So I was looking in an old thread of mine about a clicking sound that after a trip to the dealer I found out it was the shock insulator and shock. The dealer replaced it under warranty. I don't have any warranty and I'm hearing the sound again. I went to look in my old thread to see which one I had replaced because it's most likely the other one now. Then I saw this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BUICKMAN View Post
I Had The Exact Same Problem With My 2003 Marauder. My Nephew Listened To It While I Slowly Moved The Car Forward Then Back. He Determined That The Popping And Creaking Were Coming From The Shock Insulator On The Drivers Side. We Removed The Top Bolt On The Shock, Then Removed The Big Rubber Insulator. He Lubricated It Well, Put It Back And Tightened The Shock Bolt And The Pop/creak Was Gone. I Have Been Driving It For 5 Days So Far And It Has Not Come Back Yet.
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...9&postcount=12

So my question is removing the top bolt on the shock, does the car need to be jacked up? Do I need a breaker bar? Putting it back do I need to tq it? Now the rubber insulator what should I use to lube it?

Or could I just spray it with WD-40 since that and duck tape can fix just about anything.