls the plug when there is no longer a demand for a certian car or it becomes stale.
    JohnnyB

2004 Mach 1 - Torch Red 5 Speed

2003 Mercury Marauder
    300A, RPC Chip, 4.10's, K&N Aircharger

2002 Ford Focus ZX5

Don't feel bad, I got my MM in June, have 6,000 miles on it and saw my first MM on the road 2 weeks ago. How many T-Birds do you see on the road? They are popular, in demand and sell well.Our time will come. For those of you with low miles, the exaust gets louder & the ride gets smoother with miles. It's been a FUN car. I'm looking forward to doing a little "Reinhart" on it
    Mike Eaton

A politician is Someone who promises someone another person's money.

I live in central NJ, purchased the car in July, and haven't seen another Marauder on the road. The only ones I've seen were in the dealer's lots. I think I live in a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti lease-world. I don't expect to see many MMs for quite a while.

Thread Information