Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Brown Marauder S

Kenny Brown Marauder S

Well, much like Sean Hyland, Kenny Brown has pasted a "tickler" on his site for his (read MINE!) Marauder S package.

Check out this link (not a ton of info but still cool, as that's my burn out in front of his garage, and that's without the breaks... and before anyone asks, yes he did buy me a new set of tires!)

Kenny Brown Marauder S

If you click on the "Sneak Peek at Kenny Brown Marauder S" text you can see a couple of Marauders and Crown Vics currently in his shop.

If you then click on the purple framed picture in the upper right hand corner you can take a peek at a supercharged Marauder, although they did grey out the motor.
    Last edited by mensrea; 10-16-2002 at 07:11 PM.
    2 shoes and a nice pair of comfy socks

Mensra,

I just can't wait! I might just dash to Indy tomorrow to have a look!
    Still hangin on

Well you can come up to the Grove and see and or drive it there... I will be there.

BTW, does Kenny's mods include a chip too?
    Still hangin on

Depends on what you ask, they either flash or give a chip. I am having them look into a flip chip so I can "de-tune" for when my "friends" wanna drive!

bozobill Guest
    Hey, hombre. I thought I was your friend. No steenking detuning for me!

All kidding aside, I'll do the photo honors when you're shattering all existing sled records for the 1320' at Da Grove. Call me when you've got the particulars. Incidentally, how are you getting to Indy to scoop this 4 wheel terror wagon up? Need a one way there?

Good review...

I like the idea of a Marauder S, but never own my vehicles long enough to justify that kind of expense...

Motorweek review of Kenny Borwn Panther P@

OKOK I am biased, but this is still a great review of the Kenny Brown Panther P2 from Motorweek. If you have any questions about what your money gets you with a conversion from Kenny, check this out.

To quote motorweek the Panther conversion (based on a Crown Vic, not a Marauder) is "the most exciting full-sized car that we've ever driven"

I understand that when it comes to modificaitons, everyone has their own tastes and desires, but Kenny is giving me what I want and that's more spped, and great handling with awesome brakes. The way I look at it, for less than the price of a new Vette, I have a four door, high performance sedan that just might keep up with some faster two doors.

Motorweek review of Kenny Brown Panther P2

hey mens, can we persuade you to bring that merc down to SSHS2? this year should see the advent of big blocks, s/c with and without no2,twin turbo's, etc. we're hoping to see mucho cars in the 10's and a couple in the 9's. would be way cool to have an 11 sec. MM to show out. there's still 3 weeks to plan it out. whatta ya say? www.sshs2.com. rock on, rus

I don't know about the 11 second part... but I am interested in coming down. What's the info

go to sshs2.com for all the info, but the quik run down is atlanta dragway(in commerce,actually about an hour N. of atlanta) on sat. nov.9th...rain date sun, 1oth. preregister online $50. $75 at the gate for racing , show etc. just show or spectator for less $$. there is even a group caravaning down from chicago friday morning, leaving about 6-7 a.m. pre-party-cruise friday nite, test runs 9-12 sat. 1-6 bracket /heas up drags. if you are going check impalassforum.com under the upcoming events section for caravan info. that's the basics. hope to see you there! rock on, rus

89lxbill Guest
    One of my customers called Kenny Brown's shop and this is what they told him. You provide the Marauder and $15000 and they will supercharge it and suspension it. Whew! that seems pretty steep.

For $15k I'd expect some BIIIIIIG brakes and inter/aftercooler.

I like the Eaton blower, but for that kindve bread you could sure get
    alot from Dennis.

Johnny
    - SCT ala DR. Yippee!!

A couple of things... (and please remember that I am biased, my car is there now getting done by Kenny) no one has an Eaton supercharger for the 32V yet.. the one they use on the 03 cobra cannot be purchased separately yet. Also, try to compare apples and apples, throwing a supercharger on a car is a great performance mod, but it's also nice to handle the curves and stop. I for one like having a modified suspension and brake package. But I guess we all have to make choices, I really would have liked a stroked out 5.2 L motor and 6 piston calipers but the cash bleeding had to stop somewhere.

Sean Hyland is charging 18,900 for his Marauder conversion, so Kenny is in line.

Now, for what you get for your cash... 14 inch two piece front rotors, Bear brakes, suspension upgrades, intercooler, supercharger (a custom one made by Vortech) dead pedal, tires, pop off valve, intake work, better cooling, and some really cool custom components (check back for pictures). I believe Sean’s package will include similar items, he hasn’t posted any info yet.

I like the Kenny package, and for the money he is hard to beat. I couldn't do the work he is, and others don't offer the complete package.

The fact that Kenny Brown was mentioned by Steve Babcock in the Edmunds town hall forum as a possible tuner who will utilize the supercharger on a Marauder only helps. Kenny has been around for quite a while, his products have been tested and driven hard by all the magazines, and they have been favorably reviewed.

As I mentioned earlier, choosing someone to do 15K worth of work to a new car is a tough decision. However, I am quite comfortable with Kenny's work, and I think the car will speak for itself (check back in one week).

As for the total cost.... this custom marauder will blow the doors off of an Impala SS, and Mustangs (and who knows what else), yet handles and stops great. For me, 50K isn't that much to pay for a car like that.

Whether you choose Kenny, Sean, Dennis etc, all that matters is that you like the end result, and I can't wait to get mine back.
    Last edited by mensrea; 10-23-2002 at 07:51 AM.

not out of line

mensrea,

I, for one, do not think that what you are paying for it out of line. You are really getting an almost "1 of a kind" performance car. Besides, I live only a few miles from you, and I REALLY want to see this bad boy when you get it. Let me know as soon as you want to show it off. Are you still thinking of going to Da Grove on Nov. 3rd? Let me know.

Wags
    "Pete, you could drop 2 tenths if you lose some weight"
    2002 Rendezvous CXL (hers)
    1968 Chevelle SS 396 convertible (not her's)
    1967 Chevelle coupe (not her's either)
    2002 Explorer Sport (not her's again)
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Turbo (was daughter's, now mine. Quick little bugger)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information