Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Police Interceptor airbox vs 2003 Rauder airbox

2004 Police Interceptor airbox vs 2003 Rauder airbox

How different are they?

Is one less performance oriented than the other?

The MAF's are apparently the same.

FYI 2004 CVPIs are rated at 250 hp vs the 239 hp 2004 LX Sport.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    The 2004 CVPI uses the Marauder airbox.
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Not quite.

The airlid and MAF are 1 piece, but it uses the Marauder MAF according to the parts catalog.

However, sources say the harness looks totally different from the 98-03 harness/Marauder harness.

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Other sources have said it is the Marauder airbox. If the airlid and MAF are in fact one piece, that will be the only difference.
    Odd they would even do that, unless it's just cheaper to manufacure that way. If it is I wonder if the 2004 MM uses the same one piece?
    Last edited by RCSignals; 10-12-2003 at 09:38 PM.
    Member Number 32

An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

2004 MM has the same as the 03 MM. seen 2 04s and they are the same.
    2003 - black w/ dark charcoal 300a. polished full size spare, carpeted lid trunk organizer - 2w7z-54115a00-aa, black rear spoiler - 2w7z-5444210-aab, matte black door edge guards - yw7z-5420910-ba, all weather molded vinyl black floor mats - 1w7z-5413086-ha (front) & 1w4z-5413106-ca (rear), Gorilla spline drive chrome plated locking lug nuts, Kenwood kfc-6808c 6x8 3-way speakers in front & rear, Kenwood kfc-1705 6.75" subwoofer, Clarion Proaudio DXZ-835 CD receiver, Clarion Proaudio DCZ 6-disc CD changer, Clarion SIRCL Sirius satellite radio tuner, Superchips tuner, Borla cat back exhaust, SVO rear girdle (T/A performance) & stud kit, Dynotech MMC racing driveshaft, B&M 3 quart+ aluminum finned tranny pan.

Joe that makes sense. what doesn't make much sense is that they design a separate one for '04 CVPIs.
    Member Number 32

Here's my take on the situation:

The Marauder is a performance sedan but the customers who buy it don't care for air intake noise.

Cops OTOH could care less about a little extra air intake noise so they cheap out on the build process.

That could be part of it. Of course Marauder owners don't really care about a little noise either
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by RCSignals
    The 2004 CVPI uses the Marauder airbox.
    Not as far as know, the CV has a smaller Maf and if you install the MAB the EEC has to be adjusted for this I sell this package to many CV owners

Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
    Not as far as know, the CV has a smaller Maf and if you install the MAB the EEC has to be adjusted for this I sell this package to many CV owners
    Apparently you've never seen the 2004 CVPI airbox?

It's a special "air induction kit" found only on the 2004 CVPI and NOT the 2004 CV.

The MAF for the 2004 CVPI has the same part # as the 2003 Marauder MAF, however the airlid and MAF housing are integrated. You can remove the sensor element though. There's no way you can "install the 2004 CVPI MAF" on a pre-04 CV w/o adapting the airlid to the airbox since it's a 1 piece design!

The 2004 CVPI airbox is supposed to be based on the Marauder airbox without the ridges.

Your right I have not seen a 2004 PI CV so again I stated that as far as I know, so thanks for the info, I stand corrected, as far as doing the swap on a non PI CV you would still have to adjust the air meter transfer function in the EEC, with either air box if the Maff is a Marauder, which means a chip or a flash again I have been selling this setup for over a year, I just sell the complete Marauder air box and plugs chip and stat for the CV and I also have shorties and high flow cats as well as a Vortech blower for the SOHC CV and this mod was posted on the CV.Net site and http://www.crownvicmuscle.com/
    Last edited by Dennis Reinhart; 10-14-2003 at 05:45 PM.

Dennis: ok I just wanted to know - there's not much info on the 2004 CVPI airbox - I briefly did research on this and I posted what I knew and gathered from what others stated.

If you want the 2004 PI airbox on a pre-04 CV then you will need the MAF harness from a 04 PI becuase the pre-04 CV/PI harnesses WILL NOT work with the 04 PI MAF harness...

Overalll I think the MM airbox is a better idea because it works and it easily bolts onto any 98-03 panther.

again with out seeing the car I am not sure but the harness may not be needed the Marauder Maff is a six pin because the air charge sensor is built in to the Maf, I believe the 03 CV is 4 pin with a seperat IAT so the Marauder Maf will plug into a 4 pin conector. The 02 GT has the same set up, but when I do a SC install I use a 90 MM Lighting Maf which is a 4 pin and I run a seperate IAT to the discharge of the SC

Dennis, that wasn't what I meant.

I understand the MM MAF has 6 pins for the IAT but from what I gathered about the 04 CVPI MAF, it is flatter and completely different from the traditional MAF harness you and I are used to seeing. Meaning you can't even clip a pre-04 harness onto this thing... at least that's what I heard!

Yes but I thought this was about putting the Marauder Maff or air box on a earlier model CV I do this all the time, and its plug and play after the chip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information