Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooper Institute Show - Anyone Interested?

Cooper Institute Show - Anyone Interested?

I know its early but last year in June I went to a hell of a car show at the Cooper Institute. Lots of high dollar euro cars, plenty of Ferraris, Porsches, Jags, Lambos ect... , not your average store parking lot show. I dont even know if they award trophys (probably not). It is a very nice place, you park in the grass under the trees and it would make a nice day for our club. It costs $10 per car to enter and Im sure we would have to register way early for it. Anybody else interested? Beats sweating our butts off in some mall parking lot!

http://www.cooperaerobics.com/corporate/CarShow.aspx
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

That looks really cool. This far in advance I'll plan on it. It would be great if we could get a whole slew of Marauders there. Maybe we could get Mike (sid210sa) from San Antonio
    with the Alamo gang and Pat (pat) from Shreveport with some of the Houston crew and Maury and all the usual suspects from North Texas. This would be a great time for a summer Texas, Ok and Louisiana GTG.

Marauderville Texas style.........

Great find man!!
    Ex Marauder owner,
    May 5th, 2003, March Bought new
    February 2007, Installed Trilogy,
    March 30th, 2011, sold to a great home.

Great car, great people, great times, wonderful memories.

Hey Jim, count me in. But it's your ball so keep us reminded in the May time frame and I'll beat the drums.

With my killer story board and my precious little gorilla mascot I'm sure I'll get a door prize.

Not for public consumption, but Patrica pulled back the curtain, just a little, about my Christmas gift. It's Marauder related but will not be available by Dec 25, (so I'll get a wrapped package with a picture of the item inside).

She Say's it's back ordered and won't be in for a couple of months. Wondering, wondering.

Regards,

I'll try to be there. IF my finish is cleaned up by then (it should be) I will enter my car. BTW, one of my buddies saw your MM there in the parking lot this year Jim.

And, to echo the original post, it was a hell of a show. Here are a few pics from this year to give you an idea of the classics and the layout, not your typical parking lot show! http://www.flickr.com/photos/comatox/sets/72157605509729590/

Ok, after seeing that I have a question. Is this thing just for high dollar "exotics" or do you think they will be amenable to having some real cars like ours there?

Short but very true story. A good friend of mine who was in charge of a factory Lamborghini track day told another friend of mine, who drives SCCA, not to bring his 2 liter GTI out because he knew many of the Lambo drivers probably couldn't keep up with his VW. He didn't want some of the high dollar riders embarrassed.

Now I really doubt that any Rolls Royce owner is going to feel "inadequate" being
    around around a bunch a very cool Marauders but I certainly don't want to make some one uncomfortable.

Jim since, as Pat has said, this is your ball do you think you might contact them and grease the way?
    Ex Marauder owner,

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post

Patrica pulled back the curtain, just a little, about my Christmas gift. It's Marauder related
    The lady definitely has class...........
    Ex Marauder owner,

There were some muscle cars at the show, not too many though. Ill contact them in a couple of months and see what they say. Hopefully everything will be fine. I just wanted to guage our interest right now.

Update: Went ahead and sent them an email and already got a response that we are welcome to participate. The date will be sometime late May/early June, I told him we may have up to 15 cars. Sticking to the marque, I recommend this show be exclusively MM's and hope all will understand.
    Last edited by Vortex; 12-05-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Jim, thanks for the update. My buddy who took the pics is somewhat of a perfectionist and never "finished" the other 200+ he has so did not host them. There were all kinds of cars there, ours (mine likely being in the worst shape of the group here) will be welcome. Hey, I know "car guys" that are worth millions, they're still "car guys" and will appreciate what you have condsidering how you maintain and mod your MM's.

Count me in, I will have the finish as good as it can get without a complete repaint and may have the blower in by then too Someone has to rep the elusive DBP's!

Thanks for checking, this looks like fun.

I will be out of town and on the road the last two week ends in May. I hope it's not then.
    Ex Marauder owner,

I'm in... last year I went to fabulous fords in cali and had a blast meeting 4 other MM owners and we all parked together. Amazing how many car enthusiasts have no idea what a Marauder is.

btw...I am have some really nasty paint blistering issues here too. If this is such a common occurance on our cars, shouldn't FOMOCO own up to crummy paint or prep or whatever causes it?

blisters or not, I'll bring some wicked queso and if the show allows it (fabulous fords was ok with a pot luck thing but beer was defintiely prohibited), maybe we can all share a cold beverage and some hot queso

5062 of 7839 300A's
    SCT tuner 030108 - Gratzi to Donnie SLK Merc
    JLT CAI 030808 - TY to Steve in FLA
    Eibach springs 032408 - KB shocks
    Dark tint
    Manny at HPP dyno tuned- 110808- holy moley!
    31 spline axles and 4.10 gears
    Upgraded driveshaft and loop
    277 HP and 308 ft lbs so far

Steeda underdrive pulleys still waiting to go in.

I think I have the only MM in Fargo and maybe the only one in ND

Ill find out about what we can bring in a few months and post it here, thanks for the offer. I have a feeling no beer, its a health institute so they probably discourage it. Ill find out either way. Hopefully we can all get together at Two Rows sometime in Jan or Feb just for the heck of it as well.
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

.............................. .......
    Last edited by Aren Jay; 01-27-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Bump to clear our resident Canadian Psycho's response.

Tango Yankee
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Can I get a tentative head count on this event now? The date is Sunday, June 14 from noon til 4 pm. This show is really nice but it needs to be only MMs', no GMs or CVs this time as it is a marque show (hope you guys understand), and if you are in the cars need to stay there til 4pm. They are parked in the grass under the trees (if we are lucky) and this is not a hotrod show per se, lots of Ferraris, Lambos ect.. I think ten (10) MMs max would be good and not overwhelming. More info to follow. Who can I pencil in from our NTM group? (first come first served)
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information