Thread: 2008 Grand Marquis reset button question

2008 Grand Marquis reset button question

Thought somebody here might know, my Dad lives about 300 miles away and he said on the phone today a message came up on his 2008 GM dash that it was time to change the oil. He said hes only driven the car 1500 miles since he bought it in October so it really doesnt need a change right now. He wants to be able to reset the oil change warning (turn it off) but doesnt know what button to press. My 05 Montego does this sometimes and there is a reset button on the steering wheel and I have to do it every time I start the car. Anyway, Ive looked on the Mercury website and cant see the dash clearly so can somebody here tell me where this reset button is and what is required to turn off the oil change warning message? Its probably something hes going to have to do every time he starts his car but Id appreciate the info if anybody knows. Thanks in advance.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

In the owner's manual, there are instructions for resetting the change oil alert. In my '08 Mountaineer, you access this function through the digital message center...takes about 30 seconds to access and reset.
    Hope this helps.

I would change the oil, it's been 7 months since he took delivery.

The reset button is between the radio and the climate controls in the woodgrain plastic panel.

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Larry thanks for the pointer in the pic, very helpful. I dont have access to the manual. Jim
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Your welcome Jim

'98 MGM LS...sold..................... .............................. ..'03 300A...sold 6/17

Thread Information