Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L.A. Marauders' Petersen's Automotive Meet 09/14/03

NBC Shooter,
    As for work on monday... I have sunday, monday, and tuesday off. I work on a 4-10 schedule. And after we meet in l.a., i will drive down to san diego to visit with my family. So, this meet is just an excuse for me to visit family.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

amerikan Guest
    Alright guys you've convinced me... i cannot say for sure yet but if everyone plays out... im comming. NBC thanks for putting this together...nice work.

Greetings folks:

Sorry I havent replied sooner Shooter. You can count me in.
    This sounds like it's going to be a nice time.
    Amerikan good thing you decided to come. I didn't want to have to call you a "Little cry baby"
    Just kidding bro!! I'm sure everyone would love to meet you.
    03'MM300B
    4:10 gears, 180 thermostat, Denso iridium plugs, Steeda UD pulleys, SCT tune-Xcalibrator, JLT rai kit, 18" Magnaflows, Ford Racing girdle & stud kit from Wes, DR's level 2 trans, DR's rear eng. cooling kit, PI Stallion T/C, Addco swaybar, Dr Tint job, Blacked out front grill badge, Ruby red Bob White Decals, Gas Tank Bib, KB dead pedal, Memphis Audio all the way around.

amerikan Guest
    maudo i really really want to go but i don't know 100% yet so NBC don't put me on the list yet. Maudo i still have to make up for the time you were at chicane when i left...ahh.

x1 amerikan
    x2 NBC Shooter
    x2 JamesHecker
    x1 MattJohnson
    x1 Dave Compson
    x1 RocketCouch
    x1.5 Directedby
    x2 ParkRanger
    x1 maudominguez

There. You're on the list, amerikan. Nothing I can do now.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300B, matte-black, S55 taillights.
    B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

NBC/Anyone...Kindly tally the pairs of sandals you see, and let me know?

I learned a tough lesson today, that I've been severly overdressed lately. Wearing gymmies with my blue jeans is not fashionable anymore, and I'm not sure if it was my jeans, or my gymmies that earned the comment. It's a matter of exclusion now, rule out the obvious and see what's left?

Sandals...In a race car...Go figure.

Vegasmarauder (Jim) is for 2, and my brother and nephew in a CVPI, so total is 4. We will shoot for a 930-1000 AM arrival for the 3 floor parking...
    His: Blue w/Light Flint Born 02/05/03 (Wednesday)
    6674 of 7838, Color sequence 102 of 327

1 of 111 Without Heated Seats
    6 CD Changer in Trunk
    Locking Lugs
    Trunk Organizer
    Real Oil Press Guage w/MM Face
    Marauder Side Emblems
    Rear Bumper Inserts

Nephews: Blue w/Light Flint
    Born 02/05/03
    6673 of 7838, 101 of 327 Blues 1 of 111 Without Heated Seats
    Cars purchased 7 years apart, but are only 20 VIN numbers apart. Sequential units on the assembly line.

Hers: Black 300A w/Charcoal Born 06/25/02 (Tuesday)
    2011 of 7838
    Locking Lugs
    Trunk Organizer
    Real Oil Press Guage w/MM Face
    Factory Alarm
    Marauder Side Emblems
    Rear Bumper Inserts

#4 (Pound Rescue Marauder) 2003 DBP/Light Flint
    120 of 328 DBP 1 of 217 with heated seats.
    6705 of 7838 2003's
    Built Friday 02-07-2003
    Bought 09-10-2012

#5 2003 DBP/Light Flint
    136 of 327 Blues 1 of 111 W/O Heated Seats
    6741 of 7838 2003's
    Built Tuesday 02-11-2003
    Bought 05-06-14

Vegasmarauder,

Do you still want to caravan from vegas? If so, pm me with a meeting time and place?
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    NV "MARAUDR"

Petersen's Automotive Meet 09/14/03 RSVPs as of 09/01/03:

x1 amerikan
    x2 NBC Shooter (x1 if I get the bikini model and figure out a good excuse to go alone)
    x1 bikini model???
    x2 JamesHecker
    x1 MattJohnson
    x1 Dave Compson
    x1 RocketCouch
    x1.5 Directedby
    x2 ParkRanger
    x1 maudominguez
    x4 vegasmarauder
    ------------------------
    x17 total

James: Do you wanna invite your Ford wrench friend from Sunrise (or is he Matt's friend?)? Would be nice to get a Ford mechanic to one of these things someday . . . I will see if my Airport Marina Ford guy wants to come.

Matt: Guess we better start making sure there's really a decent place to eat nearby, do you mind checking with Tom Bergin's Irish pub if you get a chance (e.g., menu, hours, seating)? Is that our best bet in your opinion?

Thanks to all, for all of your enthusiastic support. Anyone else in Southern California who wants to come, please join us!

B&M transmission/Precision Industries TC; Eibach-lowered; Addco rear anti-sway; Metco rear control arms; Steeda UDP; 180° 'stat.

So what time is everyone shooting on getting there?

Tour's at 2:00, what like 10:00/11:00 am to meet up, check out the cars, possibly do an install or two? Then eat lunch and head in?
    -Chris
    1992 Crown Vic (RocketCouch): Click here for specs and pics
    2004 Crown Vic PI (Casper): Click here for specs and pics
    2003 Marauder DBP: Click here for specs and pics

Speaking for myself only, I was planning to arrive about 12:00PM. The tour is scheduled for 2:00PM and the bikini model (if I get one) is scheduled for 3:00-4:00PM. Rocket, you're welcome to arrive as early as you want--I just hope you'll have some company. Rocket, what kind of installs were you thinking of doing?

Eats...

Shooter - I'll leave it up to a vote (or not) as to where everyone wants to eat.

Tom Bergin's opens at noon. It's a true tavern - dark, (no windows to speak of), big wooden bar, real bartenders, sports on the TV, and some booths in the back. Don't know if it's the "best" bet, but it is walking distance from the museum (1 block, 2 at the most I think) and they pour a great black and tan. The food's not bad either - steak sandwiches, burgers, fish and chips. Only downside is it could be crowded now that's it's football season.

There's also a Marie Calendars about 5 blocks east on Wilshire. Not walking distance (by LA standards) but walking is not out of the question. Bigger, well lighted, family friendly, safe menu, etc.

My pick is Bergin's. But I like dark places that serve beer.
    03 MM 300A
    Tint

SOUND: Alpine CD/MP3 with iPod Fullspeed, Sirius Satellite Radio; MB Quart 6 1/2 Premiums up front, MB Quart 5X7 Reference in back, JL Audio W3 10" sub, JL Audio Slash Series 500 W amp, Dynamat everywhere, Optima yellow top to keep it cranking...

SPEED: Ford Racing 4.10 gears, Ford Racing girdle cover and stud kit, SCT Reinhardt tune, Stallion Torque Converter, JLT Intake, Densos/Stat, Addco front and rear, Metco upper and lower, Front Willwood brake kit by TCE

I am shooting to be there by noon.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    NV "MARAUDR"

Jim mentioned that he was going to get there around 10, and I didn't want him to be all alone, thus why I suggested the time. If everyone is going to show up at 12, then I'll show up around 12ish.

As for the installs, you guys don't have any new parts you are just itching to put on? Swaybars, endlinks, throttle bodies, speakers? I dunno... Depending on the part, I *might* be able to get it ordered and here in time for the meet.

Last year at Peterson's I installed my horn and PA system and got some wiring help from the other guys. Free labor is always good
    -Chris
    1992 Crown Vic (RocketCouch): Click here for specs and pics
    2004 Crown Vic PI (Casper): Click here for specs and pics
    2003 Marauder DBP: Click here for specs and pics

Parking at Petersen's Automotive Museum--PLEASE READ!

THIS POST IS REPEATED HERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE--PLEASE READ UPDATED POSTS ON NEW THREAD HERE!

Parking at Petersen's Automotive Museum--PLEASE READ!

Good news: The model has been booked! "Arianna" will be there in a bikini and high heels. I hope enough of you pony up the $10 for the photo, because I will owe her $100 when she shows up (this is a deal--swimwear and lingerie modeling is typically DOUBLE the model's standard rate of $100-$150 an hour!).

Not so good news: Although I booked our "tour" weeks ago and was told we would be able to park on the third level, since then, a large Mustang car club "bought" the third level parking ($500) for a 30-car, 150-person event occuring the same Sunday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM. We reserved a tour, they scheduled an "event" (i.e., they paid real money). So at this point we are left with levels 1 or 2, which are completely covered and not good for photos.

So, here are our options:

1. I call the parking guys tomorrow (Saturday) and beg to let us onto the fourth-level parking, which is totally exposed to the sun, which we need for the photos.

2. Re-park either before or after the tour at the LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) parking lot on THEIR third level ($5.00 all day) which is USUALLY not that crowded. The LACMA parking lot is fairly close to the museum on S. Ogden Dr. (two short blocks east of Fairfax, 1/2 block north of Wilshire). If we go with this option, I may push the model's booking a bit later. Will let you all know here.

3. Wait until 4:00PM, reschedule the model for 4:30PM, and use the third-level parking (assuming the exposed part of the third level has cleared by then).

4. Ask the Mustang guys if they would let us use some of their space. I wouldn't count on this unless I got a confirmation of this on Saturday from someone representing the group.

KEEP WATCHING THIS THREAD. I WILL POST THE RESPONSE FROM THE PETERSEN'S PARKING GUY AND/OR MUSTANG CLUB AS SOON AS I CAN GET AN ANSWER BACK TOMORROW (SATURDAY, SEPT. 13).

If anyone misses the updated posts, I will leave instructions with the parking booth attendant. Remember, if you are driving a Mercury Marauder, PARKING IS FREE. Just mention to the attendant that you are with the "Mercury Marauder" car club. Thanks for your support, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information