Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hit and run, no note left

I feel for ya as well---my daughter's new Honda '07 with 5K miles after 11 mos ownership--got hit in her apt. parking lot 2 days ago--she is so upset--right front fender and bumber--pulled bumper apart --I'd say about 25 to 3K damage- she is trying so hard to make it these days and she has some dumbass do this --like said here already--some people don't care----if the AH lives there he is prolly parking elsewhere cause daughter is patrolling each evening with camera for vehicle that left paint damage on hers---hope it wasn't a visitor in the area----

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    I feel your pain. Every door on my MM has parking lot scratches, most are into the metal.

One real wheel well lip has a ding. Wish I could make one claim but nooooo, each one has to be separate and after threee of them in a short period of time it's phiffftz for the insurance.

One or two are from women's rings when they brush up against the car trying to open the door. Diamonds are harder than clear coat.

Regards,

Everything is harder than the clearcoat on these cars! I use to flip everytime I saw another scratch on the car, now I just sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    You didn't get damage from the storm during the last 24 hours? Was sitting on Public Square downtown last night when the storm hit, we were drenched.

Ken
    No, but drove thru a minor hail storm and was afraid I would get damage, but didn't.

Cleaning a car cover is easy. Put it on your car, then wash it, not the drive through kind. The stand there with the stick kind of car wash.

Then towel dry it, take the cover off and make sure you do not get it dirty when you bag it.

Then wash your car.

A camera with motion detection for in car use the is best idea. Nothing beats have a video or pictures of the moron when they hit you. Plus they usually get out and look before fleeing.

Yeah I am still dealing w/ a body shop because of a parking lot hit and run on the MM rear bumper cover about a month ago. Luckily it was the plastic cover only and no metal got involved. The collision shop I used was one of the more expensive ones but the repair they did is not good enough for me, so they are re doing it again this weekend. This is one reason I bought a house out in the middle of nowhere, I can garage my stuff and I don't have to worry about people screwing it up. I used to park in a parking lot every day before I bought the house, and a separate commuter car. I still only have one very tiny ding on the entire car after 2 years, and you can barely tell where it is.
    Steve H., Charles County, MD www.carfap.com
    1994 Lincoln Town Car. 98-02 front brakes, P71 steering and sway bars, Eaton swap build underway using TorkTech 4.6 2v intake kit.
    2011 Infiniti M37x
    2004 F250, v10 6 speed manual. ex-US Forest Service truck
    2000 BMW M5
    1976 Jeep DJ5 (postal)

The only time I see any respect given for other peoples' vehicles is at car meets. Even then some people allow their rugbrats to touch, drool and finger everything that doesn't belong to them. The quality of parenting in general has dropped dramatically in the last fifty years.
    White Lightning Kiarauder:
    2011 Kia Forte EX Minisculus Pimpmobilius Extremus
    Built-in Nav, Bluetooth, USB port, aux/ipod jack, ]2 power ports and Sunroof! six speed auto trans w/ Sportmatic, dead pedal, rear-view camera. Voice cmd for radio, sat, nav, cell phone and MP3.
    Four very muscular, steroid-enhanced, genetically mutated, Mountain Dew injected, wild racing hamsters cavorting under the hood.
    ............................... ...................
    Black Thunder:
    2004 Marauder - Black w/black interior
    Sequence number is 39 of 3213
    Traded in 12/12/10
    --------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder - Dark Blue Pearl
    XCalibrator2/Reinhart tune
    Sequence number is 37 of 327
    10/10/2009 ---- Blue Thunder has gone on to a much better place -----
    Martyo's Garage!!!!!

Get one of those alarms that goes off if the wind is too strong, people won't touch your car then, nor will the kids because they won't want to be annoyed.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Sorry to hear about your car that really sucks .
    ============================== ========

2005 Lincoln LS V8 15000 miles
    1999 Lincoln Town Car 128,000 miles ( Daily driver )
    1997 Mercury Mountaineer 187,000 miles

Get one of those alarms that goes off if the wind is too strong, people won't touch your car then, nor will the kids because they won't want to be annoyed.
    There was a car like that in my apt. complex. I wanted to jump on the roof and cave it in. If I thought about doing something, someone else at some point will actually do it.
    1994 Lincoln Town Car. 98-02 front brakes, P71 steering and sway bars, Eaton swap build underway using TorkTech 4.6 2v intake kit.
    2011 Infiniti M37x
    2000 BMW M5
    1976 Jeep DJ5 (postal)

Well, someone done scratched up and dented the hood now. WTF? No note left. I have a sneaking suspician that it might have been the yard maintenance people at the apartment complex. They trimmed the bushes in between the carport and the fence. I bet you that was when it happened. But I'll never really know. I only noticed it when I actually got out of the car in Downtown Mountain view. I couldn't see the scratches from the drivers seat.

When I used to live in an apt, I would always get really nervous when the yard guys would string trim or mow right up to cars. Ah the joys of living in an apt, I don't miss those days
    2011 Infiniti M37x
    2000 BMW M5
    1976 Jeep DJ5 (postal)

Quote Originally Posted by VicsEvilBrother View Post
    When I used to live in an apt, I would always get really nervous when the yard guys would string trim or mow right up to cars. Ah the joys of living in an apt, I don't miss those days
    Highjack:

Where are you in Laplata? My Grandmother's house, where my Dad grew up, was on St Mary's Ave... You liking it there?

2004 Mercury Marauder DTR:
    #320 of 982 & #1036 of 3213
    NOVI 1200-SL *Supercharged*
    492.6 HP / 430.0 ft-lbs - 09/25/08
    -Full Stainless Exhaust by Exotic (!!!LOUD!!!)
    -Flowmaster Super 44s & 4" Delete Tips - Wes
    -Richmond 4.10's
    -Ford Racing M-4033-G1 Aluminum Axle Girdle
    -Tuned by ZACK
    -Pro-Guard
    -KDW2 Tires
    1998 P-71 POLICE INTERCEPTOR "Embassy Edition"
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 HO 4bb (my first car)
    1982 Ford Clubwagon XLT 5.0 - "Ol' Blue 82"
    1973 Ford Bronco - w/ a Fuel Injected 5.0
    --------------------------------------------------

60' ... 1.927
    1/8 ... 7.932
    MPH ... 92.08
    1/4 ... 12.231
    MPH ... 116.29

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Last weekend someone parked or tried to park next to my Marauder at my apartment complex and apparently sc***** up my car pretty good on the rear door and the wheel well part of the rear quarter panel. They did not leave a note. respect other people's property?
    Sorry for the blurry photo. But here was a picture of the damage back then from this hit and run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just had this done last week. No note left. :-(
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 Mercury Marauder 300B (Daily Driver)
    1988 LTD Crown Victoria S

Quote Originally Posted by 88LTDCV351 View Post
    Just had this done last week. No note left. :-(
    Twice ... that would make me extremely unhappy.
    Previous
    2003 DPB 232 fo 328.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information