Thread: my night at the track

my night at the track

i finally got to run my car at the track tonight. had 3 passes. TRACK IS TOTALLY DIFF FROM THE STREET.LOL... last time it raind as soon as they calld my lane...blower...so the night startd like this...i got there early so i can get my car checkd in n head to the lanes...my lanes calld couple cars go pass n then im up...now while im sitn in my car waitn im tryna get hype so my nervs would calm down.lol...this is my FISRT TIME to make a pass so bare with me.lol...my nervs are kickn in a im axious az hell too.lol...i pull thru the water n burn up the tires, got it sides ways n let off...went to stage it n startd to stall when 1st yellow light came on n tryd to hold it till the 2nd comes on...well my nervs got the best of me n while stalling it i went pass my 2400 stall the car strartd to move got anxious n red lightd. LOL...i red lighted even b4 the 3yellow lights lit up.LOL...so i jus made the pass, when i went down she felt good...then i thought i pastd the exit, kinda slamd on brakes. but it was the 1st of 3 they have.lol...coming back to the lanes i stopd to get my timeslip. said since i red lightd i dont 1...got back in line...my cars up, this time i go around the water spin the tires alittle bit. go to stage n almost redlightd again.lol...BUT this time i held it alittle bit longer to get the green light...came up will a .317 r/t...15.25@93.7... not bad for only my second try....my goal was to get as close as i could to the 14's...then i let my brother make a pass since hes got more passes under his belt (i askd him how many n he said about 10)...well hes up against a Camaro i didnt really care at the time...so green light hits n i see he has a good jump...177 r/t...so there goin down the track n my brothers stayn with the Camaro n im like this should b good...ran a 14.84@95.. ALL STOCK i had the biggest smile on my face...i guess him shifting it manually n stalling right made the diff...told me thats all shes got. he shiftd it in all the sweet spots. about 5700rpms...i tryd to get 1 more in to tryn n better my 15.2 but a little bit of mist n they calld it a night. thats some, BS...so all i need is some practice at the track n ill b set. on the street its waaay easier i guess its cause its center stage at the track...

14.84 bone stock is a good run.
    I know people with mods that run those times.

The KING of BLING!

BOOST GETS YOU IMPERSONATED!

Quote Originally Posted by GOT5.0 View Post
    Be forewarned dont run the one that says DOOM. cause thats just what youll get!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDOWN View Post
    It's easy to find D00M, just follow his smoke or his trail of trophies!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
    When your good nobody likes ya, everyones jealous.

ive seen it somewhere our cars can run 14.8's to 15.5's so it was a possibilty. i was aimming jus get close to the 14's..now i gota try n pull that 14.8 my dam self.lol

Nice run can't imagine not being nervous. Years back I had a few runs not at a track. My car was a 406cu stroker 4 speed. At the start my leg on the clutch pedal was shaking so bad I almost couldn't control it. I remembered after the run I hadn't even looked at the tach.
    2004 marauder black purchased new. Sold 9/16 at 297,000 miles. Still ran strong didn't burn a drop of oil.
    2003 marauder black 28,000 miles all stock. Garage Queen.
    2004 marauder red daily driver.

Thread Information