Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crown Victoria gone?

Crown Victoria gone?

I was on the Ford and Mercury websites recently and noticed that the Crown Victorias were only available as fleet vehicles. It was not listed as a consumer vehicle. The Grand Marquis is still available though. Did Ford do a restructuring plan through this darn recession and got rid of the Crown Vics to the masses? Just wondering.

2003 Silver Birch Marauder, 65K miles
    Production Sequence number is 7693 of 7839
    Color Sequence number is 341 of 418
    Mods: K+N Air Filter Kit

You are correct, the CV is only available as a fleet car now. Rental companies can still order new LXs. Hence why you see '08s for sale- and will see '09 for sale soon from rental companies when they've reached their mile marker to be sold. You can buy a new LX from some dealerships, or you can order one if you know the fleet manager.

Grand Marquis' will only be availble if a dealership orders them.
    Ryan #1

*2009 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor*

Ex Kirkland,WA Police
    Dark Blue Metallic/Dark Charcoal interior (NOT Dark Blue Pearl )
    Bumper tuck mod
    LED CHMSL mod
    New OEM 17" Wheelcovers
    Ford TripTunes Auxiliary port Input radio kit
    Crown Victoria LX Auto-dim review mirror

I have heard that the government wants them gawn unless they can meet EPA and MPG guidelines. However the Law Enforcement Community in America thrives on CVs and the needs americas law enforcement agenies have kept this body style around. Might be why we could see these body styles going purely fleet use.
    Marauderless!

Thanks for the info. So CVPI's would be around a bit. Got to watch out for them then. LOL!

2003 Silver Birch Marauder, 65K miles
    Production Sequence number is 7693 of 7839
    Color Sequence number is 341 of 418
    Mods: K+N Air Filter Kit

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=140 align=right bgColor=#eeeeee border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR bgColor=#ffffff itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Ford Motor Co. dealers will no longer offer the troubled Crown Victoria to consumers but will continue to sell the huge car in bulk deals to fleet customers, business, governments, and police departments.
    Less than eighty 2007 Crown Vics remain on Ford dealer lots across the country and the automaker has no plans to deliver 2008 or 2009 versions of the vehicle to dealers.
    Ford dealers will attempt to convince car buyers to consider the large Ford Taurus, midsize Fusion and compact Focus instead of the Crown Vic.
    The Taurus sedan is slightly smaller than the Crown Victoria, but offers similar cabin and cargo space.
    Crown Victoria deals on the showroom floor have declined dramatically in recent years and fleet purchases now account for 95 percent of Crown Victoria sales.
    The Crown Victoria is widely used by police departments around the country and has also been a mainstay of many metropolitan taxi fleets.
    Ford recalled 155,700 Crown Victoria sedans used as police cars or taxi cabs in may 2005 because of a fire risk under the dashboard in 2003-2005 models.
    Some police departments have sued Ford, alleging that Crown Victoria police cars could explode into flames when hit from the rear. Ford fought those suits with mixed results.
    At one point the automaker warned police departments that it would stop selling them the special police model of the car if the departments did not drop legal action against Ford.
    Marauderless!

BTW, My wife had her sheriffs dept duty car, a 2005 CVPI get rear ended while parked. Driver was going 60 MPH, the entire rear end was smashed in up to the rear seat. If she would have had a prisoner in the back they would have lived. She was fine...no fire or fuel leaks. Just as a point of fact, her mossburg shotgun survied the impact, another fine product. lol
    Marauderless!

Many Major departments have gone with Impalas and Chargers around here, Also I have seen Dallas PD uses nothing but Impalas.
    Marauderless!

We had some Impalas here in Chicago, but looks like everyone is going back to Panthers. The Impalas had some tranmission problems from hot calls and everything, but I have had a ton of bad experiences with GM transmissions myself.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

Maybe it's all the Ford brainwashing, from peddling these tanks over the years.
    I thought when I heard they were going to use mopars and Impys as cop cars, "This should be interesting"
    2004 Trilogy #93P 12.2@113 Built and stalled

CLUNKER LIST I dont think so

Obooba put our car on the CLUNKER list and wants the gov. to buy it back for 4500 trade.

I drive 03-07 CV's for our Sheriff's department, front seats are too low.

However, there are several 08-09(?) CVLX's in the maintence complex being prepped for operations. They have the flex fuel option, keyless entry, leather(?) seats and electric seat controls.

I should be getting my personal take home car soon............NOT.

Now this is just stupid. If they are gonna make the car anyways, then why not offer it to as many buyers as possible?
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Now this is just stupid. If they are gonna make the car anyways, then why not offer it to as many buyers as possible?
    Like they did the Marauder?

~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by Glockafella View Post
    Many Major departments have gone with Impalas and Chargers around here, Also I have seen Dallas PD uses nothing but Impalas.
    The reason Dallas PD uses only Impalas and Mopars is because a few years back they sued Ford because an officer was killed after getting rear-ended at about 80 mph and his car burst into flames. While the lawsuit was in the courts DPD tried to buy some new CVPI's. Ford told them "no thanks, we dont want your business".
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

If I was rear ended at 80, then I would pretty much expect to burst into flames. Just seems imminent.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information