Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New O-rings bad EATC?

New O-rings bad EATC?

I recently replaced the four O-rings inside my EATC and air still only blows through the floor and defrost vents. My blower seems to be working fine, so its probably not the BCM. It still blows cold air, so I am guessing the compressor is good. What I find strange is when the climate control is turned off warm air from the engine compartment will still blow through the floor and defrost vents. There is definately a correlation between the vechile speed and the force of the air blowing through the vents. I am guessing that something is proped open and was wondering if it could still be the EATC or if I should look elsewhere?

Reinhart tune, NGK TR6 Plugs, 180 Degree stat,EMP/ Stewart Water Pump, K&N Aircharger, Cobra Exhaust, Megs Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flows, 4.10 gears, COP Connectors, Underdrive Pulleys, PHP Intake Spacer, 255/55/18 KDW2 Rears, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, TCI Deep Trans Pan, Ford Racing Girdle

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Check all the vacuum hoses inside the car and under the hood.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

It sounds like your blend door is stuck. That is apparently another common problem with our cars. Someone just posted this weekend about them troubleshooting the vacuum hoses for theirs. Check the EATC sticky thread. According to CBT the blend door problem is only around a $40 fix at the dealer so its obviously not complicated at all.
    Don't bring skittles to a gunfight.

Maybe you need to check all vacumn lines under dash near glovebox... I did the same thing but unpluged another line by accedent
    Norrin Radd

SURFING WITH THE ALIEN.......SWEET

If love is blind,why is lingerie so POPULAR ?????

Only two words really come to mind...."Dang Dude!!" .......as spoken by CBT

If it is an etc i have spares
    Norrin Radd

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERSURFER03 View Post
    If it is an etc i have spares
    How much for one of your spares?
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

As much as i can get sir booohahahaha
    Norrin Radd

I have yet to check for vacuum leaks. That being said, it seems as if my car is idling rather high when it is in park. It seems to hover around 1100 rpm. I am running the Reinhart tune and the in drive idle is set to 750 rpm but I never remembered the car idling this high in park. Could this possibly confirm the vacuum leak?

Reinhart tune, NGK TR6 Plugs, 180 Degree stat,EMP/ Stewart Water Pump, K&N Aircharger, Cobra Exhaust, Megs Delete Tips, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flows, 4.10 gears, COP Connectors, Underdrive Pulleys, PHP Intake Spacer, 255/55/18 KDW2 Rears, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, TCI Deep Trans Pan, Ford Racing Girdle

check that one way check valve on your fire wall under the hood, and that line that goes close to your egr tube, sometimes the egr can melt it,also make sure that main vaccume bundle thing is tight on the manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMerc04 View Post
    it seems as if my car is idling rather high when it is in park. It seems to hover around 1100 rpm. Could this possibly confirm the vacuum leak?
    Yes. The extra unmetered air will show up as a lean condition and the O2s will tell the PCM to add fuel, raising the idle.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog_gunner View Post
    It sounds like your blend door is stuck. That is apparently another common problem with our cars. Someone just posted this weekend about them troubleshooting the vacuum hoses for theirs. Check the EATC sticky thread. According to CBT the blend door problem is only around a $40 fix at the dealer so its obviously not complicated at all.
    The hard part is getting to the blend door. Requires dashboard removal, been there. A/C malfunctions have been problematic in the son's 2003 MM, just about the whole system has been replaced.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Okay... I think fixed the vacuum leak but I still have my climate control problem. My Idle is now a solid 1000 rpm in park. What is the blend door? How do I get to it if necessary? Are there any write ups on how to fix this? I have no problem ripping the dash apart but I just need a little guidance. Also, everytime I hit a different button on my eatc module my idle to rises for a breif moment from 1000 rpm to 1100. Does this mean I still have a leak?
    Last edited by RedMerc04; 09-21-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Go on to eBay and find yourself a 04 Crown Vic/Grand Marquis Ford repair manual BOOK not CD! I just picked up the repair manual and wiring diagram for $60 in mint shape.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Its still the box. The O-rings are not a garantee fix. 2,4shofast and myself have both done them and did not have good results.

You can trick the AC Into blowing into the vents if you disconnect the unit from the car harness then run a jumper hose from the white/black/blue 3 way. This will give you max A/C to the dash.

Matt H.
    (sold)2004' SB, 268rwhp/295tq
    1990 Mustang GT, Dart 363, Si-trim, T56, Holley Terminator X. 622rwhp/527tq
    2003 SVT Cobra, Posi Port 497rwhp/481tq. SCT Pro Racer Pack.
    2017 F-150, 5.0
    2013 SHO DIB Performance Pack

Quote Originally Posted by RedMerc04 View Post
    I recently replaced the four O-rings inside my EATC and air still only blows through the floor and defrost vents. My blower seems to be working fine, so its probably not the BCM. It still blows cold air, so I am guessing the compressor is good. What I find strange is when the climate control is turned off warm air from the engine compartment will still blow through the floor and defrost vents. There is definately a correlation between the vechile speed and the force of the air blowing through the vents. I am guessing that something is proped open and was wondering if it could still be the EATC or if I should look elsewhere?
    Whatever the problem is I would sure like to know the cause since we have the same exact issue and I only thought mine blew more air out when the EATC was off when going faster, so we def. have the same problem. I know replacing the O-rings and A/C check valve I regained full Vent back but Floor/Defrost free air problem is still there.

When my problem first started during MV5 while driving on the highway with A/C on I had to keep very light throttle to keep the air coming out Vent, the slightest throttle increase would cause the air to direct towards Floor/Defrost asap. Then I would have to turn the EATC off, get back to light throttle and turn the EATC back on again to get Vent.

Another thing I also noticed, when I press FLOOR air comes out Floor and Defrost vents AND A/C compressor kicks on when it should only be coming on when FLOOR/DEFROST or DEFROST among A/C buttons, that's it.

Climate control gremlins......got to hate them!
    Last edited by ctrlraven; 09-21-2009 at 03:30 PM.

2004 Silver Birch
    300B
    Build date:9/29/2003, Adopted on 12/02/05
    Exhaust by Greg
    13.630 @ 100.49 mph (11/21/10)

2015 Ford Focus SE Sport FWD
    2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost AWD (377whp/423tq).
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD
    1989.5 Ford Mustang 5.0 LXsport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information