Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

What do you mean NY and PA; snowing at my house this morning.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

The guy trying to sell his S/C for $45K in the Marauders for Sale thread is really starting to piss me off...

I'm suprised there haven't been more responses to his badly-written introduction.
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

The best friend a person could have

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IwantmyMMnow! View Post
    The guy trying to sell his S/C for $45K in the Marauders for Sale thread is really starting to piss me off...

I'm suprised there haven't been more responses to his badly-written introduction.
    just the S/C or is the car included, what is his/her user name?
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Link to thread....

In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

There is always a heavy demand for fresh mediocrity. In every generation the least cultivated taste has the largest appetite. - Paul Gauguin

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Why are you letting it bother you Kyle?

You know he won't sell it for that much....

Just add him to your ignore list.... not worth getting upset about B.S. ...
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

Yup, You, me, Kyle, and about everyone else but the OP...

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Well, the MM survived the cut, the Evil Orb did not. All over but getting the best financing. KIA Sorento crossover for new daily driver/beater. Has more toys than the MM and LS8. Before you laugh, this month's MT said buy it over the Ford Explorer. 5yr/60K bumper to bumper, 10yr/100K power train warranty. So, the MM will probably have a hot 2K miles or less put on her this year. The Sorento is nothing special, but it beats the Ord to death and is alleged to get 32MPG highway. We'll see. It will be going to the beach in SC twice this year.
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Hey RayRay on the new Sorrento. What color did you get? Options, pics etc etc.

Hey you have the car, now you need to visit the town it's near Naples

Sup Eric? I wanted a Mazda CX5, but their very hot here and unavailable. So, I actually went to look at a Sportage. Drove a really hot looking red metallic one. Decided my back did not like the drivers seat and the trunk was barely passable for our needs. So the salesman talked me into driving the Sorento. Its Bright Silver Metallic, 2.4Lt, 4 banger with direct gas injection (191HP) feeding a 6 spd slush box that can be shifted manually (great for winter). FWD instead of AWD. Being retired/disabled I felt I didn't need the added expense and lower MPG of AWD. Plus it has stability/traction control for driving in snow/ice. Not a race car by any means, but I wasn't looking for one either. The engine seems adequate for our needs. Handles pretty good for its size. All the toys including a nifty rear backup camera in the rear view mirror. That maybe not be so useable in a real winter here. We'll see in 6 months. Really nice stereo, but no nav. Have a Tom Tom anyway. I won't have to feel like I'm surrounded when I go to the dump. It will fit all my shooting range gear no problem. Really looking forward to seeing what it will actually get MPG wise on the highway. I was not looking forward to paying the gas bill for 2K trip in July/October using the MM. Plenty of hiding spots for junk, drinks. Just made a lot more sense than the Evil Orb or running more miles on the MM, which is now really relegated to toy status. I need to still shake out a tuning problem on it. The air is not working, but know what the prob is and it gets fixed next Friday. I won't drive it at night for fear of hitting a giant horned forest rat. The Sorento has the high/low heated seats the MM has and it was kinder to my back. Also has fog lights, a must here in the hills. Airbags everywhere. I'll need to read the book on this one. Just too many new toys too use. I wish it had the sweet all in one switchblade key the Sportage came with.
    Still, it would have been a lot cheaper if I had sold the MM, but no sense in starting WW3 in the house. Well, if I feel the need for speed, she'll be out there waiting.
    I'll try to post pics when I actually have the car. I believe I can beat their financing deal with a local credit union. So, I'll play them off against each other.

Momma mia, I just bought a Kia! 2nd pic is just like the one I bought, color, wheel wise, fog lamps, which I actually need here. I like the wheels on the 1st one better, but its not a biggy to me. Practical is the operative word here.

Last edited by rayjay; 04-29-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add stock photos
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Looks good Ray. I saw the same article on the Sorento as you. I drove the "new" Explorer and I think you probably made a good choice in the Sorento.
    Silver is easy to keep clean too so no long days polishing dark colors. More time for drinkin' beers lol. Hope your happy with it. Hey to your crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Looks good Ray. I saw the same article on the Sorento as you. I drove the "new" Explorer and I think you probably made a good choice in the Sorento.
    Silver is easy to keep clean too so no long days polishing dark colors. More time for drinkin' beers lol. Hope your happy with it. Hey to your crowd.
    Yeppers, I actually was thinking of your Mrs's Silver when I looked at this one and what you have always said about that color. Hope you guys are good. I see Paul & Vo are enjoying their cruise. SOS here. Winter arrived very late, then hot, then back to winter, with snow 3 times in the last two weeks. SoCo is looking better and better...

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post

You're right...I've backed away from the keyboard. Got caught up in the 'moment' and reverted back to my old ways. (An argumentative, sarcastic, SOB...now I'm just an SOB )

Ugh....not one of my better moments....

Fortunately I had my kids this weekend as a 'distraction', otherwise I probably would've spent the entire weekend posting Lord knows what...
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Congrats on your new wheels, rayjay. Which SC beach do you frequent? I lived just north of Charleston for 4 years until I moved here at the beginning of this year. Me and the fam (when we were still together) would usually go to Folly. When I was a kid, we would always go to N Myrtle.
    In Memoriam....11-14-13

Rex Weinbender

In Memoriam...05-26-14
    Lillian Kostac

I love you grandma!!!

Page 1 of 39 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread Information