Thread: Invite to all yall to come out on wed...

VicRattlehead Guest

Invite to all yall to come out on wed...

hey all,

id like to invite you all to the last lemont legends crusie night of the year this wednesday night 8-27, its SPORTS/MUSCLE CAR feature night. its located on Main street in downtown lemont by the RR station. if comming from the south side, take rt83 til it turns north at archer, at the light keep going west on i have no idea what the name of the road is, but dont turn right to continue onto rt83. keep going til you get to the Y intersection, there might be a detour sign sending you to a slight left up the hill,(thoes directions in a sec) keep going on main street to the stop light thats where the show starts and goes 3-4 blocks west and 1-2 blocks north, ok if you get there like after 6ish they will close off main street and send you up a block south on Illinois street, if your in that situation, go through the stopsign about 5-6 blocks after the Y in the road, and the next street take a right once you get one block north youll be at the center of the action, find parking anywhere you can, they will angle off the cars at 6-615 and no traffic will be on main street til after 9pm so no worry of big trucks going by. anyway if you cant find parking on the street go across the rr tracks and go left and youll see the metra train parking lot, go ahead and park in there.

if comming from the city take 55 south to the lemont road exit south, take that over the big bridge, (youll know the bridge when you get there) you can either go left or right at the bottom of the bridge at illinois street, id recommend before 6pm go right after go left and follow the directions above to find parking basicly go left 1 block and first left turn you can make take it and youll end up in the center of the action and then just find somewhere to park the metra lot is across the rr tracks and to your left back under the bridge.
    if you take a right at the bottom of the hill, go and loop around and take the first right you can take and find parking, there is a smaller metra lot on the south sid eof the tracks if its all full go back up and around to illinois street and follow the directions above to the bigger metra lot.

Id recommed you getting there early to get street parking on main street, early being 5ish 4 ish ive heard people getting there as early as 3ish, there are many restraunts in around the area within walking distance, "Nicks" place is a bar right on main street they have some HUGE burgers and there good too. there probably 5-5.5" diameter burgers after cooking.

anyway hope to see any and everyone out there if anyone needs more info

http://www.lemontchamber.com/CruiseNights.htm

or directions put this address in mapquest and it will get you there

221 Main Street
    Lemont, IL 60439
    Last edited by VicRattlehead; 08-21-2003 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks, Keith, I'm going to try and make this show. Any other Windy City members free on 8/27? We could meet at White Fence Farm for dinner first...Let me know?

I have heard that this is a good show.
    I will consider it but will not know until next week.
    Will advise-
    What is it with chicken??
    -cluck cluck?
    03 MM Black/Charcoal
    300A
    Tints
    K&N
    Flowmaster 40s
    FL Tag- Papa Rod

Originally posted by Jay Stark
    What is it with chicken?
    Actually, it's doesn't have much to do with chicken at all. Both places have good sized parking lots where we can hang out after eating. Both places serve other meals, I love the Bacon cheeseburger at Del's and the rib eye at White Fence. And, both places are easy to find and get to. You can have chicken if you want, Jay, both places do it okay...

03 MM Black/Charcoal
    300A
    Tints
    K&N
    Flowmaster 40s
    FL Tag- Papa Rod

I'll try and make it 6:00 is alittle tight,can I still get in at 6:30?:
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer
    OEM Frt Splash Guards
    ProGuard
    Weathershield Marauder Cover
    2XL Marader Jacket
    McGard Wheel Locks
    Marauder Billet Pedals
    Marauder Door Sills
    Denso Plugs IT20's
    8/3/03 Dyno 260.4 RWHP/291.3 Torque

Keith - Congrats and good luck.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I was there...

I was there on the 13th and 20th... But I am not going to be available on the 27th

On the 20th, there was a 60's Marauder with the 390. I talked to the owner for a while. Nice Guy. One of the three Mercs that I saw. The other two was a 70's cougar and (of course) an 03 Marauder.

FWIW, I will be there on the 3rd...

I can say that 5:30 will get you a spot "west of the bridge" out of the "main area"... So if you want to get into the main part of the show, the earlier the better...

Also, if you get one of these good spots... plan on staying to 8:30 / 9:00. (The event closes at 9:00). The area is very crowded with people and cars... an you will probably be locked in until the end.

_gus

Mark [N4OGL] Guest
    If you can stomach another Kenny Brown car, I'll be there!

VicRattlehead Guest
    hey gus, I see your car up there all the time, but i hate to tell ya, the 27th is the last cruise night of the year, if you go on the 3rd youll be the only one there

mac, there are plenty of place to eat around the show area.

i usually get there around 6ish a few min before or after and the last metra train goes through there at i believe 6:10 or so and after the majority of the commuter cars get out of the lot they let the cruiser cars park on an angle basicly blocking off mainstreet from any motor traffic. ive seen cars leave before 9, it just takes them a while to get out.

just a fyi, my parents go every week in their 66 tbird vert, and they usually get there around 5 or quarter to 5, so that they can get a spot right on the main drag.

Lemont

Vic is right, the cruise night in Lemont is one of the better ones in the area. I went there a few times last year with the Chevelle, and once with the Marauder. The Marauder drew more attention than my Chevelle! Last year, there were 150 to 200 cars there every week. Will try to make it out Wednesday, but I'm still very busy again right now. If I do go, I'll have the Chevelle, as I've put only about 50 mi. on it all summer (one trip to the track). But, if you like cars, nice ones, Lemont is the place to go on a Wednesday. So look for a red '68 SS convertable (I'll be in the tavern tossn' down a few)

Wags
    "Pete, you could drop 2 tenths if you lose some weight"
    2002 Rendezvous CXL (hers)
    1968 Chevelle SS 396 convertible (not her's)
    1967 Chevelle coupe (not her's either)
    2002 Explorer Sport (not her's again)
    2002 Audi TT 225 Quattro Turbo (was daughter's, now mine. Quick little bugger)

I'll be there maybe around 6:15 or so!
    2003 (#867 of #7839) 300A Marauder
    #23 MercuryMarauder.net member
    6/7/02 Build Date
    6/17/02 Purchased
    IL Plate MARAWDR
    35%Tint All Around
    Z&M Control Arms
    Real AutoMeter Oil Gauge
    Marauder Hats in rear window
    Rear Bumper Gray Decals
    Trunk Organizer