Thread: 2016 Olympics..Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

2016 Olympics..Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

Its so very cool that Mayor Daley and President Obama and their cronies that bought up all the slum properties will not be able to profit from us now. I am so bummed. Did people really think the games were really coming to Chicago. You have crazy Daley in control who told everyone we would not foot the bill only to sign documents stating that we would pay for all losses. We have one of the worst if not the worst run state. Oh. and lets not foreget the nice warm loving video (that says we love people.....DEAD!) of the honors student being beaten to death.

All I have to say is............ No Olympics!!! Yeah baby!!

Finally. Score one for the Good little guy!

My opinion differs.............I was looking forward to actually having work.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Every time one of these big international events is brought to a city, the aftermath is a drag. Before and during the event there is a lot of money made by speculators on real estate and such. There is a lot of work done in preparation and a lot of TEMPORARY employment. Then when it's all over the reality sets in. The jobs disappear, unemployment is worse than it was before because of the new people who came there for the temporary work and stayed after the jobs are gone. The site becomes a blight and is undeveloped and wasted (essentially no property tax revenue) for decades. After 20 years or so it may be developed into a park, but once again that's at taxpayer expense.

They made the right decision anyway, Rio has a lot more to offer than Chicago. As well as the fact that there have been several Olympics in the US and Europe but this is the first time for South America. It's certainly past time for them to have a turn.

edit... But I can't say I didn't get a little chuckle out of Bo not getting his way...
    Last edited by FordNut; 10-03-2009 at 07:34 AM.
    Thanks to Darrin @ BC Automotive:
    $1800 and it was worse than when he started!

Brian (FordNut) FPG # 1458 of 7838
    03 MM 300A (Lotsa mods, 130k mi) was 303rwhp/318rwtq N/A
    then 476/410 D1SC ProCharged on stock block
    then 660/555 D1SC PC on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    then 365/369 N/A on 5.3 wet sleeved Teksid alum big bore stroker
    Now 751/617 3.4L Whipple on 5.3 Boss5.0 iron big bore stroker

03 MM 300B Silver (Mostly stock, originally wife's car, 370k mi) FPG # 7053 of 7838 or 49 of 417 SB
    03 MM 300B Silver, Stock, wife's next one, 136k mi FPG # 7134 of 7838 or 89 of 417 SB
    04 MM Silver, Stock, on standby 85k mi, FPG # 1212 of 3214 or 432 of 997 SB
    01 F150 longbed
    01 F150 shortbed
    00 F150 4x4 stepside
    01 F150 4x4 7700
    68 Stang FB (70 351C 4V, 4 wheel discs, project car)

Mods listed here (some items not current): FordNut's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by FordNut View Post
    Every time one of these big international events is brought to a city, the aftermath is a drag. Before and during the event there is a lot of money made by speculators on real estate and such. There is a lot of work done in preparation and a lot of TEMPORARY employment. Then when it's all over the reality sets in. The jobs disappear, unemployment is worse than it was before because of the new people who came there for the temporary work and stayed after the jobs are gone. The site becomes a blight and is undeveloped and wasted (essentially no property tax revenue) for decades. After 20 years or so it may be developed into a park, but once again that's at taxpayer expense.

They made the right decision anyway, Rio has a lot more to offer than Chicago. As well as the fact that there have been several Olympics in the US and Europe but this is the first time for South America. It's certainly past time for them to have a turn.
    You are right on. Good ridance.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

Sun Tzu

Me thinks Obama was reading too much of his own press......... If he was reading papers from around the world, he may not have thought this was a slam dunk.

Just me, but a sitting President has more important things on his agenda that kissing IOC ass. For the benefit of one city, what did this boondoggle cost taxpayers nationwide? I wonder.............. Hope this will deflate his ego to where it needs to be. Lets see mouthpiece Robert Gibbs "Spin" this one...... Something like ...It was Obama's idea all along to award it to Rio...... Or After consulting with the President of Brazil, Obama made a jesture to the IOC in the hopes that they would consider the Rio bid above all others hehehe J/K I don't put it past Gibbs tho..

I agree with the above posts too..... The gang situation in Chicago, seems to be as bad as in L.A. Nevermind the whitecoller corruption and graft in City Hall.

Chicago politics....... Gotta love it!
    Last edited by GAMike; 10-03-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

I hate for the people looking for work it did not happen but we need an over all the USA recovery plan that would be much bigger than Chicago alone.The people that are smarter than I am says there is not one. As far as the Olympics in Chicago we are better off without the negative publicity all the corruption would bring. Remember Salt Lake City? Mitt Romney had to take over and straighten it out. Chicago would have been much worse.

It sure was nice to see Daley not get his way.The sob's been screwing things up in Chicago way too long,I hope they finally catch him with his fingers in the cookie jar real soon.
    Member #462
    2004 DTR II
    2005 H-D E Glide Classic
    2009 Super Glide Custom

"Come See a Fat Old Man Sometime"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlB7bz0TrZM

We weren't prepared to host this anyway, especially from a public safety standpoint. Definitely pros and cons for having this Olympic.
    "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"
    Member #8831

MERIDEATH aka "Purrrty Mean" was born on June 20, 2002.
    Production #1685 of 7,838 and is #1685 of 7093 Black Beasts.
    Delivered July 27th 2002, she revealed herself.
    Unable to be tamed by her 1st owner, she was left to roam about & raid in search of plunder.
    Through the pillage she became mine on January 23, 2008 and since then...
    "She's tryin' to make a Devil out of me!"
    -"TaKe 'Em D0wN!" TRILOGY TwinScrew #209 / TS0019-

If Obama hadn't have gone and Chicago still wasnt selected the right wing nutsos would be raising hell that he didnt support the US or something. As for the Olympics, I think tax dollars are better spent building schools and fixing streets than building giant swimming pools.
    2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
    2020 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

The Olympics aren't what they are cracked up to be, in the end the host city loses money, maybe you get lucky and the small businesses can make a profit if they don't over spend on payroll, insurance, utilities and theft recovery. Obama has been a big disappointment! He's weak, unfocused, and clueless as to how the real world works. I thought being from Chicago he's gotta be tough but I guess I was wrong. I don't care who the President is my guy or the other guy I'll respect you but, when you apologize in front of the whole world for being and American .... well you no longer exist to me.
    FRPP dealer owner of SpartaPerformance.com
    We are an authorized independent AMSOIL dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    If Obama hadn't have gone and Chicago still wasnt selected the right wing nutsos would be raising hell that he didnt support the US or something. As for the Olympics, I think tax dollars are better spent building schools and fixing streets than building giant swimming pools.

Yeah, now we'll get to listen to all the left wing nutsos complain that Obama didn't get the Olympics cause he's black.
    "No one is useless if they can still be used as a bad example." ~ SSgt. Miller.

"Loud pipes lose rights."

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I would have given him points for standing up to his greedy cronies for "not" going...... A portion of why he went has to be because of pressure from people back in Chicago looking to make a buck off the Olympics.

The IOC stage is an insignificant one for the POTUS to be concerned with.

There are times a President should focus his attention regionally (disasters, riots...... stuff like that). Trying to throw weight around, you believe you have (but actually don't) to attract the Olympics or settle an MLB-NFL-NBA-NHL issue is not a sitting Presidents role plain and simple.

Especially today. Just my humble opinion Vortex, and I would have said it if Bush was in this same situation.
    GAMike
    2003 Black on Charcoal 300A W/90K (RIP 7-17-08)
    5-9-09 Now Keeper of the Pristine and Ledgendary:
    Trilogy # 73 Known in Metro Atlanta as "The Banshee"
    Courtesy of Bigslim, and SidewaysCoupe
    All options that came on an 04 SB & a boatload of .......... Never mind... It would take too long.
    12.73 @ 107.9 & 1.79 60' at SSHS9

Thread Information