Thread: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A

Maryland Guest

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A

Normally Aspirated Engine that has 300+ RWHP

You can run a low 13 at the track or go to church with the family.

Purchasing the Marauder in 2004, I am the second owner of this vehicle. The Marauder is my daily driver and has been well taken care of. Mobil 1 has always been put in the engine and she has only run with factory tires. The Marauder has been professionally Dyno tuned and then custom tuned by Paul Svinicki of Paul’s High Performance. The chart below outlines the dates of the changes to the Marauder:

Marauder Modifications
    Date
    Supplier
    Description
    7/26/2005
    K&N
    K & N Aircharger Kit
    8/8/2005
    Reinhart Automotive
    SCT/Denso/180thermo
    11/21/2005
    Hub Caps Plus
    G2 paint kit
    12/29/2005
    Steeda
    Underdrive Pullies
    1/6/2006
    Ford Racing
    4:10 Gears
    1/20/2006
    Joels on Joy
    4:10 Install
    2/27/2006
    Kook's Exhaust
    Full Exhaust- block back
    8/20/2006
    Pauls High Performance
    Intake Spacer
    11/1/2006
    Pauls High Performance
    Dino Test
    1/15/2009
    Powerslot
    4 New Rotors
    1/15/2009
    EBC Brakes
    "Red Stuff" Brake Pads
    4/1/2009
    Percy's High Performance
    Dead Soft Aluminum Gaskets
    5/1/2009
    Pauls High Performance
    Stage II Intake and Labor
    5/1/2009
    Pauls High Performance
    Dynojet Tune - Custom PCM Flash

While I have added a lot to the Marauder, I do not abuse it. However I do occasionally step on it. 5.7 hemi products cannot run with it, regardless of transmission type. SRT hemi products would probably pose a problem, I have never lined up with one.

The Marauder will get 18 mpg in town and 23 -24 mpg on the highway. Please be aware that the car does run on premium fuel.

The Marauder has been to the shop twice. About 18 months ago the Air pump for the rear suspension died. That was replaced and I have not had a problem with it since. The second time the Marauder visited the shop was when I noticed gear lube on the inside of one of the rear tires. The right rear oil seal let go because the axle had a worn spot in it (This was a common problem in 300A Marauders). The rear end has been totally rebuilt with new axles, seals, and lube. The new axles were heat treated to the correct specification so this will not happen again. While the Marauder was apart I had Ford put on new emergency brake pads and hardware.

87,000 miles - Asking $13,500

The interior is immaculate with no wear spots, rips or tears. The HVAC system works as well as the day I purchased it and the stereo system sounds great.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good Luck Bro,

That is a very fair price, especially with the mods and the great condition!

nice car! good price.
    what is the stage II intake?
    those are very low 1/4 times.

Maryland Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty2 View Post
    nice car! good price.
    what is the stage II intake?
    those are very low 1/4 times.
    The Stage II intake is the lower plenum ported and extrude honed for the long and short runners. I have attached the new one that was put in. Notice the color on the old one. Lots of short trips really leave build up on the "rougher" stock plenum. One the plenum is extruded honed (2 passes) there is a sealant put on the runner to leave it as smooth as a babys butt.

The upper has also been hogged out and polished. This with the larger exhaust make the car fly. I pulled a 13.18 in Haggerstown last spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    The Stage II intake is the lower plenum ported and extrude honed for the long and short runners. I have attached the new one that was put in. Notice the color on the old one. Lots of short trips really leave build up on the "rougher" stock plenum. One the plenum is extruded honed (2 passes) there is a sealant put on the runner to leave it as smooth as a babys butt.

The upper has also been hogged out and polished. This with the larger exhaust make the car fly. I pulled a 13.18 in Haggerstown last spring.
    nice! if you added a toque converter you would become the first n/a MM in the 12s.
    how much rwhp did that intake gained you?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty2 View Post
    nice! if you added a toque converter you would become the first n/a MM in the 12s.
    how much rwhp did that intake gained you?

You know, your actually right... This could be the first N/A marauder with another mod or two!

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Lund nGauge, BMR vertical links, MGW Shifter, BMR CB005

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10s, Stainless Works LTs, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, Ridetech Coilovers + Adj rear shocks, FX-R projectors, Wilwood 13" BNSL6 + FNSL4 BBKs, S55 Gauge Cluster
    440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
    2063/3214

(Sold) 2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
    5377/7838

2000 BMW M5 - Evolve Intake, Evolve Alpha-N tune, Stoptech ST-40 BBK, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB, Dinan RSB

1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors

I would like to see your dyno sheet on this car. Do you have the time slip?
    [SIGPIC]

^+.................

That time is the fastest claim for NA. Hard to think that he out performed Cruztakers 13.25 as I know what Barry was doing. Very few cars have hit the 13.50s. Plus no converter. I will ask about the car in the morning as I need to call Pauls with the report on my car this weekend.
    Last edited by Pops; 10-04-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

Maryland Guest

Dyno Sheet from Maryland

Please see attached dynosheet. I do not have the timeslip I have a tendancy to shread my receipts and this was the same size.

Note on the attachement there is a Robert 002 and a Robert 007. The Robert 002 was taken after I had put the Kooks on several years ago. I wanted to make sure my Air / Fuel Ratio was OK. This dyno was not locked out in second gear and did not represent a full pull.

The Robert 007 is good. As the lines show the car pulls very well from 4K to the redline. Overall the Stage II intake gave the car around 20 RWHP at the redline. Paul further tweaked the car durning a road test.

One of the things he did that I liked was that he made the transmission feel like a manual. It does not slip out of gear when you let off the gas under certain conditions. This keeps the transmission much cooler and gives it a better feel.

Does anyone know of a potential buyer? They would have a good start on a 12 + second N/A car.

wow a 13.18? nice times man. very jelous
    2010 fusion se

Sorry but this is not enough power to go 13.18. I need way more proof than this! Not enough torque or HP to do it. We have not talked about the fact that you do not have a converter with a good stall in the car. I will still ask about your car. Good luck on the sale!
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Sorry but this is not enough power to go 13.18. I need way more proof than this! Not enough torque or HP to do it. We have not talked about the fact that you do not have a converter with a good stall in the car. I will still ask about your car. Good luck on the sale!

I tend to agree with this!
    TCE
    Your one stop...for Wilwood brakes.

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    It'd take video for me to believe this. Love to see some!

1 of 170 '04 SB w/sunroof, light flint int.

MOD HISTORY:
    -Lidio's Xcal2 flash, JLT CAI
    -Trilogized June/08 (mostly installed by RC_Signals)
    13.2@103 on stock (balding) tires.
    -Added: SW Long tube Headers + High Flow Cats
    -New BFGs (Best Baby Shower gift EVER!)
    12.81@107.78 Oct 02/09
    -Ventilated Block Mod
    Out of commission
    -Rebuilt with:
    Teksid block/ForgedInternals/Melling oil pump/Canton windage tray/Rebuilt heads with SVT Cobra cams/Cloyes gears/ SVT Lightning MAF/Accufab TB/ MuscleMerc rear head cooling kit/ Steigy lightly ported and polished Eaton 112-
    -Widened rims
    XCal 4 Remote-tuned to PERFECTION by Jeff @ MartyO June/19

Let me know if you might consider a trade
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1446105532.html Thanks let me know
    Drag Nutz Race Cars
    Mario's Auto Repair
    Speed Inc
    Silva Towing

04 Whippled Cobra Show Car only 13k miles
    04 Stock Cobra only 24K miles DD on Nice Days
    01 Camaro SS Race Car FOR SALE!!!!!!
    73 Dodge Challenger HEMI ORANGE Sold
    96 Impala SS Show Car SOLD But Not Forgotten
    02 Dodge Durango R/T 5.9 DD
    WTB MARAUDER OR FOX BODY NOTCHBACK! ANYONE???

Thread Information