Thread: Fan don't blow...

Question Fan don't blow...

Alright fellows...Here is the issue:
    EATC works, or atleast comes on...Lights that is...Blower does not come on. I will hit the manual knob for the fan adjustment and will here a clicking, much like a solinoid inside the dash click...so I know that something is happening. I took jumpers and ran it to the blower motor under the hood and the thing runs.
    I then hooked a test light to the Ground and to what I assume is the hot side of the connection for the fan motor...light comes on. I then reverse that and hook the test light to the posi, and test the connections other point and no light-up. Car is on and the climate control device is on manual mode, not automatic. Is there a switch inside the dash that regulates the voltage to the fan motor or is it all located in the EATC module?

It's the Blower Control Module (BCM) mounted in the air plenum behind the passenger side valve cove.....a PITA to get to but doable!!

Search for BCM and you should get very detailed instructions...I've attached a photo of the culprit!!
    Last edited by Marauderjack; 12-17-2012 at 04:06 AM.
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    It's the Blower Control Module (BCM) mounted in the air plenum behind the passenger side valve cove.....a PITA to get to but doable!!

Search for BCM and you should get very detained instructions...I've attached a photo of the culprit!!
    What he said! I think it's extra hard to get to on the blue ones though.
    John
    (oldekid)
    2004 DTR MM (Reba)
    Build Date: 05/25/2004
    # 3020 of 3213
    # 931 of 981 DTRs

+1,000,000 you hear the blend doors under the dash but no air flow....on a do it your self scale 1(easy) to 10(hard) its a 3 part is 40-60 dollars depends on your parts guy at your local Ford dealership I paid 53 last summer.
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you....at least you all knew what I was talking about... I would much rather spend the 50 or 60 buck then the 500-600 for a new EATC module.

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post

Search for BCM and you should get very detailed instructions...I've attached a photo of the culprit!!

When you find the module, set your fan to maximum and try poking the connector and its wiring with a stick. If your lucky it might start working again. This worked for me last winter and its been working ever since. If not, you most likely need the module. Good luck!
    2003 Blk CDN Marauder

#5633 of build of 7838

bone stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by omarauder View Post
    When you find the module, set your fan to maximum and try poking the connector and its wiring with a stick. If your lucky it might start working again. This worked for me last winter and its been working ever since. If not, you most likely need the module. Good luck!
    LOL....I'd hit it with a rock if the stick don't work.
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNIN1
    ... As for the rest of the Washigton crowd, I think we would be better off in the hands of the Somali Pirates.

2004 Black Mercury Marauder
    2057 of 3213
    K&N CAI
    Lidio 93 Octane Tune
    4.10 FRPP Gears
    MagnaFlow SS Mufflers and Tips
    Fuel Filter Upgrade Motorcraft FG800A or equivalent
    Ford part number N807055S hood squeak fix
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK FOR MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER WHEN GETTING YOUR OIL CHANGED AT A FORD GARAGE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by 1of327 View Post
    Alright fellows...Here is the issue:
    EATC works, or atleast comes on...Lights that is...Blower does not come on. I will hit the manual knob for the fan adjustment and will here a clicking, much like a solinoid inside the dash click...so I know that something is happening. I took jumpers and ran it to the blower motor under the hood and the thing runs.
    I then hooked a test light to the Ground and to what I assume is the hot side of the connection for the fan motor...light comes on. I then reverse that and hook the test light to the posi, and test the connections other point and no light-up. Car is on and the climate control device is on manual mode, not automatic. Is there a switch inside the dash that regulates the voltage to the fan motor or is it all located in the EATC module?
    Just a thought. When mine did what yours is doing i removed the eatc and the wires in the back had a bad connection. Maybe you'll get lucky? Mine didnt do any clicking though... Good luck on replacing the controler. Resistor thingy. It's kinda tough with the heater lines crossed over it. I think the screws that hold it are either 8mm or 7mm. It's been awhile.
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

Quote Originally Posted by omarauder View Post

+1, it works, try it.
    Marauderless!

Thread Information