Thread: Fuel Tank Outlet problem Solved: Triple Pump Fuel Hat

Fuel Tank Outlet problem Solved: Triple Pump Fuel Hat

I stumbled across this and I believe it can be a possible solution for those of us wishing to push the limits of ours cars....
    This could probably easily be adapted to solve the problem we have when upgrading our fuel systems for major power. The problem I have and many others have came across when upgrading their entire fuel system from fuel pump(s) to injector has been the small line size of the fuel tank hat line. No matter how large a fuel line we run, fuel pump(s) we use, size fuel rail we install, or upgrade our injectors we still have a small fuel line from the fuel pump(s) to the where we connect the fuel line that runs the length of the car. This can solve that issuse and greatly reduce the fuel pressure drop we get there. It would allow use to greatly improve the ease of fuel deliver and the power output/performance of our cars.
    "Better Explaination":
    The major weakness of the stock fuel assembly is the size of the feed at the top of the assembly. No matter how good of a pump you put into the assembly they're trying to push fuel through the small straw sized opening. In addition to that the stock fuel lines, connection at the filter and connection at the fuel rail are all bottlenecks which keep the efficiency of the system very low.

Fore Precision: Triple Pump Fuel Hat
    http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-fuel-hat.html
    One of the main features of the Fore Precision Triple Pump hat is that it's the only system on the market which allows for 3 Ford GT Supercar pumps to be used in tank. You actually have the ability to run 1,2 or 3 pumps at a time so depending on your specific needs you can custom tailor your setup with this piece. In order to run the 3rd pump you'll need to use the Zone 5 Performance MDM Mega Driver. The Mega Driver is an all in 1 driver box similar to an FPDM but allows you to run anywhere from 1-3 pumps at the same time. The MDM Mega Drive provides the pumps with the proper amount of voltage to handle the power that the pumps draw.

Triple Pump Hat Features:

-(3) -6an Outlets for Maximum Flow -Accommodates Dual or Triple Ford GT fuel pumps as well as wiring for Single, Dual and Triple input from the Zone 5 Performance MDM Module.
    -Direct replacement and bolts right in using an OEM gasket for a perfect seal as well as using the OEM fuel sending unit in the same stock location.
    -Eliminates the PPRV and offers a direct in-tank hose routing to both fuel pumps for optimum fuel delivery.
    -Three pairs of gas blocked 12 gauge conductors using 12ga Mil Spec fuel resistant wires for fuel pump wiring to the Zone 5 Performance MDM . This allows your Ford GT pumps to operate without losses from undersized OEM wires and will help in dropping duty cycle. Wiring for the ground and fuel level sender also included.
    -No welding or caulk used in assembly or manufacturing. Full billet components use o-rings, OEM seals, and gas blocked through conductors.
    -All assemblies are pressure tested prior to shipping.

The top hat includes:

CNC Machined & Anodized Top Hat Assembly
    All Gas Blocked wiring for the Pumps, Ground and Level Sender including the proper spade connectors to connect the wires to each fuel pump
    Pre-cut and installed Gates 30R10 Submersible Fuel Hose for each pump
    All XRP an Fittings
    New Bolts for mounting the assembly to the fuel tank

Note: The Top hat assembly when purchased alone does not include: Fuel Pumps, OEM Fuel Level Sender or OEM Gasket. These are items which can be reused from your stock hat assembly or purchased seperately.

In order to run the Triple Pump setup the triple pump option must be purchased. The triple pump upgrade option includes CNC machined 3-1 y-block, third pump retaining o-rings, in tank fuel line, hose clamps, third AN-6 fitting, and third fuel pump prefilter.

The Fore Precision Works top hat can be purchased by itself or as a fully assembled fuel system along with pumps, lines, rails, and the Zone 5 Performance MDM Module.

NOTE: You don't have to run all 3 pumps with this hat for it to function properly. The 3 pump hat can run 1, 2 or 3 pumps. So for those that want to upgrade their fuel system but not add the 3rd pump you can run dual pumps in the hat with a Lethal Performance Dual FPDM kit without having to run the MDM. So as you can see the Fore Triple Pump hat for the 99-04 Cobra/Mach-1/GT can be utilized in many other ways then just a triple pump system. It's versatile, easy to install and best of all performs!

The main site to browse through on your own:
    http://www.lethalperformance.com/for...g23502mikcook5
    Last edited by Loco1234; 07-05-2008 at 01:25 AM.

Simply run 1 AN6 or AN8 line to the front from the 2 or 3 outlets by using this....

Simply run 1 AN6 or AN8 line to the front from the 2 or 3 outlets by using this....
    Fore Precision Works 3-into-1 Y-Block with Fittings

The Fore Precision 3-into-1 Y-Block is cnc machined out of high quality billet aluminum. It's offered in several different fitting combinations so that you can custom tailor it to your specific fuel system needs.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-fittings.html

...and if your still gonna use your stock Fuel line for sometime and do this in stages... simply use the other adapter...

Fore Precision Works S197 Hat-to-Stock Line Adapter

The Fore Hat to stock line adapter is perfect for those looking to upgrade their stock fuel assembly but still retain the use of their stock fuel lines. The hat to stock line adapter simply bolts to the top of the fuel hat with the provided screws and o-rings to provide a leak proof seal. This adapter will only work if you choose to run 1 or 2 pumps in the Fore Precision Works S197 hat. If you're interested in running the optional 3rd pump then you will need to upgrade to aftermarket lines.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...e-adapter.html

Will the Mustang hat fit the Marauder tank?
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

I'm not sure but I plan to call them and see if it can be modified or if they can use a Maruader fuel tank hat as a basis to create a new hat. Hopefully since it is a CNC machine they can just program the new parameters....
    Maybe they will agree if we get a group of people in the Marauder community that wanna do some sort of group buy. Perhaps they would do a limited run.
    Or even decide to offer this to the Marauder/CV/GM community....

If I knew back in 2003 what I know now, I would have converted to a return style fuel system then.

my .02!

whys that? Cost?
    This company offers return style hats as well....
    they would use 2 AN fittings for the Supply(s) and 1 AN fitting for the Return
    totaling 3 line on top of the hat... so it looks the same as shown....

Return Fuel System(s).....new High Performance vehicles

Do any of Fords new High Performance vehicles currently use a return system?
    Does the Shelby 500(KR)
    I don't think the Ford GT does.... Does it....?

No current production vehicles use return style. Vapor emissions are one reason.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Awh I didn't know vapor emissions were the reason but I didn't think the newer high performance Fords used a return style system.
    I plan to call this company 2marrow (Monday) and get some more answers/info.....
    Does anyone have any suggestions of questions to ask that I may not have thought of...

Why not use your stock hat and bulkhead fittings?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Jeez that seems almost to cost effectice.... LOL
    have you tryed this?
    Will it seal well and pass snffer test etc...?

How can that assembly work in a stock fuel tank??

Our assembly mounts to the front of the tank and must turn 90 degrees to reach the bottom of the tank....that thing would just go in and hang in mid tank wouldn't it??

Marauderjack

As is... it would probably not function well...
    I'm sorry; although I planned to contact the company today to see about a marauder solution...I have not gotten the chance... Simply too busy at work...
    I will hopefully have more time to speak with the company today... although if anyone else is so incline please feal free to reach out to them yourself.
    I would presume a 90degree turn under the hat would not be a very difficult thing to accomplish. Preticularly since they have this programmed into a CNC machine.
    This could however be a good solution for those pushing the limits of a2 GT pump setup with a stock hat. This could reduce the losses found at the line passing through the hat by increasing line size.
    ...and their 3 pump option using their custom "MDM" instead of 2 FPDM's sounds promising to reduce duty cycle and allowing for 3 pump control.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco1234 View Post
    Jeez that seems almost to cost effectice.... LOL
    have you tryed this?
    Will it seal well and pass snffer test etc...?
    Looks like what they're using...

Thread Information