Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smashed Marauder Update: 9 weeks and still no Marauder

Smashed Marauder Update: 9 weeks and still no Marauder

Well, friends, I've just about given up on ever seeing my Marauder on the road again. We're heading into the ninth week since my accident and Ford still can not get my body shop a key part to repair my car.

Along the rocker panel area, attached to the floor pan, is an aluminum structural rail that is holding up the entire show. This part, by the way, is apparently not present on other Panther cars. First Ford tried to tell my body shop that the part in question didn't exist. Then, after 2 to 3 weeks of arguing they finally acknowleged that it did exist but that it could not be purchased seperately; it had to be purchased with the full floor pan. So, we wait for the floor pan to arrive. And wait. And wait. Finally it arrives, but guess what? The aluminum rail is not included with the floor pan. So we call the Ford parts people who insist that the part is included. After faxing photos back and forth we finally convince them that we did not get the part we need.

What do I find now? The part I do need is back ordered. For how long? Who knows? Nobody seems to be able to give me a straight answer on that.

So as I enter the ninth week without my car I begin to realize what a horrible mistake I made buying a Ford product. My friends, that is a mistake I will never repeat. This company is hemorrhaging money and for good reason. Their quality control sucks, their parts inventory management sucks and they clearly could not care less about their customers.

Yes, I'm angry. Actually, I'm incensed. I'm pissed that I gave this worthless company $36k of my money. I'm pissed that I trusted them to get me my parts in a timely manner. I should have been on the phone the very first day lighting up the entire parts channel and making them all fear my name. But I didn't. I played the good customer and trusted them. Well that trust is completely gone now, Ford. As if anybody at Ford cared.

If I ever get my car back, and I stress if, I'm seriously considering selling it at a huge loss and then buying something from another manufacturer.

What a horrible, horrible mistake buying my Marauder was.
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2007 Lincoln Town Car
    1993 Crown Victoria LX

4th, that news truly sucks, as we were wondering how your car was coming along. Hope you the best and hopefully the factory will send the part you need once they get their act together.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Fourth I can understand your frustration, but don't think this couldn't have happened if your car was another brand.

You love your Marauder. Don't let that change. You did not make a mistake buying it
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Hey Forth Horseman,
    Sorry to hear about the probs with Ford. I've been wondering what was up with your car. I've shown pics of your MM to freinds as proof of how strong our cars are. all were impressed.

Maybe you can push to get it totalled? Dude, It sucks that a some corperate a-holes can sour you on this great machine. I really hope it works out in your favor!!!

BTW... how are the people in the Honda? Have ya heard? I don't know why, but I've been wondering,... maybe cause my wife drive a freakin' Honda.

Tom

TripleTransAm Guest
    Sucks to hear this... I hope it works out for you soon. Hopefully once you get behind the wheel of the car, you'll fall in love all over again.

I wonder if someone at Ford will get to see this...

Get in touch woth Steve Babcock @ Ford. This is his baby and from what I could tell in Texas he has a REAL passion for this car. Search around here and I think you will find his e-mail address.

Hey My Friend Fourth,

As one of a few here that unfortunately can REALLY relate to your frustration, let me say that I am really sorry to hear of all the trouble you're going through.

As well, I am a very interested party in your issue, not just out of concern (you and I have been on this board together for a LONG time) but selfishly as mine sits in a body shop waiting for parts.

One of the reasons why I picked a Ford dealership to fix mine was (hopefully) to maintain integrity with whatever parts are going to be re-hung. i.e. I want a 300A hood with the light as a replacement...not a 300B, I want a 300A rear quarter with the gas-cap release not a 300B (no offense to you "B" folks...I just want back what I originally bought). The other reason is I have established a relationship with this dealer as they have become the "Marauder-Central" for service on about a dozen in the area.

I would escalate your concerns as high up the Ford flagpole as I could get them. Someone, somewhere in the organization will be found that wants to make sure you are happy.

Please keep me up to date (if you want off the board in PMs/email) on your progress. I truly understand your frustration and hope you can get it resolved soon. If Ford loses you as a customer, shame on them.

I too would push the insurance co. to total the car.
    If the part you need is not serviced then the car cannot be put back to pre-crash condition.

amerikan Guest
    That is unbelievable, i am sorry to hear this. I also had the same problem with ford. But mine was for 4 weeks, they kept on sending the wrong part. I was so frustrated. The thing with my car was that it was a factory defect and i could have taken a 7k loss because of mileage and enforce the lemon law. But i didnt, i enjoy this car, and im sure you will too when you get it back. sorry again

Forth - Sorry to hear about your problem. I can understand your frustration. Hang in there, this problem could happen with any make of automobile. The part seems to be rarely ordered so that's where the problem occurs. IMHO. I hope your situation is resolved with dispatch. Good luck.
    2003 Marauder 300B,
    6468 out of 7839 - Thanks Brian
    Heated Seats
    35% Tint
    Mercury All Weather Mats
    Trunk Organizer - Thanks MartyO
    Sold 4/3/2009 Now resides in AL.
    1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible
    1973 Oldsmobile Toronado
    2012 Kia Sedona Van
    2008 Corvette Convertible
    2003 Marauder 300 A Thanks Larry O 6/14/17
    2021 Prius Prime Limited
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado High Country
    Member # 440
    ----- John

I don't own a new Marauder, but if in you guy's that do would all send an e-mail to Mr. Babcock about one of our own's plight, I think that would get something going for 4th.........
    Last edited by merc406; 09-27-2003 at 06:02 PM.
    63 1/2' Merc 406 (434ci) tri-powered "Ratsmoker"

TripleTransAm Guest
    If I remember correctly, the email address was mentioned by Jerry Barnes in another thread. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to track down...

Hey Fourth Horseman, sorry to hear how the out come has developed into what it is, I hope that it can all be resolved in the very near future to your satisfaction. Keep your head held high and wish you the best.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Forth, you have been very patient--now is the time to move on---go to BlueOvalNews.com ---they list every top exec in Ford Motor Company---start calling and writing--this situation should not exist--I now own my 16th Ford/Mercury and have been able to resolve all my problems--I was even able to get a passenger air-bag installed by factory techs at my dealer--the only '92 Grand Marquis with a passenger air bag---don't give up and enjoy your Marauder, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

4th: Hang in there! Your body shop should be able to break this loose? They will not get paid till the work is finished!
    I will pm you Steve e-mail address he will back in teh office on the 29th.

Its up to you but I think/feel the Maruader is worth keeping.(IMHO)
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information