Thread: Canadian Dead Pedal Update

yorks Guest

Canadian Dead Pedal Update

If any of you read my post about about the Canadian distributor for Kenny Brown (RCO Enterprises), You'll know that I ordered the dead pedal thru them on 26th Sep. Got it today (1st Oct) and that's with a weekend inbetween!
    Comes with detailed instructions and template for the kick panel.
    $142.03 CDN as quoted, no Customs, speedy delivery. I highly recommend them.

Oh...That's it. Whew...For a moment I wondered if it was a special pedal, like for your right foot. You guys don't use right hand drive, do ya...Ack, nevermind.

Now that i think of it, just where are the pedals on a right hand drive car?

I should visit Canada more, eh?

Ya think there are any Marauders in Mexico? I mean the car kind?

yorks Guest
    Originally posted by SergntMac
    Now that i think of it, just where are the pedals on a right hand drive car?

I should visit Canada more, eh?
    They're in the same spot, Sarge. Except when we've got the dogs attached in the winter, we call them the "mush" pedal and the "whoa" pedal. The dead pedal's for lashing your left leg to in case the whole contraption tips over while negotiating snow filled ravines.

Originally posted by yorks
    They're in the same spot, Sarge. Except when we've got the dogs attached in the winter, we call them the "mush" pedal and the "whoa" pedal. The dead pedal's for lashing your left leg to in case the whole contraption tips over while negotiating snow filled ravines.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

yorks Guest
    Installed the dead pedal yesterday using a combination of the instructions from KB and those posted by piglet:http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ght=dead+pedal
    Really easy install. Just make sure that you have both regular and deep 10mm sockets before you start (I had to go buy one halfway thru the install). You'll see what I mean when you get going. Apart from that, you have everything you need.

What a difference!

If you plan on keeping your MM stock as I do, this is one mod that you have to do. It's hard to explain, but you will feel more in control of the car and more comfortable. The position is such that if you don't want to use it for a while, it's not in your way. Sturdy construction, good price, well thought out design...
    Nice job, Kenny Brown!
    Last edited by yorks; 10-03-2003 at 07:08 AM.

Unfortunetly, I need one that comes up from the floor as oppose to the KB one whitch comes from the side. Long legs and big feet.
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

yorks Guest
    Mad, did you try driving one with the pedal? I'm 6'1" with fairly long legs and size 11 boats. The pedal is actually directly under the parking brake pedal, so it doesn't protrude into the floor area too much (no wasted space). My leg is slightly bent when on the pedal but really comfortable. As I said earlier, you can transfer between the pedal and the floor, no problem. This makes it all the more comfortable IMO.
    Last edited by yorks; 10-03-2003 at 07:17 AM.

I will try one out if someone has one at Hershey
    Gone, but not forgotten

"I don't drink beer, I drink Guinness."

yorks Guest
    I think you'll be surprised.
    I hope you'll like it.

Originally posted by MAD-3R
    I will try one out if someone has one at Hershey
    I know there will be cars in Hershey with the KB dead pedal. I want to try it too. Also, since it's not adjustable, if it works comfortably for drivers of different heights in the same car, with adjustments to the other pedals.
    MOK

|Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|

--------------------------

I don't brake for curves!

The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

but the voice is the chariot to the heavens

yorks Guest
    Originally posted by MM03MOK
    Also, since it's not adjustable, if it works comfortably for drivers of different heights in the same car, with adjustments to the other pedals.
    My wife is 5'2" and I'm 6'1". Once she adjusts the pedals, I actually think it's more comfortable for her than it is for me, due to the pedals all being aligned. Try it, you'll like it!

Thread Information