Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windshield Took A Hit

Unhappy Windshield Took A Hit

Could have been worse.

Just noticed it yesterday, and have not driven the MM since Sunday.

About the diameter of a dime just above the passenger wiper.

Claim submitted, and will be calling around for a replacement.

First windshield replacement since I have been driving.

Mike.

ouchy looks like it shouild have made a monster sound on impact.. sorry to see your baby hurt ... 1st windshield WOW i have one in almost every car i have drivin ..not this one yet (knock on wood)
    Norrin Radd

SURFING WITH THE ALIEN.......SWEET

If love is blind,why is lingerie so POPULAR ?????

Only two words really come to mind...."Dang Dude!!" .......as spoken by CBT

Mike, I dunno about your local area, but when we needed a new windscreen in The Blackbird I called SafeLite, who directed me to a local shop...I told them I wanted a Marauder windscreen, not a Grand Marquis one, and they were very accomodating. They got the right one, installed it while Bunny waited, and did a great job. No leaks or squeaks.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Sorry to see that mike but glad its nothing more serious than that.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

Press on it to spread the crack or the insurance company will repair it. In Florida - there is NO deductible for windshields and they do not count against you.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

I contacted my agent this morning and put in a glass claim for replacement.

When asking about OEM replacement (Dot Matrix), Anita told me they will not use OEM unless the car is under 2 years old.

When I told her the mileage on the MM, (28,500) she changed the policy to a "Pleasure Vehicle" lowering my rates near $100.00 per year.

She gave me the names of 3 companies recommended by them, and will be calling today for availability.

As an option, I could pay the difference of the OEM vs. standard replacement if I choose.

Mike.

Do what you can in getting Carlite.

BTW, my MM is on it's 3rd Windshield.
    (#6178 in black per FPIC)
    Call 1-800-FORD-788 and press "1". Have the last 6 of your VIN handy. You will get the numbers for FREE. You'll pay $$$ for the certificate.

MM traded in 8/9/13 @ 128909 miles. It was fun for almost 8 years. I met airmercpun on 1/17/14. He was the new owner of my former ride. -Now gone.

Update: back in the game with a late build 03 GMGS with some MM add ons like Escape audiophile radio w/Sirius sat radio, rear sway bar, catback exhaust, and header panel.

Rest In Peace:
    Alex "Marauderboi" Vachon 3/2/92-8/13/10
    Paula Babineau 1/9/67-8/2/11
    Rex Weinbender
    Peter

See my garage file for part numbers and whatnot.

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't or no longer own the MM can feel.

I had a golf ball smash the one in my other MM.

It was great....Driving down the road, jamming to AC/DC, next thing I know I'm screaming and have a golf ball in the passanger seat. It was a nice high speed slice in combo with me going 60mph. LOVELY.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

I just had mine replaced again a couple of months ago thru my insurance and Carlite was no problem. The first one I paid for because I didn't want to put it thru insurance, and it cost me $150 for Carlite, (I was working for a Ford dealer at that time and the glass shop gave me a good price) The Carlite windshields cost glass shops much much less that if you bought it from Ford. Go figure

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Ditto what RoyLPita said, Get Carlite, not some aftermarket stuff!

Paid for my own out of pocket whan one of mine was only 1 year old!

GordonB
    2003 MM DBP (BLUE) (300B) w/Lt Flint (Hers); htd seats, 6 CD. PCM s/w level CRD1.
    Mods:Trunk Liner from Decklid Designs, Sunroof (ASC Model 840), McGard wheel locks, Godshead badges--steering & grill (fm Ron), Mac/Marty's Fender Badges, Silverstar Headlights, FLM accs--rear spoiler, door edge guards & trunk organizer. Bob White graphics. KB Dead Pedal & Polished Alum. Pedals. M&Z rear cntrl arms. DR (Addco) rear sway bar (24mm). Pro-Gard rear close-out panel. TCE Perf. braided SS brake lines.
    Born 5/22/03 and adopted 7/21/03. One of 328 DBP for 2003 out of 7838. Build seq. nbr: 7500 of 7838. Color seq. nbr: 282 of 328.

2004 DTR MM w/Lt Flint (His) with htd seats, 6 CD, Fact. Sunroof; born 6/15/04, adopted 7/8/04; one of 980 DTR for 2004 out of 3213. Upgraded same as Blue MM. Build seq. nbr: 3165 of 3214. Color seq. nbr: 973 of 980.

Other cars: '00 'Vette Coupe (Nassau Blue). '14 Vette Coupe (Lime Rock Green)
    Car Clubs: MBCC

Mike, if you can watch them do the job. I had the windshielld replaced on a Ranger a few years back, the installer scratched the paint underneath the weatherstripping. Next thing I know I see rust in the area, which required replacing the windshield again and fixing the rust problem. Of course it's never the same after rust starts...
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

The replacement cost on mine was estimated at $208.00. Let me know what you end up doing. The ford parts site say $154.44(discounted) just for the glass.
    If I gave a crap about gas mileage I would own a bicycle. With my luck I may have to go bike shopping tomorrow.
    Black '03 300a SOLD. 1993 Crown Victoria LX. 5.4L Supercharged/6speed. SOLD. New ride:

I am leaving work early to visit the glass installer as they should have the replacement windshield. My appointment is for 2:00 PM today for the glass swap.

I will very much be there to watch the R&R from beginning to end. Might even have my DSLR in hand.

According to the woman working there, the windshield should be exactly what I currently have. I am doubting this.

If not, I will ask the cost difference of a Carlite and reschedule from there.

I never did get a cost difference, but find it interesting what you guys have posted thus far.

Stay tuned...

Mike.

Update;

Just returned from having the new windshield installed and must say the guy did an awesome job!

No personality to speak of. I mean none.

Doesn't matter as it was apparent he took pride in his work, and has 21 years experience in this field.

Took just under an hour start to finish.

Oh, and the windshield installed is the Ford CarLite matching the original windshield perfectly.

No additional charges. Not a penny out-of-pocket.

For you Bluegrass Marauders...

I went to MTD on Bardstown Road not 1 mile from where I live.

They will come to you, but was looking for an excuse to leave the office early today.

Mike.

Good deal Mike. Any info on cost?
    If I gave a crap about gas mileage I would own a bicycle. With my luck I may have to go bike shopping tomorrow.
    Black '03 300a SOLD. 1993 Crown Victoria LX. 5.4L Supercharged/6speed. SOLD. New ride:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information