Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: disable seatbelt chime

FYI, this does not work on all Marauders... my 300A can't be shut off. Even the great Zack has tried... so I went to my local dealer, asked for the seat belt extensions for larger people and plugged them in... no more chime
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

Quote Originally Posted by Curless View Post
    FYI, this does not work on all Marauders... my 300A can't be shut off. Even the great Zack has tried... so I went to my local dealer, asked for the seat belt extensions for larger people and plugged them in... no more chime
    Did you wait a minute for the seatbelt light to go off before buckling and unbuckling? I thought the light would never go out!!!!
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 (sold)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 (sold)
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - shitbox (sold)
    2004 DTR - shitbox #2

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I survived rolling around in cars as a youth with no belts on..

Maybe all occupants should wear full face helmets too? Don't forget fire suppression, safety glass all around, and maybe some armor plating too!

Safety nazis will never have enough opinions.. The good lord will take you when he is ready. Simple as that!

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

I used to agree with you. Back then, cars felt like they were going faster than they really were so folks paid more attention. Now, they go 80 and feel like 45. Plus, we didn't have all these unattentive, texting drivers back then---just go ol' drunks that you could follow the swerve and shoot-the-curl by them.

I was in a head on collision with no seatbelt a couple of decades ago. Still have daily, painful reminders of that one and still didn't wear my seatbelt until my wife's head on collision (by a young, texting driver) 2 yrs ago. I was one of the first people on the scene. I wear one religiously now.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    The internet saves the day again. This is good info. I have a 97lb German Shepherd service dog and have to buckle the passenger seat belt because the car thinks she's a person. Been making her ride in the back most of the time.
    I hope you disable that passenger airbag. Brandy is going to be wollupped if that sucker goes off for whatever reason.

Ok.... Can we disable the door locks "auto lock".... And can we disable the open door chime???

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

First thing I did was disable the automatic door locking feature. The procedure was in the owner's manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gccch View Post
    I hope you disable that passenger airbag. Brandy is going to be wollupped if that sucker goes off for whatever reason.
    Didn't think of that. Should have, she's already been hit by one and wasn't injured. (God loves us.) In December I had a seizure (TBI from IED in Iraq) while driving my truck on the way back from a VA appointment and totaled it. She was in the passenger seat at the time. When I came to after, she was in the bed of the truck. (rear window broke) Got the Marauder with insurance money from the truck.

I still make her ride in the back. I tried the disable thing yesterday and it didn't take. The chime went off again within a couple miles. She's too big for the front seat anyway and has to put her front legs across the console. Some times she will lay her head right across the top of the shifter and on my leg....

Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 06-22-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    2003 Marauder... the gentleman's hot rod.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Didn't think of that. Should have, she's already been hit by one and wasn't injured. (God loves us.) In December I had a seizure (TBI from IED in Iraq) while driving my truck on the way back from a VA appointment and totaled it. She was in the passenger seat at the time. When I came to after, she was in the bed of the truck. (rear window broke) Got the Marauder with insurance money from the truck.

I still make her ride in the back. I tried the disable thing yesterday and it didn't take. The chime went off again within a couple miles. She's too big for the front seat anyway and has to put her front legs across the console. Some times she will lay her head right across the top of the shifter and on my leg....

She's a sweetie! Glad you both made it out of that truck.

You gotta love service dogs.Great companions..Can't beat when they rush to beat the wife to greet you when you come home..
    Just buckle the seat belt behind you..No chime..I'm going to try the key chime delete..

Just go to the junkyard and get a seat belt clip and cut it I got 2 for 10 bucks !! Really simple

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information