Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The LCM

Is that a do, or don't?

It would only apply to the front two doors, not the rear doors.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsa540 View Post
    Now that I think about it, my wipers were on all day today.. perhaps that's the issue?

I take it that our lights come on with the wipers on? Or am wrong?
    Yes the light will automagically come on when the wipers are on.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

http://www.idmsvcs.com/2vmod/wiperso...son/index.html

You can use this diagram to find the appropriate wires to "snip" and insulate, to deactivate the wiper-activated headlights and/or door handle activated interior lights.

Be aware, when I went through this process on my 01, the wire colors did NOT match up. The color of the LCM plugs also did not match up. For instance, they mention two black plugs and one grey plug. On my car, there was one black plug and two grey plugs.

However, the size of the plugs and the pin numbers and locations were all the same, so that is how I was able to locate the appropriate wires in my car.

don't, sorry.

I wonder what would've caused my battery light to come on for a brief second then turn back off?

Maybe a dirty ground somewhere, intermittent failing alternator, dirty and/or loose battery terminals, or failing battery?

I wonder what would've caused my battery light to come on for a brief second then turn back off?
    If it happens again I'd worry about it.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

what rpm was your engine at when this happened?
    My batt light has blinked for a second right when my car nearly stalled / idle too low - many cars I've seen do this.
    sent from my rotary phone using Technicolor

2004 SILVER BIRCH/BLACK PAINT
    DARK CHARCOAL NUDO LEATHER
    #400 of 997 (SOLD)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT (SOLD)

2004 300A MM BLACK
    1 OWNER CAR, NO OPTIONS
    DAILY DRIVER

2013 DAYTONA R/T
    SUPER TRACK PACK
    DAYTONA BLUE PEARL
    #1763 off ~2100
    NOW WITH A 392 & 3.73 posi!

FORD REPLACED MY LCM

A recall was initiated and I had a Ford dealer replace it in about fifteen minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by TJCOX View Post
    A recall was initiated and I had a Ford dealer replace it in about fifteen minutes!
    Was it an LCM or the "Dorman" fix?
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by chief455 View Post
    what rpm was your engine at when this happened?
    My batt light has blinked for a second right when my car nearly stalled / idle too low - many cars I've seen do this.
    It's funny you say this, I believe my car's idle just got too low. Sometimes I look at the scangauge and every now and then it dips down to 520+/- rpms

LCM-1

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Was it an LCM or the "Dorman" fix?
    MOTORCRAFT PART # 4W7Z-13C788-BC PROCESSOR-LIGHTING CONTROL (MESSAGE: CRITICAL)

SHIPPED FROM: NEW YORK HVC, 280 PROSPECT PLNS RD, CRANBURY, NJ 08512

CAUSE:E 14N01C AUTH CODE: 008932
    Last edited by TJCOX; 12-28-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTMerc View Post
    I've been reading through the headlight posts trying to find a similar issue. My driver's side headlight is intermittently dimly lit or not at all. I replaced the bulb with a Silver Star and had the same issue. It seems like the LCM failure would affect both but not just one?

It looks like only the top half of the bulb is dimly lit.

I'll be checking for a bad ground after the ABT event this weekend. Has anyone had a similar issue? Ideas?

Background: The headlights and front grill, bumper etc. were replaced earlier in the year after a minor altercation with a Jersey wall in Michigan. We haven't put many miles on it since, very minimal night driving mainly back in June at Carlisle.
    Just to follow up on the resolution of this problem. After much troubleshooting, I found there were several problems. My new Ford buckets were replaced at the body shop during the repair of the front end plastic with a cheaper aftermarket version of the bucket and harness assembly. My Silver stars were also replaced with cheap bulbs. Both of these components seemed to contribute to the lighting issues. I replaced the bulbs and got rid of the extremely dim lights but still had the intermittent on off problem. I found a loose wire at the bulb connector on the passengers side and loose pins at the other end of the harness pigtail on the drivers side. Comparing the aftermarket harness to a new Ford harness, the Ford harness was taped (wrapped) together inside the flexible plastic wire protector and outside the flex tubing as well. The aftermarket harness was just threaded through the flex tubing and was loose inside causing the two ground wires and pins to move freely. I was able to jiggle the harness and re-create the problem. So, the fix was to remove the flex tubing protecting the harness and securely tape (wrap) the wiring which helped the pins remain in the stable position. I re-installed the flex tubing around the wires and taped them up completely like the factory harness. No free movement of the wires equaled no intermittent lighting problem.
    Shaun
    2016 Ford Fusion SE Ecoboost - White
    2004 Mercury Marauder - Black - Now with Daughter in Michigan
    2000 Ford F150 Lightning - Red
    2014 Ford F150 FX4 - Ruby Red
    Member Capitol Area Marauders (CAM)

"The customer can have any color he wants.... as long as it's black"
    Henry Ford

DOB: 04/23/04
    #2702 of 3214
    #988 of 1237 Black

Nice save, brah. Your repairer probably billed the insurance company for OEM, but obviously used cheap crap.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

This quite possibly could be the right thread that I'm looking for. I am currently trying to figure out why the windshield wipers do not work. I took off the windshield wiper regulator and ran power to the motor the motor is good the regulator I'm not sure. I also replace the switch and still no wipers. I'm thinking LCM, since there's a recall on the vehicle. I'll bring it in Monday and let you guys know if that was my problem.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information