Thread: rear alignment???

rear alignment???

Got new tires. And an alignment. Guy said he also adjusted the rear end alignment. Don't know where he got the settings as I can't find them in the shop manual.
    2003 Marauder 1907 of 7838
    Built 06/24/02 Bought 10/25/02 Sold 1/5/19
    Reinhart chip,stat,plugs
    McGard locks
    Mercury logo valve/plate bolt caps
    Bob White black reflective letters
    Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
    Kicker 10" sub and 250 watt amp
    Gods Head spinners by Jerry

How many miles were on your car when you had to get new tires? Also, did you stay with the stock size? As for the specs, maybe he got them here?
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

dailydriver Guest
    The rear end on our cars has a solid alxe. There is no alignment that can be done. Only the front is adjusted.

Dave: 27k on tires. Went with the same tire as OEM. Have not seen specs for read end mentioned here.

Dailydriver: What keeps the axle at 90 degree to the frame? That has to be some kind of adjustment.
    2003 Marauder 1907 of 7838
    Built 06/24/02 Bought 10/25/02 Sold 1/5/19
    Reinhart chip,stat,plugs
    McGard locks
    Mercury logo valve/plate bolt caps
    Bob White black reflective letters
    Pioneer AVH-X2500BT
    Kicker 10" sub and 250 watt amp
    Gods Head spinners by Jerry

Thanks for the info, and i guess since i have no choice ill be doing the same.
    Dave

300a
    production date 06-05-02
    686 of 7838
    Trilogy Supercharged #159
    NV "MARAUDR"

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by Donald
    Dailydriver: What keeps the axle at 90 degree to the frame? That has to be some kind of adjustment.

The control arms.
    I'm not aware of any adjustment for control arm positioning on any of my cars, but I suppose a little quality time with my service manual is in order for tonight...

dailydriver Guest
    Triple Trans Am is correct. The control arms and panhard bar triangulate the rear end. There is no apparent adjustment to these with the exception of altering ride height. If there were an adujstment it would not align the tires. The caster/camber and toe are fixed on any solid axle rear end.

What the tech is referring to is the thrust alignment. Think of this as how the rear end tracks.

Mitch

Triple Trans Am is correct. The control arms and panhard bar triangulate the rear end. There is no apparent adjustment to these with the exception of altering ride height. If there were an adujstment it would not align the tires. The caster/camber and toe are fixed on any solid axle rear end.

TripleTransAm Guest
    Originally posted by MitchB
    What the tech is referring to is the thrust alignment. Think of this as how the rear end tracks.

But we can agree that there is indeed no adjustment for this other than removal/replacement of faulty control arms, right? If not, I'd be very interested in where this adjustment can be made, for my own future reference.

Unless there is something unique about the Marauder, I do not believe the rear end is 'adjustable'. Within production tolerances, I doubt it would ever be worth the effort to get the thrust angle dead on. The only time this would ever be a real problem is if the chassis were bent in an accident

Mitch

But we can agree that there is indeed no adjustment for this other than removal/replacement of faulty control arms, right? If not, I'd be very interested in where this adjustment can be made, for my own future reference.

Thread Information