Thread: Lint/Dust Build Up Behind Speedo Bezel

Lint/Dust Build Up Behind Speedo Bezel

Hey Guys, any suggestions on how to stop lint, etc., from entering behind speedo bezel through tripometer re-set button????? I've noticed this building up gradually and don't know the best way to remove it and prevent further build up. What's up with that????
    03MM-300A
    Build Date 6/05/02
    673 of #7093 Black

Pretty much all new cars do that. I know of no way to stop it, other than pulling the dash to clean it and keeping the interior as clean as possible.

A few months back, some of us 2002 Crown Vic "Sport" owners noticed there is a dirty haze behind the plastic window over the speedometer on our brand new cars. The general concensus was that the only way to properly clean it off was to pull the dash. After reading all the steps involved in pulling the dash, I decided I'd just learn to live with it.

Man, remember the old days? Like 8-10 phillips screws and you could replace your radion, a knob, or clean your speedo glass! What happend...?

Originally posted by LincMercLover
    Man, remember the old days? Like 8-10 phillips screws and you could replace your radion, a knob, or clean your speedo glass! What happend...?
    Yup, I hear you. LOL! I don't even do my own oil changes any more. Finding a LEGAL way to dispose of the old oil has become such a PITA that I don't want to deal with it! I can't believe I used to just dump it down the storm drain in front of my house during the 70's! No one gave it a second thought back then. I was even able to do my own tune-ups back then. Now it requires a computer.

Thread Information