Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rear fascia and tail lights

rear fascia and tail lights

im trying to get rid of the reflector on my 99. so do the MM or CVS rear fascia and tail lights bolt directly to the MGM?

...thanks

Should fit no problem. If i was you i'd get the parts of a cvpi in the junkyard and night shade the tail lights.

Problem solved and solved cheap.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Just paint over it

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Should fit no problem. If i was you i'd get the parts of a cvpi in the junkyard and night shade the tail lights.

Problem solved and solved cheap.
    sounds good to me. thanks.

noooooooo you cant just swap the rear from a MGM to a CV rear. you will have fitment issues i think the bumper needs to be replaces as well

you can get the same result just by painting it

too much crap on the car to list it all

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958325

CV facia to MGM is ok but you will have a gap in the bumper cover.

MGM facia to CV is not ok because bumper covers are different.

...ok sounds like i'll be painting.

so do i jus typical sand, prime and spray?

you could or you can use niteshades on the tails, this way you can keep the reflectiveneseseses of the rear fascia and it will alow you to controll how dark you want to shade the back. or if you want to completelly make it black than yea, sand, primer, paint, clear, wetsand and you will be golden!!!

too much crap on the car to list it all

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958325

Quote Originally Posted by sanco View Post
    you could or you can use niteshades on the tails, this way you can keep the reflectiveneseseses of the rear fascia and it will alow you to controll how dark you want to shade the back. or if you want to completelly make it black than yea, sand, primer, paint, clear, wetsand and you will be golden!!!
    out working on the car i seen an idea to do with the fascia, i might try it out. but please fill me in on these nightshades if u would.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmsleeper View Post
    out working on the car i seen an idea to do with the fascia, i might try it out. but please fill me in on these nightshades if u would.

Its pretty much clearcoat with a little black in it... you can tint the tailights a little or a lot depending on how many coats you want, but unlike paint, it is transparent when light is behind it..... Black tailights light up red.
    4257 of 7839 03 300A- SOLD
    2006 Ford Fusion I4 5 Speed
    2004 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by hot-rauder View Post
    Its pretty much clearcoat with a little black in it... you can tint the tailights a little or a lot depending on how many coats you want, but unlike paint, it is transparent when light is behind it..... Black tailights light up red.
    thanks. will look into it

Quote Originally Posted by mgmsleeper View Post
    thanks. will look into it

If you want it to look like a MM, paint it. If you want it to look like a tinted tailight panel, niteshade it.

BTW for Niteshade to look actually black, you must clear coat it. Otherwise its an off green color.
    4257 of 7839 03 300A- SOLD
    2006 Ford Fusion I4 5 Speed
    2004 Mach 1

Sorry to steer you wrong, i allways thought the rears were interchangable.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by hot-rauder View Post
    If you want it to look like a MM, paint it. If you want it to look like a tinted tailight panel, niteshade it.

BTW for Niteshade to look actually black, you must clear coat it. Otherwise its an off green color.
    not trying to clone the MM, jus was trying to get rid of some of the reflector. im still thinking on what to do. i appreciate the info tho

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Sorry to steer you wrong, i allways thought the rears were interchangable.
    its cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information