Thread: Torque Converter - Headers

Torque Converter - Headers

Many people have discussed swapping torque converters and or installing headers. I am curious to see if anyone has done this and what issues you ran into. How about performance gains?
    2 shoes and a nice pair of comfy socks

I'll be doing a convertor mid-November... Stay tuned...

Have you given any thought to the speed and or the brand of TC?

over in the land of the bowtie, it seems as if vigilante, yank and keith neal are the more expensive options, ...slp and others for budget app.s. i had keith neal build a 10" w/anti baloon custom for me, but for a hundered or so more you can get a 9.5" vigi w/2 year warranty and 1 free stall change. oh yeah i went with custom headers tri-t's w 1 5/8 primary's. probably on the order of what dennis is working on for y'all. mens..i would think headers would give you a definite benefit w/the s/c, if you're cramming the air in, you'll want to get it out just as efficiently. rock on, rus

Thanks Rus, I'll let you know what I decide... Where to stop, the money goes so fast!!!! Now only if the car will!
    Last edited by mensrea; 10-31-2002 at 02:28 PM.

Peak torque is at 4200rpm. Torque convertors should be spec'd for roughly 7-800rpm below the peak torque mark, so in this case, 3400rpm would be appropriate. Not being one that wants to go quite that high, I'm thinking a 3000rpm stall would be pretty much bang on.

I am trying to get the club a deal on a 3500 stall converter, right now PI stalion is the best, they use a three stage lock up, and billet cover the company here in Jacksonville that builds my 4R70W say in a few months they can build one just as good for much less, I will keep you posted and headers are just not worth the effort unless you are planning on a S/C

Thread Information