Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix anyone?

Netflix anyone?

Pros? Cons? I've heard nothing but good from people who have it. I don't have a lot of free time, I like the idea of them ****znitz just showing up and getting the hellz out when I'm thru with them. Like, well, hookers. Plus, it saves me from going to BlockBusterz, where it never fails, I'm trying to read the cover of some life changing, spiritually uplifting movie (like American Pie VII, Jack Horners Revenge) and some r-tard is talking on thier cell phone at full volume about getting thier toenails did, practically begging me to round house kick that phone clean out the other side of thier fat head. So does anyone here have Netflix and have an opinion on Netflix?

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

its handy. keep movies as long as you want , return em whenever in prepaid return envelopes. service is quick, you can keep a library of movies selected and switch their delivery times online, i.e., if you had 10 already in your library and a new one came out , you could move it to the top of the list. I have 3 out at a crack-costs 17 bucks a month for that.
    [SIGPIC]
    2003 Marauder 300A
    5148 of 7839
    Bone Stock except ss inserts and martyo fender badges
    20 % tint all around

Don't know much about hookers but if they work as effortlessly as Netflix.....wait a minute, where am I going with this train of thought......Bottom line, Netflix is easy, in fact I gave up cable TV. We have the 6- at- a time plan. Try that with hookers!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Try that with hookers!

sounds expensive!
    [SIGPIC]
    2003 Marauder 300A
    5148 of 7839
    Bone Stock except ss inserts and martyo fender badges
    20 % tint all around

I use Redbox DVD rentals that are in Stop & Shop supermarkets. They rent thru a self dispensing vending machine for a $1 a night. Try to get a hooker for that . I rent them and burn a copy, but you didn't hear that from me.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

I have the online Blockbuster deal where I get 3 at a time and a coupon once a month for a free movie or game. The mailer movies can be returned thru the mail or swapped out at the store for a new movie or game. This works out great and we always have new movies for $19 a month.
    I had something interesting to put here but I lost it in transition... damn... now I'll never rememeber... You know who should be maddest of all? All of you reading this because up till now you've been looking for something good. And I got nothing... Sorry.

Netflix is great I say go for it, you can start with a basic plan and upgrade if you like it, cancel if you don't.

If you're vigilant it's really worth it. Their catalog is extensive. I got a dang DVD all about tractors and it was a freakin' home video from Britain. I mean they got lots of stuff.

Vigilant is the key, it's like a buffet you gotta committ to go back alot to get your moneys worth. If you sit on your dvd's you still pay the monthly fee, if you're awesome you can stagger them and have a new movie or show every night.
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

I found the blockbuster dvds to be in better condition then the Netflix ones plus you get e-coupons to stores in your area for free game rents and can bring the movies to the store for quick exchanges if there is a movie that you just gotta see
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Netflix is great. Keep them as long as you want and stick them in the mail when your done. I pay $5 a month for 2 movies a month, which is all the spare time i have. A great service for me so far.

I have 3 at a time rentals with Netflix and love it. The free unlimited video streaming is a bonus. While there isn't a ton of mainstream movies to watch online, there is a great selection of TV series. (The Office, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, etc.)

I use my Mac Mini to stream videos on my big screen TV.

Hey thanks for all the info, peoples. I started with the "1 at a time as many as I want in a month" option, only because usually when I rent 2 at a time from Blockbuster, I watch 1, then both sit on my coffee table for weeks. And until I read your responses I didn't even know Blockbuster had basically the same type program. Mebbe tonight I will spend some time looking thru Netflix' catalog of movies. See if they got some good old car chase movies like The 7-ups, or McQ, or The French Connection, or To Live and Die in L.A.

WIN WIN!~ Zack

very nice program!!! I have had it a couple months now and it is great, the movies just keep coming and you can add new movies that are on video or that just came out and when they are in they get mailed to you, try the intro and you will see how good it is!

Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    Mebbe tonight I will spend some time looking thru Netflix' catalog of movies. See if they got some good old car chase movies like The 7-ups, or McQ, or The French Connection, or To Live and Die in L.A.
    Own those already and a couple more:
    Vanishing Point
    The Driver
    Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
    and a bunch of newer ones, but they don't stack up against the Oldies but Goodies.

I would recommend Grindhouse "Deathproof" if you like Tarintino and old Mopars.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Quote Originally Posted by larryo340 View Post
    Vanishing Point
    The Driver
    Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
    and a bunch of newer ones, but they don't stack up against the Oldies but Goodies.

You, Sir, get 1 of these.....and 2 of these

WIN WIN!~ Zack

Quote Originally Posted by larryo340 View Post
    Vanishing Point
    The Driver
    Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Also ....

Bullitt
    Two-Lane Hardtop
    Thunder Road
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information