Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: New Plates....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central Mass
    Posts
    1,781

    New Plates....

    Finally got my vanity plates...the plan is to transfer them when i register my truck, and get something witty for the Z.

    on the car for now:


    Rocknthehawk/Thunderbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBluGruv View Post
    Those are my FAVORITE kind of people though. It's like, "the lone fact that I have to explain to you how wrong you are, is the very reason why trying to explain to you why you are wrong is pointless

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    61
    Posts
    617
    Good one!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    34
    Posts
    779
    Know the feeling

    BTW nice Plate.




    BAIR

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,060
    I dont get it.
    Marauderless!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    West Suburbs - Chicago
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,795
    Money Pit.

    Perfect for a blown Marauder..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    '04 Marauder #357 of 3213 - Eaton swapped - "MERCD U"
    '15 Mustang GT, performance package
    '01 BMW 740i M-Sport, manual swapped
    '03 Grand Marquis
    '08 Kawasaki ZX6R

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The DMV
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,190
    I didnt get it at first...maybe its how it is spaced...MNYP IT


    "Murcy"
    135 of 11,052


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central Mass
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTo35 View Post
    I didnt get it at first...maybe its how it is spaced...MNYP IT

    No choice on that, unfortunately it's the dmv and they can't do anything right. There shouldn't be any space. I contimplated using a little red paint to extend the I.

    Rocknthehawk/Thunderbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBluGruv View Post
    Those are my FAVORITE kind of people though. It's like, "the lone fact that I have to explain to you how wrong you are, is the very reason why trying to explain to you why you are wrong is pointless

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,060
    I see it now...I'm a dense dumb dumb
    Marauderless!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Mass.
    Age
    52
    Posts
    838
    My friend wanted COBRAR on his R, and it came back COBR AR.

    Stupid registry...

    That's why I went with just a three character plate.. OOR

    Was anything like ZZZ or ZZZZ or MYZ350 available ?
    2012 Boss 302 LS # 563
    2000 SVT Cobra R # 76
    1993 SVT Cobra # 2162
    2013 SVT Raptor SCrew
    2011 F 350 Worktruck
    2019 Lincoln MKC

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    13,842
    Technically there is not a space there. The area for each letter is equal. It doesn't look right because the "I" is so skinny. The P and the T are wider at the top and very narrow at the bottom, which adds to the look of space. Optical illusion.

    I got it right away.
    MOK


    |Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|


    --------------------------


    I don't brake for curves!


    The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

    but the voice is the chariot to the heavens









  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Mass.
    Age
    52
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    Technically there is not a space there. The area for each letter is equal. It doesn't look right because the "I" is so skinny. The P and the T are wider at the top and very narrow at the bottom, which adds to the look of space. Optical illusion.

    I got it right away.
    then how do you explain what I said above ? COBR AR ?
    2012 Boss 302 LS # 563
    2000 SVT Cobra R # 76
    1993 SVT Cobra # 2162
    2013 SVT Raptor SCrew
    2011 F 350 Worktruck
    2019 Lincoln MKC

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    13,842
    Again, an optical illusion. To the left of the A, there appears to be more space because of the indent in the R. To the right of the A, the solid line on the left of the R appears to be closer. It isn't.

    In typography, graphic designers compensate for even letter spacing by kerning.

    http://www.papress.com/thinkingwitht...xt/kerning.htm



    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/K/kerning.html


    COBR AR
    MOK


    |Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|


    --------------------------


    I don't brake for curves!


    The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

    but the voice is the chariot to the heavens









  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Hampton, Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    19,029
    You have waaaaaay too much free time

    Quote Originally Posted by MM03MOK View Post
    Again, an optical illusion. To the left of the A, there appears to be more space because of the indent in the R. To the right of the A, the solid line on the left of the R appears to be closer. It isn't.

    In typography, graphic designers compensate for even letter spacing by kerning.

    http://www.papress.com/thinkingwitht...xt/kerning.htm



    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/K/kerning.html


    COBR AR


    ~But, it makes it a lot easier when he is manscaped.~ Haggis
    ~Cool, I can have one of those strangulation orgasms without the strangle.
    WIN WIN!~ Zack
    ~Who needs to stop? I just wanna gooooooooooo ~ -Matt-
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBluGruv View Post
    I'm not gonna go broke so you can be a little less poor.
    "Why? Was there a need to invade Nashville while we were gone to MV9?" ~ Tom

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tinley Park IL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMaraud3r View Post
    Money Pit.

    Perfect for a blown Marauder..
    ^^^ With out a doubt ^^^
    I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
    And so are you - Have a day better than yesterday

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    13,842
    Quote Originally Posted by CBT View Post
    You have waaaaaay too much free time
    LOL I've been a graphic designer for 30 years.
    MOK


    |Administrator, MM.Net | International Director of Membership|


    --------------------------


    I don't brake for curves!


    The eyes may be the doorway to the soul,

    but the voice is the chariot to the heavens









Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Just got vanity plates.....what do you think?
    By ezratty in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 07:55 PM
  2. sill plates
    By superford3 in forum Shop Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
  3. vanity plates
    By superford3 in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
  4. DTR spotted in WA with MI plates
    By Ryans PI in forum Motor City Marauders
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 02:35 PM
  5. Plates Plates
    By FastMerc in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 02:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •