Thread: Marauderless member now with an 04 DTR

Talking Marauderless member now with an 04 DTR

I've been on here a bit, I still own my 05 Sport, I recently saw a 04 in the ad board for sale from Florida...... yes Eric's.

Long story short, I bought the car, drove 1100 miles to go get it to drive it to it's new home, that was a long 24 hours. This car will now reside in the Dayton Ohio area.

Eric has done most all the mods that I myself would have done, plus he had an extended care warranty that he included in the deal, we came to a mutual financial agreement, and the car is now mine.

I can honestly say I wish I would have bought/found one sooner, I looked for a nice used affordable example for over a year.

A word to sellers, if you advertise it, don't send some crappy 2 year old picture phone snap that you are trying to get stand up money out of. And then blow the buyer off, I got that treatment on several occasions.

There were other sellers that took the time to answer all questions, provide a phone # for contact etc.. And that, is what customer service is about.

There are a lot of great people on this board who know their stuff when it comes to these cars, I hope to take it all in and, maybe know .5% of what most of you guys do.

Thanks for letting me participate on the board.
    SG

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy your new ride.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

Congrats on joining the DTR Club. I will rejoin when mine gets out of the shop. Wrecked it this morning on the way to the Carlisle meet.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Wrecked it this morning on the way to the Carlisle meet. [/quote]

How wrecked is it?

welcome Spectragod, you will definitely get plenty of compliments and enjoyment from your new ride. and it has plenty of mods to boot...
    SILVER 04MM

Quote Originally Posted by 1of327 View Post
    Wrecked it this morning on the way to the Carlisle meet.

How wrecked is it?[/quote]

Well, it is sort of driveable and I still a right headlamp. Deer are so cute, just not as hood ornaments...
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Congrats on your purchase.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

Welcome aboard
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Hey SpectraGod,! Glad to hear ya found wat U were looking for. I adopted mine from a dealer. Took me a yr. to find the rite 1 also. But rite off had to put in new axles. Since then it's been little nick, nacky upgrades. No further issues yet. Have a great summer and hope to hook up at Tri-State Dragway 2 bust'em off a couple o' timesWelcome aboard sailor!!!!!!!!!!!

Spectra, I may be the only person that Eric ever let drive his car.
    That is as new a Marauder you could have bought. Enjoy it!
    Current:
    2004 SB

Sold:
    17th of 3213 2004 Marauders
    9th DTR of 982
    and best of all,
    71st Trilogy

2003 TR Mach 1
    2012 RR BOSS 302
    2014 RR GT500
    2003 AB Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by carfixer View Post
    Spectra, I may be the only person that Eric ever let drive his car.
    That is as new a Marauder you could have bought. Enjoy it!

Actually ... Suzi drove it ONCE, the first time you met her.

You had my Town Car for a few days and we came down to pick it up.

I drove the TC home & she followed me in the MM.

And IIRC, the only reason I didn't drive the MM back was ..... you had told me the gas smelled kinda funky in the TC, when you changed the fuel filter.

So, I brought a couple of cans of Seafoam down with me, to dump in the TC for the ride back ... but I wanted to make sure the TC got a nice an thorough "workout" on the way home to be sure the Seafoam mixed in real good & made it's way thru the entire fuel system, to clean it out.

She didn't even try to keep up(probably a GOOD thing) ... tho she certainly would have & then some if she did.

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Quote Originally Posted by Spectragod View Post
    I've been on here a bit, I still own my 05 Sport, I recently saw a 04 in the ad board for sale from Florida...... yes Eric's.

Long story short, I bought the car, drove 1100 miles to go get it to drive it to it's new home, that was a long 24 hours. This car will now reside in the Dayton Ohio area.

Eric has done most all the mods that I myself would have done, plus he had an extended care warranty that he included in the deal, we came to a mutual financial agreement, and the car is now mine.

I can honestly say I wish I would have bought/found one sooner, I looked for a nice used affordable example for over a year.

A word to sellers, if you advertise it, don't send some crappy 2 year old picture phone snap that you are trying to get stand up money out of. And then blow the buyer off, I got that treatment on several occasions.

There were other sellers that took the time to answer all questions, provide a phone # for contact etc.. And that, is what customer service is about.

There are a lot of great people on this board who know their stuff when it comes to these cars, I hope to take it all in and, maybe know .5% of what most of you guys do.

Thanks for letting me participate on the board.
    SG
    Darren,

I'm glad you were in the market and you are happy with your purchase.

I can rest easier knowing it went to someone that will take pride in it, like I did.

The are no words that can describe how much I will miss that car.

Rest assured, I will own another when the time is right.

It was time for a new signature .....

Here it is .....

X

Thread Information